The People's Fantasy Hockey League

MountainGoat

Hey guys, my team is almost done and I have around 7.5 mil to take my back up goalie and two healthy scratches.
Please evaluate my team.

LW - Kunitz C - Datsyuk - RW - Gionta
LW - Mueller C - Roy RW - Burrows
LW - Stillman C - White RW - Jus. Williams
LW - Tkachuk C - Ebbett RW - Fehr

D - Barker D - Markov
D - Goligoski D Pitkanen
D - Alzner D - Picard

G - Ward
G

+Kunitz really clicked playing with Crosby, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets around 75 points
+Datsyuk imo is the most complete player in the nhl, top 5 in scoring, top 5 in takeaways
+Markov is one of the best puck moving Dman
+alot of depth up front and on D
+Cam Ward is very underrated, good for 35-40 win's, he's always amazing in the playoffs

-the only minus for me is Gionta, he's slowed down a bit each season, maybe he can regain his scoring touch with Gomez

9.5/10 - Datsyuk, Roy, Ward, Markov are some of my favorite players, definitely a top team

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I can't help but be ecstatic with my forwards...

Alfredsson Toews Antropov
Franzen Jokinen Setoguchi
Drury Vermette Little
Bourque XXX Bergenheim

my defense is not what i was looking for but could be surprising:

McCabe Whitney
Corvo Letang
J.Johnson XXX

agrudez*

+Kunitz really clicked playing with Crosby, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets around 75 points
+Datsyuk imo is the most complete player in the nhl, top 5 in scoring, top 5 in takeaways
+Markov is one of the best puck moving Dman
+alot of depth up front and on D
+Cam Ward is very underrated, good for 35-40 win's, he's always amazing in the playoffs

-the only minus for me is Gionta, he's slowed down a bit each season, maybe he can regain his scoring touch with Gomez

9.5/10 - Datsyuk, Roy, Ward, Markov are some of my favorite players, definitely a top team

Didn't Kunitz not get a goal for like a whole month after he was traded to the Pens?

MountainGoat

Only need to get a back-up goalie now, but what does everyone think of my team:

Rolston (5.062M) - M.Koivu (3.25M) - Higgins (2.25M)
Eriksson (1.6M) - McDonald (4.7M) - Knuble (2.8M)
Sturm (3.5M) - Berglund (1.247M) - Hornqvist (.713K)
MacArthur (1.4M) - Mitchell (1.367M) - Dawes (850K)

Rafalski (6.0M) - Green (5.25M)
Morris (3.3M) - Beauchemin (3.8M)
Koistinen (1.0M) - Gervais (.741K)

Nabokov (5.375M)
XXXXXX

+Centers are good
+sick top paring on your Defense
+Nabokov will get you alot of points, an easy 40 wins play on SJ

overall your forwards are average

Rolston had an injury so he has an excuse for his play last season, maybe he can bounce back under Lemaire but I'm not convinced

Higgins had an injury as well, he should be good for 20 goals in a full season

7.5/10

MountainGoat

Didn't Kunitz not get a goal for like a whole month after he was traded to the Pens?

when they moved him on Crosby's line he really took off, he was a point per game player

I didn't watch the playoff's after the devils got knocked out so I didn't see him play then, on tsn it says he had 1 goal in 24 playoff games, thats not good

MountainGoat

Not to derail the discussions on whose team is better or anything, but I planned to after the main draft do a power ranking poll.

I was thinking of having each team PM me with their top 5 votes then give 5 points to first place, 4 to 2nd, 3 to 3rd, etc. and then add all of the scores up to see who the best teams in all of the owner's eyes are.

I was also thinking it would be fun to vote on other, superfluous things, like:

best top forward line, best defense, best healthy scratches, team with most potential in the future, etc.

Feel free to drop some ideas of your own on how to organize it all.

sounds great, I like the way Hollywood Cannon handled his rankings in his draft, something similar to that would probably be the easiest way

Rugs by Resch

Apr 16, 2009
Upstate Ny
why thank you;)

whatta lurk haha...juss kidding;)

Ovechkin (9.358) - Stamkos (3.725) - St. Louis (5.250)
Whitney (3.550) - Connolly (4.500) - Langenbrunner (2.800)
Kozlov (3.666) - Peverley (.487) - Moller (.875)
Belanger (1.750) - Lapierre (.688) - Ott (1.425)

Niedermayer (6.750) - Martin (3.833)
Oduya (3.500) - I. White (.850)
Girardi (1.550) - Mottau (.763)

Kiprusoff (5.833)
C. Mason (3.000)

also any lineup modifications I should do or anything haha

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Here are my ratings:

@ Fedro: 6.5/10.
@ MarkusNaslund19: 9/10.
@ redbeard77: 8.5/10
@ Ktown: 7.5/10.

My turn :)

:caps
Thomas Vanek - Jeff Carter - Nathan Horton
Alexei Ponikarovsky - Paul Stastny - David Perron
Erik Cole - Tomas Plekanec - Dustin Byfuglien
Nikolai Kulemin - Sam Gagner - Lee Stempniak
Ex. Jannick Hansen (RW)

Dennis Wideman - Ryan Suter
Marc E. Vlassic - Matt Niskanen
Chris Campoli - Josh Gorges
Ex. Marc Methot

Pascal Leclaire
Brian Elliot

Please rate out of ten.

agrudez*

Kiprusoff (5.833)
C. Mason (3.000)

suggestion:

instead of trying to auction off some of your better forwards for cheaper ones, why don't you just downgrade that 3M backup goalie for a <1M one?

MountainGoat

I can't help but be ecstatic with my forwards...

Alfredsson Toews Antropov
Franzen Jokinen Setoguchi
Drury Vermette Little
Bourque XXX Bergenheim

my defense is not what i was looking for but could be surprising:

McCabe Whitney
Corvo Letang
J.Johnson XXX
I like your defense, you have a ton of depth all around
I don't like Emery, he's very average and has some issue's... I guess he'll fit in perfect as a flyer:sarcasm:
8.5/10

Kiprusoff (5.833)
C. Mason (3.000)

Ovechkin - Stamkos - St. Louis... I'll give you a high rating just for that line alone
if Connolly can stay healthy he'll be worth alot
Kiprusoff is probably going to get the most fantasy points as a goalie
if you can get under the cap I'll give you a 9.5

Here are my ratings:

@ Fedro: 6.5/10.
@ MarkusNaslund19: 9/10.
@ redbeard77: 8.5/10
@ Ktown: 7.5/10.

My turn :)

:caps
Thomas Vanek - Jeff Carter - Nathan Horton
Alexei Ponikarovsky - Paul Stastny - David Perron
Erik Cole - Tomas Plekanec - Dustin Byfuglien
Nikolai Kulemin - Sam Gagner - Lee Stempniak
Ex. Jannick Hansen (RW)

Dennis Wideman - Ryan Suter
Marc E. Vlassic - Matt Niskanen
Chris Campoli - Josh Gorges
Ex. Marc Methot

Pascal Leclaire
Brian Elliot

Please rate out of ten.
I like your team alot but I'm not sure about Leclaire, Ottawa looks good up front but their defense is pretty poor and I don't know much about their coach or what type of system he use's
I'll give you a 9/10 for now, if Ottawa can play like they did a few years ago and if Leclaire can fit in then I'll give you a higher rating

agrudez*

Announcement

As you may know, well - the GMs who are actually still drafting their teams anyway :sarcasm:, the draft is coming to an end. Tuesday will be the last day for the NHL dispersal draft.

After this draft is over there is still, of course, the prospect draft.

The prospect draft will be beggining on Friday of next week. It will function the same way as the current draft, the clock will begin at noon and end at midnight and each team will be given drafting slots throughout the day; however, for the first 3 rounds of the prospect draft each team's clock will be back to the one hour time slot. Rounds 4-8 will be one half hour time slots again.

I am delaying the start of the prospect draft for a few reasons:

- to give some time for GMs to get active again
- to give some time for the NHL dispersal skipped picks to be made up
- to give some time to research prospect picks (I know I have done about zero research on the subject with how busy I have been)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Another Announcement

As far as the NHL dispersal draft goes, we have currently fully completed up to round 15. We are currently starting round 20. I am giving all of the teams with skipped picks until midnight tommorrow before I auto every single skipped pick up to round 20. There are some teams with a TON of skipped picks.

Cape Breton Eagles
Los Angeles Kings (why do you keep trying to draft prospects btw?)
Saint John Sea Dogs

Then there are a few teams who have missed a pick here or there and have probably not realized it.

I suggest that EVERYONE take a look at the first page of the draft thread to see if they have any pending skipped picks. It takes just a few moments to do.

As far as after the draft is over, any skipped picks in rounds 20-22 will be auto'd after Thursday at noon. This will fully complete the draft before the prospect draft starts.

Hopefully I won't have to make as many auto picks as I had to in the last 2 days, I suppose I won't hold my breath, though :sarcasm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Not Really an Annnouncement

On a side note, I want to thank all of the great guys who started in the league and have kept active the entire time. I really appreciate the dedication of some of you which has rivaled my own. I would also like to thank the teams who have stepped in to replace those who have left.

Unfortunately some GMs who were extremely active have become dormant, but I hold onto hope that they will come around sooner rather than later and we can continue the great league that we have already started.

Either way, things are looking pretty promising in my opinion. I am looking forward to buying myself a trophy after I win the league this year.

agrudez*

I like your defense, you have a ton of depth all around
I don't like Emery, he's very average and has some issue's... I guess he'll fit in perfect as a flyer:sarcasm:
8.5/10

Wow Jamie, just wow. We might have to throw down here if you keep the Philly bashing going. I think rugs mentioned you are a Devils fan. Have fun watching 1-1 games going to OT all year with your hardcore trap back in place. I know I will be enjoying 3 potent scoring lines, a half dozen guys who drop the gloves and fight like animals and, oh yeah, CHRIS PRONGER!!!

MountainGoat

Wow Jamie, just wow. We might have to throw down here if you keep the Philly bashing going. I think rugs mentioned you are a Devils fan. Have fun watching 1-1 games going to OT all year with your hardcore trap back in place. I know I will be enjoying 3 potent scoring lines, a half dozen guys who drop the gloves and fight like animals and, oh yeah, CHRIS PRONGER!!!

and a carousel of average goalies:laugh:

yea I know everyone is saying the devils will go back to the boring trapping team that sits back on 1 goal leads but I don't think the devils will be a whole lot different from last year, Lemaire said he wants to maintain the aggressive forechecking but have the center stay back a bit and actually have the defense pinch up on the play... something that they didn't do at all last year

I rather have Lemaire's system over John Steven's... does Steven's even have a system?:sarcasm:

agrudez*

and a carousel of average goalies:laugh:

yea I know everyone is saying the devils will go back to the boring trapping team that sits back on 1 goal leads but I don't think the devils will be a whole lot different from last year, Lemaire said he wants to maintain the aggressive forechecking but have the center stay back a bit and actually have the defense pinch up on the play... something that they didn't do at all last year

I rather have Lemaire's system over John Steven's... does Steven's even have a system?:sarcasm:

Thanks for asking.

and
the
answer
is....

no, no he does not have a system, he is an idiot.

The Flyers have the 2nd most talented team in the league, behind San Jose, and we will still come in 3rd in the East (behind Boston and whatever team Bettman decides needs to win the cup this year - it can't be the Pens AGAIN, can it?)because our coach is inept at making lines and runs a "do whatever you feel like doing" system.

If we had a REAL coach we would throw this 3 good scoring lines bull out the window, stack our 2 top lines and have the best top 2 lines in the league* imo, make an actual 3rd line be a checking line and roll the 4th line out there just to muck it up.

*stacked top 2 lines:
Gagne - Richards - Briere
Hartnell - Carter - Giroux

(I think I just wet myself thinking about it...)

For ***** and giggles lets speculate the points those 2 lines will put up, assuming health is not a factor:

Line 1:
Gagne - 40G 40A, and that is an average year for Simon
Richie - 30G 50A, with 8 of those goals being shorthanded as he continues trying to shatter that record
Briere - 35G 35A, a little low for him, but even if he is healthy he will still miss a dozen games with a stubbed toe

Line 2:
Harts - 30G 25A, and 500 PIMS, all of which are due to Pejorative Sluration
Carts - 40G 30A, I am expecting a down year for him, when teams game planned for him he got shut down, he is still a monster though
Giroux - 25G 40A, and then next year he will have 35G and 60A because he is the next coming of FOPPA!!!

We would also play a system that complimented our team make up. We have a good mix of big bulking wingers (Carcillo, Hartnell, Lappy - if he plays wing) and small, quick wingers (Briere, Powe - if he plays wing, Giroux - if he plays wing)
oh, and of course, JVR waiting in the wings.

We should play a more up tempo forecheck with the quick winger chasing the puck and the big winger and our 2 selke trophy worthy centers clogging the neutral zone. Not to mention now that we have a heavy hammer on D (Pronger) we can take more forechecking risks.

I am just hoping that all the leadership we added this offseason (Pronger and Lappy) plus the maturation of Mike Richards will help offset the ineptitude of the coach coming down the stretch. Nothing was worse than seeing our players take the last week or two of the season off last year and not being able to flip the switch for the first game of the Pens series. The hope stems from the fact that Smith and Hatch were able to do that in 07-08, so it has been done before.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Maybe it's just me, but this is a badass team.

Gagne-Backstrom-Kovalev
Elias-Pavelski-Wheeler
Malone-Laich-Guerin
Glencross-Reinprecht-Kobasew

Blake-Spacek
Wisniewski-Hamhuis
Boynton-Montador

Lundqvist
Anderson

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Maybe it's just me, but this is a badass team.

Gagne-Backstrom-Kovalev
Elias-Pavelski-Wheeler
Malone-Laich-Guerin
Glencross-Reinprecht-Kobasew

Blake-Spacek
Wisniewski-Hamhuis
Boynton-Montador

Lundqvist
Anderson
awesome set of forwards and top goaltender, but your defence is very weak to say the least...rob blake as your top pairing dman is not too good...boynton, montador and hamhuis don't put up much for points either...spacek should do well and wisniewski is a big unknown at this time...

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
My team '

Kessel-Malkin-Lupul
Demitra-Gomez-Umburger
Raymond-Hanzal-R.Nielsion
Miller-xxx-xxx

Bieksa-Ranger
Brewer-Poti
Hjalmerson-Butler

Lehtonen

Last edited:

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Stick with Turco. Dallas will be healthy again this year. They did not get the Monster so Turco is guaranteed to start around 65 games. He will win 30 this year IMO. As far as Varlamov goes, he is a gamble. He played good for a few games in the playoffs, but you never know what happens with him this year.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
I would trade Turco and draft Varlamov. Varlamov is a great goaltender and he's young and Cheap. How can you go wrong.

Filatov won t even make it, I heard that Hitchkock want to put him in the AHL for at least half a season. The only way he s making the team is if he blow every one away.
Varlamov should fly away with the starting job. That s just my input.

MountainGoat

My team '

Kessel-Malkin-Lupul
Demitra-Gomez-Umburger
Raymond-Hanzal-R.Nielsion
Miller-xxx-xxx

Bieksa-Ranger
Brewer-XXX
Hjalmerson-Butler

Lehtonen

not bad
your forwards are good, your defense is below average, good goaltending, you still need a #1 Dman 6.5/10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad