Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

tumblr_pohgabZwlM1x0uneyo4_400.gifv

John-Collins-dunk-Joel-Embiid.jpg

Now THAT is a dunk by Ant. Not this chokehold shit.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

I love PG13. And I would be down with that. But another big question is what happens with OG? I believe the thinking is that he will decline his player option with the Knicks with the expectation of getting a significant offer. PG probably the more impactful player, but OG is younger (fits the Maxey timeline very well), possibly an easier fit, and probably cheaper. Sixers are going to have to cope with Tatum for a while and OG might be the best guy for that job.

Reactions: Magua

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
They switched sides to make this happen. Surprised Suggs didn't jump in with his jersey on the side of Gradey. ;)

48b315lmlzoc1.jpeg

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
They're looking to add a guy on the Embiid timeline. There's no title window with Maxey + anyone available as your big two. And probably never will be. Embiid + Maxey + OG is extremely worrisome to me because it’s missing a halfcourt initiator. Unless you have a way to add one of those, it’s not good enough for me.

There are advantages to OG even if it’s not where I would go, but I don’t know that he’ll be much cheaper. The rumor going around is that he’s asking for 4/160+ to extend…

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I know we don’t entirely agree, but to me, there is only an Embiid timeline. Paul George is simply a lot better than OG, and that’s most likely to bring a trophy in the next 2-3 years.
Well obviously winning with Embiid is the focus, and OG fits that timeline fine. I'm not even saying I prefer one or the other, PG is one of my all time favorite players and if he becomes a Sixer I would buy my PG13 jersey so fast it would make @Hollywood Cannon 's head spin. Although I guess it wouldn't be #13.

And hey, if the Sixers are really Cap Space Kings this offseason maybe go for both. A man can dream, right? (As long as they leave enough cash to pay a real backup center for Embiid :naughty:)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Can someone check on Convington? Must be a hell of a bone bruise to not play in 3 months

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
They're looking to add a guy on the Embiid timeline. There's no title window with Maxey + anyone available as your big two. And probably never will be. Embiid + Maxey + OG is extremely worrisome to me because it’s missing a halfcourt initiator. Unless you have a way to add one of those, it’s not good enough for me.

There are advantages to OG even if it’s not where I would go, but I don’t know that he’ll be much cheaper. The rumor going around is that he’s asking for 4/160+ to extend…
Random cause I don't really follow basketball but I got curious browsing box scores. Is Amen better than Ausar? Injuries not factoring in and all.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Random cause I don't really follow basketball but I got curious browsing box scores. Is Amen better than Ausar? Injuries not factoring in and all.

Yes. I had Amen #2 in this class behind Wemby, but ahead of Scoot. He would have been 1OA for me in every other class since Zion. That’s one of the handful of best functional basketball athletes I’ve ever seen. And he’s 6’7”. It took him a bit to adjust, but he looks like he has that type of potential.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I’ve never seen this before, they call it the “court feed”. It shows real time position of the players (upper right corner) and over Maxey’s head you see graphic that shows Maxey’s shooting pct from that spot, also changes in real time. Are the players wearing tracking devices? Prett cool technology.

Edit: Yes, apparently they do. And have for a while.

IMG_2809.JPG

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
KJ Martin playing a good bumper today.

Nick Nurse might be the 2nd most valuable piece in this organization.

It's weird being that team that gets the most out of depth guys. RCIV has barely played lately too. KJ has been really functional the last month or two. I like how they use Reed-KJ together as 2 athletic small ball bigs alternating in the dunker/roll spots. Reed was fantastic today too. A big part of that is the multiple guard lineups where they can all get their own shot and need to be covered beyond the arc (not Pat Bev).

Reactions: FatTugboatFlahr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad