OT: The Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers are glad to have a Butler part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Wish we could do this to the Celtics! Amazing how much that team stifles us and makes Simmons look like a G leaguer ...

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Wouldn’t mind seeing more of Bolden at the expense of Moose.
I don't disagree with you, but these are low levrage minutes Bolden is excelling in. If he can't get on the floor with a 20 point lead, he probably doesn't belong in the NBA as a legit rotation player.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Jo is scary. I have never scouted a player remotely like him.
If he has proper rest there's not a defender or defensive scheme in the NBA who can do anything to him.

Literally the one thing holding him back is that he's big as **** and cant run down the court full speed for 35+ minutes every night.

People just gotta wait on this. Simmons @ 25 + Jo @ 27 is gonna be a unreal combination.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
DID YOU SEE THAT?!

MOAR PLZ!

Simmons hit a jumper, lil bit of a fade away. It is possible-

giphy.gif

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
No, but they are good defensively and they’re tough at home. The kind of game the Sixers should win but don’t always.
They got run out of their own building recently by the Kings and are a below .500 team but agree...it is a good road win regardless for the Sixers. All road games are a bonus. I'm just soured by the Celtics game still...hate losing to that team! Hate it!

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
This is putrid.....at least when Embiid would be out...with Saric and Roco the team would still compete for the most part. Brand has some work to do...

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
looking at the box score...is Butler not being used right? and this is a game, again just from looking, that Simmons needs to step up in with Jo out

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
129.....not too far off...

That reminded me of the rebuild days....
Watched the Eagles game late on DVR, in process recording Orville. Flipping from one to the other, caught the score of teh Sixers game being recorded in the 2nd qtr. Watched Orville, Sixers were down by 29, 53-82. Stopped watching to watch the season finale of Dr. Who.

DVR is wonderful. DVR is much better than the Sixers defense without Embiid. I'm happy we have Butler, truly; however, there is a bit of buyer's remorse for the lack of depth on our bench. Buy-out season can't come soon enough.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
looking at the box score...is Butler not being used right? and this is a game, again just from looking, that Simmons needs to step up in with Jo out
In so many words, he is not. The easiest thing to do is revert back to the wrong Thibodeau ways and overplay Butler, making sure he has dead legs by PO time and just let him do everything solo/iso. Butler

I'm not sure how to best use Butler, his best looks have been antithesis to good team basketball. I don't envy Coach Brown's position. Especially when Simmons won't take a reliable shot from outside the paint. Sharing the ball is a great concept when the folks sharing are of similar levels of talents and compatible, yet differing, abilities. The Sixers have way too many zeros on defense, and not enough consistent pressure on offense.

Embiid or bust indeed.

Reactions: trostol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad