OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Clock Management? Pfffft. We got this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
No Im with you on Tomlin...just think us losing those key players had a huge impact. All at times when couldnt be replaced by another either. Bell 3 times. Brown. Shazier last year..defense was a mess after.

I just want to see what happens with those types of players not going down. Every team has injuries but some you just cant replace.

I get what you mean but just recently the Pats won the SB without Gronk and the Eagles won with their damn backup agt the Hoodie and his Tom Tom. Wentz was basically a shoe in for the MVP last season and they lost him...

It’s just more excuses for Tomlin TBTH.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
During the first half, while the board was doing its 'replaced Ben with Dobbs and all will be well' yinzer schtick, I had the temerity to mention that the game planning for this one was absolute crap.

Not being ready for the Jags to try to run the ball down the defense's throats?

Not being ready for the hard 4 man rush, press coverage?

I mean, just one example I mentioned going back to last year. AB struggles to get off press coverage against big, athletic corners. SO, why not put him in motion more, so he can get cleaner releases? Or isolate him in crossing routes, like they finally did on that last catch on the game winning drive?

I mean, I get that Ben was pure, unadulterated **** for 3 quarters, but how can they not be ready for things like these?

Exactly. I knew sitting in my couch that the Jags were going to run the ball right into the teeth of the defense because they sure as hell weren’t going to put the game on Bortles’ arm.

And these D linemen and LBers have been playing football for how long? Who in their right mind thinks that trying to tackle someone like Fournette, with a full head of steam, up high was going to work???

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Shame for Skins and Smith. Wanted them to beat the Texans too who are right there with us.

Gonna have to keep winning.

Tight race with the Steelers, Pats, Texans for that 2nd seed. Chargers playing good too will be a tough opponent in WC round(KC winning that division). I dont even know if I want the Steelers to have a bye..yeah it guarantees we play the next round and avoids any injury. But we are horrible after time off.

We'll see anyway...have Chargers and Pats on our schedule. At worst we need to finish 3rd seed. If Pats didnt have such an easy schedule Id root for them to finish 4th and play the Chargers in WC round and Texans getting #2 seed. Id like our chances going there and beating them in divisional round. With it being Watson's first ever playoff game. This is why I say we have a good chance this year...yeah Mahomes has looked great. But playoffs are a diff story. We all saw how bad he was to start that Pats game before coming back in 2nd half. I can see that in playoffs too with him and Watson. And Chargers taking out Pats and Chiefs.

Chargers @ Steelers for AFC championship lol.

Mark it.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I get what you mean but just recently the Pats won the SB without Gronk and the Eagles won with their damn backup agt the Hoodie and his Tom Tom. Wentz was basically a shoe in for the MVP last season and they lost him...

It’s just more excuses for Tomlin TBTH.

Oh we def dont have the coaching to survive those types of injuries lol....that was my point.

Ive just accepted what we have. Rooney isnt gonna do anything. So we need all of our talent. And some good playcalling from our coords.

It was the same back in 09 too. Our talent won that...and Lebeau's D.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Shame for Skins and Smith. Wanted them to beat the Texans too who are right there with us.

Gonna have to keep winning.

Tight race with the Steelers, Pats, Texans for that 2nd seed. Chargers playing good too will be a tough opponent in WC round(KC winning that division). I dont even know if I want the Steelers to have a bye..yeah it guarantees we play the next round and avoids any injury. But we are horrible after time off.

We'll see anyway...have Chargers and Pats on our schedule. At worst we need to finish 3rd seed. If Pats didnt have such an easy schedule Id root for them to finish 4th and play the Chargers in WC round and Texans getting #2 seed. Id like our chances going there and beating them in divisional round. With it being Watson's first ever playoff game. This is why I say we have a good chance this year...yeah Mahomes has looked great. But playoffs are a diff story. We all saw how bad he was to start that Pats game before coming back in 2nd half. I can see that in playoffs too with him and Watson. And Chargers taking out Pats and Chiefs.

Chargers @ Steelers for AFC championship lol.

Mark it.

Methinks Vegas will be giving so generous odds for that prop bet.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The saints are winning it all this year.

Possibly. That team is playing some scary good ball for sure.

Then again, 4 weeks ago, the Rams were winning it all this year. And 5 weeks ago Kansas City was winning it all this year.

EDIT: I will say, in THEIR building, I think the Steelers D is going to have a very long afternoon next month. :laugh:

Reactions: Al Smith

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Possibly. That team is playing some scary good ball for sure.

Then again, 4 weeks ago, the Rams were winning it all this year. And 5 weeks ago Kansas City was winning it all this year.

EDIT: I will say, in THEIR building, I think the Steelers D is going to have a very long afternoon next month. :laugh:

Good...get that loss out of the way on their field.

Dont show them everything.

Rematch in the Superbowl...different result

Lol alright no more looking ahead...team just needs to stay healthy.

Btw Rivers picked off again. Broncos making it close. Phillip Lindsay actually pretty good. Another test for our D again next week. And all know about Vonn Miller and Chubb. Id really lean on Conner and McDonald next week. They struggle against the run and TEs .

Reactions: KIRK

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Wow refs...screwed the Broncos. Driving down to kick gw field goal...called for offensive PI. Not over yet but they had it.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Lol now Broncos come thru. Lets see if the kicker doesnt blow it.

Denver wins. Not out of playoffs yet. Actually like it that way for next week.

Chargers showing they are beatable. Havent beat one team over .500 and loss to Denver today.

Next week's game is another test..especially being at Denver. Make it it an old time Steelers football smashmouth game. Conner should get 25+ carries. Vance 10 targets. Dont let Vonn Miller and Chubb tee off on Ben. Or get that pick like Miller did today. Again, Broncos are weak over the middle and on dline. Expose it. Give Conner his carries, Vance his targets and then let AB/JuJu break one deep.

Careful with Emmanuel Sanders. Haden on him all game. They got rid of Demayrius Thomas so that should help(one not abusing Coty).

Who knows what the weather will be like in Denver...could snow. Perfect for Conner and Vance

Last edited:

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Excellent football weekend. Penn State wins, Steelers win, Barkley great (would’ve killed for the Steelers to have him today).

Alexa, please play “Zombie Nation”, set to “We Are Penn State”.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Lmao God I hope that actually happens.

Beating the Cards just now didn't help. Still upset and think that was the turning point on Ohio St's season. :mad:

Actually I respect the hell out of Condaleza Rice.

She is brilliant.

But a football head coach? May as well make AB the next head of Google because he is such a great wide receiver.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Actually I respect the hell out of Condaleza Rice.

She is brilliant.

But a football head coach? May as well make AB the next head of Google because he is such a great wide receiver.
She has something like 6 doctorate degrees!

Smarter than BB!!!

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Lamar Jackson had 27 carries? Lol good luck keeping him healthy.

Also, alot of 5-5 teams right now. And since we could finish #3 seed...Id say the most dangerous are the Colts. Team is legit now. Few pieces away but Luck is back finally...and Leonard on defense will be rookie of the year. And they have a ton of cap space. If Im them id go after Bell but I see the Jets giving him what he wants. They have a young QB who they need to have pan out. Wouldn't mind seeing him help them against the Pats twice a year either.

The AFC was supposed to get weaker but alot with nice rebuilds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad