GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Apparently we need another one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Continue I guess... :

MT had Lev Bell and studly Deaneglo Williams at his disposal about 5 years ago.

Bell goes down and D Will plays equally well in his place.
Bell returns from injury and D Will barely plays the rest of the season

Don't give me the lack of depth thing because it's been disproven. He's on record as saying he runs the wheels off.

He also had BEll and Blount. That was 1 of the reasons Blount was pissed. Hmmm...common theme where players are promised things and then quit the team.
Super weird and coincidental and not at all on MT because he's the best coach ever. Never had a losing season!

He has the 2nd best winning percentage of coaches who have 10 years in the league.
Green will get better working over the summer with duke and Dawson. Those 3 playoff wins his QB combined for 3 tds. I am glad they dumped the outside zone and went more duo

I was responding to the talk of a specific game.

The most 8-8 seasons

He’s about to go five years without a playoff win - Hasn’t happened to the Steelers in 50 years.

Let’s ignore that though.

Already has, right? Thought last win was in '16.

17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 will be five.

8th in playoffs wins since 2010. Noll went 4 years without winning a playoff game

3 playoff wins in 11 years - standard is the standard.

Gotcha. 5 full seasons with no playoff wins. 6 years since last win.

No. This year will be 5 years since the last win. They beat the Chiefs in Jan 2017. Which was for the 2016 season.

Now that he doesn't have a franchise QB, he's not making any postseason anytime soon.

It is not just the lack of playoff wins but also the embarrassing way some of the playoff games were lost. Tebow, Bortles, Mayfield? Oof.

The organization would be better off by moving on at this point. Any other team in the league would have by now.

That still doesn't change the fact that some here go a little overboard on the Tomlin hate train.

Some sobering, eye-opening stats for the Tomlin is a fraud deniers:

- Including the loss to GB, Tomlin is now 3-7 in his last ten playoff games.

- He’s about to go five years without a playoff win.

- He will then have just three playoff wins in 11 seasons.

Do tell us about his winning seasons and all though - not like playoffs matter I guess.

Oh I know that, my point was I have no problem watching a game with inept quarterbacks because that isn't what I focus on anyway.

If it wasn't for the Bungles bungling away that game in 2015, this would be the second 5 year stretch he didn't have a playoff win, too.

Ben hasn’t had a losing season. I feel like he’s more of the reason than Tomlin. Well Ben and Colbert…

I won’t take away his credit for winning that game even if he got lucky as hell.

Besides, his playoff incompetence the last 10+ seasons simply can’t be denied. The pathetic numbers speak the truth his defenders don’t want to see.

Don’t tell the fans your org goal is to win the SB every season when you can’t even get a playoff win.

And if you break down those 3 playoff wins, it gets even uglier.

Ben started 0-2 in 2019 got hurt Mason and Duck went 8-6 to save him. Also he missed 4 games in 2010 and batch went 3-1. Whoever Tomlin has playing qb is at least 500 Jones Vick Dixon batch left which Mason Duck

Big Ben offense baby. Ben lead the league in attempts short of the sticks last season

And they paid Ben 150 million dollar in that time to throw interceptions in the playoffs

Is Peyton leaving New Orleans is carrol leaving Seattle.

His goal was not to get killed this year.....this is why Ben has gotten rid of ball even when the line occasionally blocked well.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Happy to open the new thread with this: as great of a year as TJ has had, the DPOY should NOT go to him, but rather to former Penn State Nittany Lions great Micah Parsons.

Some serious steam to this:

Now if you compare the numbers, Watt has the edge. However, as Madden says, he was a non factor in 7 games (and I’ll be willing to bet it’s 8 after next week). In addition, Parsons plays both inside and outside. Also before anyone tries to refute this argument I must ask if you’ve ever actually watched Parsons play? A factor on just about every snap.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Happy to open the new thread with this: as great of a year as TJ has had, the DPOY should NOT go to him, but rather to former Penn State Nittany Lions great Micah Parsons.

Now if you compare the numbers, Watt has the edge. However, as Madden says, he was a non factor in 7 games (and I’ll be willing to bet it’s 8 after next week). In addition, Parsons plays both inside and outside. Also before anyone tries to refute this argument I must ask if you’ve ever actually watched Parsons play? A factor on just about every snap.

There’s no steam to this, look at the odds. Watt locked it up last week.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

I watched Micah at PSU. Dude's a stud and I'm glad it's translating to the NFL. Although, not glad it's for the Cowboys. They like their PSU LB's down there.

But I think DPOY goes to Watt. Stats matter. Especially if he breaks or ties the sack record. Also, whether it should matter or not for a yearly award, I think it does, but Watt deserved it last year and was in the running the year before, too.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
I'm a huge fan of Micah but I'd put him 3rd after Watt and Donald

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Forgot the Raiders/Chargers bit. They could kneel down the entire game, and they'd both be in.

They could, but I saw some discussion about them not doing that just because they can’t trust the opposing side to follow that the entire game. I really hope the Jags win because that would be hilarious to watch on primetime.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
The Steelers have not drafted an Offensive linemen in the 1st or 2nd rounds in 10 years.
The Steelers have not drafted an Offensive lineman in the 1st or 2nd rounds in.............A DECADE

The Steelers went into the draft KNOWING, that they would not be returning ALL 5 starters from opening day 2020.
AV, MF, MO, DD, ZB...... Banner started as the RT opening game in 2020.

In the last 9 drafts....the Steelers have drafted TWO offensive lineman in the first 3 rounds of the draft.
Two, 3rd rounders....pick 87 Green and pick 92 in Chucks.

28 picks in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds in the last 9 years ......... TWO 3RD ROUND OL PICKS

So we wonder why the offensive line has been the biggest problem for this team in 2021.

Reactions: pistolpete11

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

Parson still gets run on and it took a ton of injuries for them to put him at DE. He is an elite pass rusher but for some reason they drop him into coverage a ton

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
They could, but I saw some discussion about them not doing that just because they can’t trust the opposing side to follow that the entire game. I really hope the Jags win because that would be hilarious to watch on primetime.

Oh I never thought they'd actually do that. Although it would be fun to watch. Fans would go ballistic. Imagine paying $$$ to watch 3+ hours of victory formation.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
The Steelers have not drafted an Offensive linemen in the 1st or 2nd rounds in 10 years.
The Steelers have not drafted an Offensive lineman in the 1st or 2nd rounds in.............A DECADE

The Steelers went into the draft KNOWING, that they would not be returning ALL 5 starters from opening day 2020.
AV, MF, MO, DD, ZB...... Banner started as the RT opening game in 2020.

In the last 9 drafts....the Steelers have drafted TWO offensive lineman in the first 3 rounds of the draft.
Two, 3rd rounders....pick 87 Green and pick 92 in Chucks.

28 picks in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds in the last 9 years ......... TWO 3RD ROUND OL PICKS

So we wonder why the offensive line has been the biggest problem for this team in 2021.
To be fair they expected Doctson to take over for MF and DD to play but the bone Spurs forced him to retire. Moore has been better than Villanueva and chuks played all season once banner was hurt.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Not that we were ever winning this game or making the playoffs, but gonna be even harder with Haden and now DJ in Covid protocols

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
PFF thinks Donald should win DPOY because his WAR is astronomically higher than everyone else.

I didn't even know these stupid stats existed in football.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
PFF thinks Donald should win DPOY because his WAR is astronomically higher than everyone else.

I didn't even know these stupid stats existed in football.

PFF is garbage. They have Trevon Diggs rated extremely low

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
PFF is garbage. They have Trevon Diggs rated extremely low

He does have terrible statistics outside of the interceptions.

He's a ball hawk that is actually a terrible defender.

I'm not defending their ranking here though cause it is way to low and yes, PFF is garbage.

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
AB saga continues. It’s really mind boggling.

He posted Brady’s bank info and then deleted it… then posted a made up text BA sent (Hey BA here, check out my bad grammar that looks like AB typed this!).

Dude is so f***ed in the head.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
He does have terrible statistics outside of the interceptions.

He's a ball hawk that is actually a terrible defender.

Fabian Moreaus is rated higher than Diggs per PFFs rankings. They don’t give turnovers the proper weighting. Diggs is by no means a lock down defender, but for a guy leading the league in interceptions, you’d think they’d give him more respect. No QB is actively trying to throw on him. He gets the toughest WR matchup every week.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
He posted Brady’s bank info and then deleted it… then posted a made up text BA sent (Hey BA here, check out my bad grammar that looks like AB typed this!).

Dude is so f***ed in the head.

It was his own bank account info, not Brady’s.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It was his own bank account info, not Brady’s.

I can’t keep up with the crazy, sorry.

I re-read the article I saw and mis-read it:

He called out Brady in the Instagram story version of the post, and referred to the quarterback indirectly on Twitter (in a post Brown has since deleted, likely because he posted his bank information).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad