OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Clock Management? Pfffft. We got this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He had a nice run to start the year but that's all it was, a run; it was never sustainable. He's playing like an average player because that's what he is. Best accept that and stop riding his nuts.

If he was playing well and the team had confidence in him, they would have lined up and put the game in his hands.

Conner has averaged 121 scrimmage yards per game this year. He's 3rd in rushing yards and rushing TDs on the year and 8th among RBs for receiving yards. "Average player" my ass, if you're seriously complaining about the performance he has put up this year, you're holding him to ridiculous standards.

Steelers fans were spoiled by the performances that Bell put up, it has made expectations for what a RB should be able to do totally unrealistic. In 2015, DeAngelo Williams put up 801 rushing yards and 320 receiving yards in 10 starts with Bell out of the lineup, which is worse than the performance that Conner has put up this year.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Even if they had won the game, Tomlin and the Steelers are just preparing us to get out coached during the playoffs anyway.

Lol true.

Or we can look at it as its happening now and they will fix it come playoff time. I listed some of the problems. They have to see it as well. Youre not winning it all with Coty as your starting corner and Conner getting less than 20 carries a game.

We have too many good pieces..Juju is legit. Hines Ward at this point with more speed. Two solid TEs. A solid FB WHEN they decide to run. Have to get Conner more involved again so he can put these last two games behind him.

5 games left to fix things before playoffs. Even if we lose some of those I dont care...as long as changes are made before the playoffs start and thats when we play our best football. Too many years now its been the opposite. Last year we went on a long win streak to end the season with our only loss coming against the pass..a game where we considered it a win(James caught it) so in their minds...Pats were only team to beat. Yet overlooked the Jags and lost.

That wont happen this time around. You need losses to stay grounded and fix certain areas. Glad this happened..." As long" as it benefits us going forward.

We'll find out next week. If we see Conner get 20 carries. No multiple TOs. And closer to getting Coty off the field lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Conner has averaged 121 scrimmage yards per game this year. He's 3rd in rushing yards and rushing TDs on the year and 8th among RBs for receiving yards. "Average player" my ass, if you're seriously complaining about the performance he has put up this year, you're holding him to ridiculous standards.

Steelers fans were spoiled by the performances that Bell put up, it has made expectations for what a RB should be able to do totally unrealistic.

He was one of the people saying Conner would do nothing...bust. Then quiet when Conner was tearing it up. Let him have his moment. Conner will get back to being solid again...when they actually let him have 20+ carries.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Let’s be real, the Chiefs and Pats are getting the top 2 seeds and first round byes anyway.

At the least, they better win the division and get that home wild card game. Sliiight concern as suddenly the Ravens only have one less loss and an easier remaining schedule, but at KC and at Chargers and even at Falcons... they had the luxury of working Jackson in against maybe the 2 coldest (and one downright awful) AFC teams, at home.

I feel more confident winning at KC than I do Foxborough because while KC has the more scary offense, they’re a more mistake and turnover prone team with a young QB and more susceptible defense. But, if the Steelers are going to continue to turn the ball over so much themselves, throw that all out the window, they’re toast.

Bad defense and stupidity/turnovers did them in last year. Stupidity/turnovers alone just might do it this year.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
People blaming ben? Lol.

His fault Grimble gave away a TD?

His fault Connor fumbled on the red zone?
Ben is not without blame. I’m a Ben fanboy too, but that’s what happens when a QB like him just throws too many passes. Case freaking Keenum finished with a better QBR.

Denver is a pain in the ***, especially at mile high. Had a bad feeling going in. I can only recall beating them like once since they beat them in that AFC championship game way back in 06.

Reactions: KIRK

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Connor choking 2 games in a row.
I’m a Pitt hater too, but bro - it was a combined **** sandwich and everyone, except for Juju, has taken a bite.

Even Haden played poorly today. Run D was weak and it’ll be nice to have Tuitt back.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Really don't get why we went away from the run after goimg up 17-10.

Dumb playcalling. You knew Ben was due for a INT. And Connor was gashing them. But we kept throwing it, up a TD.

You Control the ball and milk the clock. Not keep passing vs the best D on the road. Stupid stupid stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad