OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Good Riddance, I say

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

giphy.gif

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Lmao... Honestly I feel like the Bell situation has bonded these guys more than anything else.

But Dupree was hilarious.

Thanks for the Js mydude. .

Theres no doubt this situation has given them extra motivation. At the beginning of the year they were pissed thinking it could cost them their season. Now that Conner has done well...and Bell decided to sit out all year , and not be apart of a Superbowl run? Theyll be fired up to get that ring without him.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Not that the coaches can be counted on to do the smart thing, but it seems that when the Steelers play the Patriots bringing the heat might be wise.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Brady gets rid of the ball too quickly against the Steelers' cushion coverage for the blitz to be that useful. They've needed to blitz with press coverage for years but for whatever reason, never do it. Astonishing considering how heavily Brady relies on timing.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Brady gets rid of the ball too quickly against the Steelers' cushion coverage for the blitz to be that useful. They've needed to blitz with press coverage for years but for whatever reason, never do it. Astonishing considering how heavily Brady relies on timing.

We always used too much of our base package. Which worked against the Panthers but wont against the Pats. Used mainly base against Carolina only having to uae Hilton on 17 snaps...should use more sub package with Hilton and Burnett playing up closer to box and stopping White...others. Like the Titans did. Burnett can sub for Vince at times without having to worry about him being exposed in run game. Hilton should be all over the short passes on other side . Edelman..etc. And while Davis is much better now and Gronk isnt what he was...no single coverage. Put Edmunds/ Fort for help. Haden would cover Gordon..whoever is having the bigger game.

That leaves Sensabaugh...would get beat by Edelman or Any of the other white guys.

Still say Burns needs to be put back in there and used full time. This strategy didnt work...time to let him play thru it. While he may make a mistake, much more likely to make plays. Forcing a fumble...safety this year...while Coty hangs all over WRs and still lets up a TD.

Need the Burns of last two seasons to go with this defense..let him try now that its a better group. With the Jags, Broncos, and Raiders being 3 out of next 4 games..this is the best time. If hes getting beat regularly by them..forget it. Chargers, Saints, and Pats will make plays so that doesn't tell us much yet. But if he comes in now full time who knows..in the playoffs he can get back to himself. Yes its better than Sensabaugh

And Watt/Dupree are much better than what the Pats have seen before. So is the Dline with Hargrave having his best season , letting him rush the QB more..what hes best at.

Theyll still get beat at times like we saw against the Panthers...but the Offense is where its really at. The playcaling is much better and more consistent. Still havent shown everything either. McDonald being a weapon they havent seen. Conner. Juju is better. Washington being used as a blocker where hes been great(actually had more snaps than Juju last game)..opening things up for others. Matter of time before they let him take off for a deep ball or two.

First things first..beat the Jags. Stop those RBs that ran and caught all over the D last year.

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I don't think the locker room pillaging is a good look but I agree that Bell's absence and the team's success in spite of it seems to have galvanized the team.

I think it was more messing around. Not like if Bell contacted them they wouldn't return his things. Afterall thats what it's all about...he wont respond to any players texts...nothing private. Has no problem mentioning guys on social media to look better for other GMs...but hasnt been Heinz at alll nor talked to any of the players who reached out.

Hes trying to get a new contract...not preparing for trial. The players were pissed after he didnt show up week 1...then got over it and all said they would love to have him back. Conner" we would be unstoppable". DeCastro even saying he would love to see him back and be an extra threat for the offense. Along with others. This was during our bye week after getting the season back on track. And continued all throughout this past Tuesday...knowing they have a good shot to win it all now after winning 5 straight. But Bell deciding to not come back at all and be apart of that? They are back to square one. Surprised..confused..upset...etc. With no explanation or even a "hows the weather " convo with any player. They will use it as motivation. Hes choosing RBs around the league over his own team. Not to mention already being offered a great deal. Yes Steelers dont guarantee alot of money...hasnt stopped Brown or others from signing. If confident enough he should know he would get that full 70 mil. Earn it.

Anyway now Conner has to stay healthy.

Id also continue to get Jaylen Samuels more touches. He should be the backup now with Ridley being the 3rd...emergency back. Samuels has much more potential and also has to gain more experience while Ridley is already a vet. We know what to expect from him. In case we do get unlucky again and lose Conner for playoffs(nothing is far fetched for this team the past 4 seasons), need to make sure Samuels is ready.

Last edited:
Reactions: USMC607

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I don't think the locker room pillaging is a good look but I agree that Bell's absence and the team's success in spite of it seems to have galvanized the team.

I dont think any of it is bad if you really think about it. At first they come off as petty and being dicks to Bell for not showing up. Like Buff tossing Kanes clothes into the shower.

But all the shit is free from distributors like Nike that have contracts with the league. All the players get tons of free gear and clothes throughout the yr.
It's not like its personal shit Bell paid for like jewellery and stuff. Most of it had Steelers logos and black and gold on it anyway.

Also if he wanted anything he would have informed the team he would stop by to pick stuff up. Which it seems he didnt, so he essentially forfeited all of it. It most likely would have ended up in the trash which some if it did. Some team apparel ended up in a spare locker.

When he signs with his new team next yr he will get tons of free gear again with his new teams logo and colors so I'm sure he doesnt care.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
But everyone running around calling them thugs and thieves are being a little dramatic.

Reactions: domaug

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I think it was more messing around. Not like if Bell contacted them they wouldn't return his things. Afterall thats what it's all about...he wont respond to any players texts...nothing private. Has no problem mentioning guys on social media to look better for other GMs...but hasnt been Heinz at alll nor talked to any of the players who reached out.

Hes trying to get a new contract...not preparing for trial. The players were pissed after he didnt show up week 1...then got over it and all said they would love to have him back. Conner" we would be unstoppable". DeCastro even saying he would love to see him back and be an extra threat for the offense. Along with others. This was during our bye week after getting the season back on track. And continued all throughout this past Tuesday...knowing they have a good shot to win it all now after winning 5 straight. But Bell deciding to not come back at all and be apart of that? They are back to square one. Surprised..confused..upset...etc. With no explanation or even a "hows the weather " convo with any player. They will use it as motivation. Hes choosing RBs around the league over his own team. Not to mention already being offered a great deal. Yes Steelers dont guarantee alot of money...hasnt stopped Brown or others from signing. If confident enough he should know he would get that full 70 mil. Earn it.

Anyway now Conner has to stay healthy.

Id also continue to get Jaylen Samuels more touches. He should be the backup now with Ridley being the 3rd...emergency back. Samuels has much more potential and also has to gain more experience while Ridley is already a vet. We know what to expect from him. In case we do get unlucky again and lose Conner for playoffs(nothing is far fetched for this team the past 4 seasons), need to make sure Samuels is ready.

This comment doesnt pertain to the locker raiding. But I agree about the ghosting of his "teammates".

I can see maybe being sour with certain guys that got mad and spoke publically about him for apparently lying to them about his return.

But Ben, Tomlin, AB, and others that never spoke an ill word about him during his holdout. Why would you not respond to them when they wish you well?

I mean...are you that spiteful about the organization not offering you what you want that you are going to not only burn your bridges there, but burn personal relationships you've formed too? Even Conner said he has said maybe 2 things to him and that was at the beginning of the yr, and then nothing else.

Yet he will tweet out how JuJu is special and that he voted Conner to the pro bowl. To put this front on.

Just seems petty if certain players that havent put him down or spoke I'll of him are being ghosted by him. Not a good look.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Two controlled substance incidents.

Held out the entire year.

His own teammates trash his locker.

One of the deepest running back draft classes in years last off-season where teams found quality CHEAP talent, and this coming draft looks almost as strong.

Getting older with a ton of milage on him.

Connor proved that a lot of his production came from that great O-Line and having Ben and those WR take the pressure off.

Yeah, teams are going to be lining up to open the bank for this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad