The Pittsburgher Thread - Deserve has nothing to do with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
We need OL help more than a RB. That should be abundantly clear based on watching every game. Villa is done. He's horrendous. Chuks was hit or miss all year. Pouncey is one of the most overrated C's in football.

Our line lacks talent on the ends and is old.

If we don't spend 2 picks in the first 4 rounds on the OL we're not doing it right.

We need both. :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Kyler Murray out in the AZ-LA game.

WFT playing for division against Philly, otherwise Giants are in.

And the AFC South. If Tennessee wins, they get Baltimore and Indy, with a win, gets Buffalo. If they lose and Indy wins, it's the reverse. I suspect Tennessee wants the home game against Baltimore. If anyone has been the Ravens kryptonite, even moreso than KC, it's the Titans.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Putting a pin in the Rudolph thing:

All told there was more good than bad today. The INT was a terrible play by him, although it should have been called back obviously. The sack when he held the ball forever was vintage Rudolph. He botched their first trip inside the 10.

But he made nice plays intermediate multiple times. He throws a nice deep ball, which does tend to float when he's throwing off his back foot. Having said that, so long as it's in 1:1 coverage there is nothing wrong with an underthrown deep ball as we saw time and again today. He made multiple plays that he wouldn't have last year. Claypool bailed him out on that 4th and 10 but he made multiple better throws earlier in that drive (first was a DPI against Claypool that wasn't called, second was a play that Washington should have made in the end zone.

I don't think he's the QBOTF, but I don't think it's likely that Ben and the QBOTF are both on the roster next year. Mostly because if we bring back Ben, we need OL badly. Partially because Ben would be insufferable for the real QBOTF. So I think we'll see Mason's punchable face for another couple years haha

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
But hey, Tomlin has it made in the shade this year and he knows it. Experts were pegging the Steelers at 9-7 at best and out of the playoffs and after they went 11-0 and then scratched and clawed their way to the division title, he’s golden. Add in the injuries and COVID, and he’ll have the media pulling out every excuse possible for him when they bow out of the playoffs early once again. Rooney likely already has another 4 year extension drawn up and was waiting for Mikey in the locker room to sign it...
I don’t totally hate Tomlin, but he is frustrating and I hear you on this. Personally, I won’t ignore 3 playoff wins in 9 seasons, including 3 one and done’s as favorites. If they can’t stop Cleveland’s run game and fall behind early with a typical awful start which they can’t dig out of, they could be staring at that being 3 playoff wins in 10 and 4 one and done’s as favorites. That’s unacceptable.

But what do you do, what route do you take? Things could very easily get worse regardless of the coaching situation by way of the cap situation. And Cleveland, Baltimore will remain issues while Cincinnati improves. Plus hey he always finishes at least .500!

Also as a funny side note to the Brady/Tampa comments - how funny he starts with the ****ing NFC East champ. But how funny would it be if it was the Giants and they somehow pulled it off against him yet again? Too bad Eli is retired.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@MurrGuentz3059 . . . looks like the Titans are taking care of business, much to the Ravens chagrin I suspect.

Not out of hand, but as I said, I suspect they'd much rather host the Ravens than travel to Buffalo.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Putting a pin in the Rudolph thing:

All told there was more good than bad today. The INT was a terrible play by him, although it should have been called back obviously. The sack when he held the ball forever was vintage Rudolph. He botched their first trip inside the 10.

But he made nice plays intermediate multiple times. He throws a nice deep ball, which does tend to float when he's throwing off his back foot. Having said that, so long as it's in 1:1 coverage there is nothing wrong with an underthrown deep ball as we saw time and again today. He made multiple plays that he wouldn't have last year. Claypool bailed him out on that 4th and 10 but he made multiple better throws earlier in that drive (first was a DPI against Claypool that wasn't called, second was a play that Washington should have made in the end zone.

I don't think he's the QBOTF, but I don't think it's likely that Ben and the QBOTF are both on the roster next year. Mostly because if we bring back Ben, we need OL badly. Partially because Ben would be insufferable for the real QBOTF. So I think we'll see Mason's punchable face for another couple years haha

He looks like a legit backup that you can lean on for a small stretch, but he certainly isn’t a franchise guy.

Reactions: KIRK

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Derrick Henry is fun to watch.

And a guy like Tannehill would be more than adequate for this team after Ben retires.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
He looks like a legit backup that you can lean on for a small stretch, but he certainly isn’t a franchise guy.

Tryin to get that Chase Daniels money. Like $40M as a backup. We'll see how quickly he can learn his 2nd org's system in 2-3 years.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I'm a little confused... so going into this weekend playoff seeding had Browns ahead of Ravens. Both teams win and Ravens get ahead of Browns?

Better for Steelers but makes no sense.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Derrick Henry is fun to watch.

And a guy like Tannehill would be more than adequate for this team after Ben retires.

You're only getting a Tannehill if you accept a 1st rounder who hasn't lived up to the hype at his first org.

People here only want surefire top-half first rounders.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
The Titans must really want to play at Buffalo next weekend. They are trying their hardest to blow this lead to Houston.

Reactions: Andy99

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
AJ Brown is a tremendous WR. He was my favorite in the draft.

Jonathan Taylor and JK Dobbins both having big days today.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Imagine we had John Marino or any prospect.

Played him for maybe 5 periods. 5 periods.

Then end of the year we play him in 1 game. Then blame that player for not being ready and being rusty. Doesn't matter if Mason is a starter or not. That's not how you try any prospect out. And that's how they did Dobbs and Mason.

And people want Darnold? Why? The coaching staff is dumb af. They'll keep playing Ben 99% of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad