The Pittsburgher Thread - Deserve has nothing to do with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
But he was never that accurate in college. To the wide open guys you'd see because of Bama's superiority, sure, but tighter throws . . . not so much.

And he isn't especially mobile either. I'd for sure move on.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
At least MR is looking like a legit backup, Highsmith is starting to look like a baby monster, Claypool and DJ are beasts...

Drawing the Browns is about the best they could hope for to actually get a playoff win, but who knows wtf to think with this team.

I’d laugh my nuts off if the Browns finally get in by barely beating the Steelers JV and go one and done because of their varsity.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
At least MR is looking like a legit backup, Highsmith is starting to look like a baby monster, Claypool and DJ are beasts...

Drawing the Browns is about the best they could hope for to actually get a playoff win, but who knows wtf to think with this team.

I’d laugh my nuts off if the Browns finally get in by barely beating the Steelers JV and go one and done because of their varsity.

LOL, Cowher talking about the Browns last playoff appearance 'yeah, I was at that one'. :biglaugh:

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008

Highsmith was absolutely abusing Wills today. Steelers killed this draft.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I don't know. Neither of them has won a playoff game lately.

As long as Ben calls more of the plays than he doesn't and they THROW DOWN THE FIELD, they will win rather easily.

The Browns beat Mason Rudolph by 2.

With an INT that should haven easily been nullified by a blow to the face of Rudolph (as bad as the INT was shouldn't matter). That takes 7 off the board right there.

Multiple BLATANT holds missed on Cleveland late. Stevie Wonder would have gotten at least one of them.

Bring the heat on Mayfield, let Ben loose and this game isn't close.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Buffalo has been making their statement for over a month.

Like KC last year, I really would love to see Buffalo win a SB.

Their fan base has suffered since I was a kid.

I still remember talking to my Bills fan buddy on the phone when we were kids as Leon Lett was running the other way.... the pain in his voice and things only got worse in the decades since.

Don Beebe did save the day... sort of.

Reactions: KIRK

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I think Conner is ok and Snell is just horrible. We need an RB next year.

We need OL help more than a RB. That should be abundantly clear based on watching every game. Villa is done. He's horrendous. Chuks was hit or miss all year. Pouncey is one of the most overrated C's in football.

Our line lacks talent on the ends and is old.

If we don't spend 2 picks in the first 4 rounds on the OL we're not doing it right.

Reactions: Shaftception

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Conner looked terrible. There was nothing to like. Dropped passes. Bad vision. Dancing around/ not hitting the holes hard. Can’t wait for that bum to be out of here

Reactions: Andy99

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The Steelers had 2 penalties for 15 yards. The Browns had 4 penalties for 19 yards. Like @ColePens put it, I'm not one to blame the refs, but the officiating in this one was brutal.

The blow to the head

The DPI on Claypool where we later scored on 4th down.

The DPI on the 2 pt play (we shoulda run Dobbs but whatevs)

The holding on some of those Mayfield scrambles

Reactions: KIRK

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Only takes one bad tip at the line for next week to turn bad right quick.

I'd expect them to win, but I wouldn't be surprised by a loss.
I have no optimism with this team whatsoever. If anything, a lot of the arrogance that we are seeing here will likely bleed over to the players and the coaching staff won’t quell it and get it under control. This will result in the team looking past the Browns and not being focused for next week...

A missed tackle here or there, a tipped ball, a stripped ball, and that could be all it takes.

The Cleveland run game is legit and if it gets going, Baker is great running PA. With no Haden once again, no Bud and Bush to help contain Baker, it could get ugly.

On offense, that offensive line is legit suspect and if they have a bad game, look out. This means no run game, and another game in possibly cold and wet conditions.

And the ultimate wildcard...COVID. Who tests positive this week and who will be out next week?

If we’re being honest, nobody here would have given two shits who the Steelers would be playing next week IF they truly believed they were a true contender and could beat anybody. Instead, we wet the bed once again, living in our fears, and were hoping for what we thought would be the easiest team to play in the WC, and hoping that the true contenders beat each other up before we would have to play them.

But hey, Tomlin has it made in the shade this year and he knows it. Experts were pegging the Steelers at 9-7 at best and out of the playoffs and after they went 11-0 and then scratched and clawed their way to the division title, he’s golden. Add in the injuries and COVID, and he’ll have the media pulling out every excuse possible for him when they bow out of the playoffs early once again. Rooney likely already has another 4 year extension drawn up and was waiting for Mikey in the locker room to sign it...

Reactions: KIRK and Hungamania

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
As long as Ben calls more of the plays than he doesn't and they THROW DOWN THE FIELD, they will win rather easily.

The Browns beat Mason Rudolph by 2.

With an INT that should haven easily been nullified by a blow to the face of Rudolph (as bad as the INT was shouldn't matter). That takes 7 off the board right there.

Multiple BLATANT holds missed on Cleveland late. Stevie Wonder would have gotten at least one of them.

Bring the heat on Mayfield, let Ben loose and this game isn't close.

I'm guessing most of the world will take this view, so I'd go against the grain and take the Browns and whatever points they're getting. And a Browns win outright wouldn't surprise me. Assuming the Steelers A team will win because their B+ team kept it close doesn't account for the Steelers routinely being outcoached in the playoffs.

Reactions: Andy99

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Like KC last year, I really would love to see Buffalo win a SB.

Their fan base has suffered since I was a kid.

I still remember talking to my Bills fan buddy on the phone when we were kids as Leon Lett was running the other way.... the pain in his voice and things only got worse in the decades since.

Don Beebe did save the day... sort of.

Imagine it, Buffalo beats KC, goes to the Super Bowl, time to erase the demons of 4 straight SB losses, only to lose to the bad man in Tampa that finally left their division after 2 decades of dominating you year in and year out.

If the thought of it didn't make me puke I'd find it pretty amusing.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Imagine it, Buffalo beats KC, goes to the Super Bowl, time to erase the demons of 4 straight SB losses, only to lose to the bad man in Tampa that finally left their division after 2 decades of dominating you year in and year out.

If the thought of it didn't make me puke I'd find it pretty amusing.
And AB wins SB MVP as a final f*** you to the Steelers.

Reactions: Hungamania

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
We need OL help more than a RB. That should be abundantly clear based on watching every game. Villa is done. He's horrendous. Chuks was hit or miss all year. Pouncey is one of the most overrated C's in football.

Our line lacks talent on the ends and is old.

If we don't spend 2 picks in the first 4 rounds on the OL we're not doing it right.

Agreed, ignoring how important it is for the passing game, the running game begins and ends with the o-line. A good one will turn any rb into a sufficient enough runner, a bad one will turn the best of rb's into scrubs.

Outside of QB in the next couple years, oline is their biggest need, and multiple at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad