London Knights -
Kelowna Rockets - redbeard7737
Vancouver Canucks - CAPiTA
Chicago Blackhawks - Failure By Design
Anaheim Ducks - bieksa 3
Cape Breton Screaming Eagles - eagles101
Toronto Maple Leafs - leafs44

Draft

The drafting team will have one hour to select their player. If the hour goes by without a pick being selected the top available player from the team’s “list” of players they want will be chosen. If the team has not submitted a “list” to any commissioner, or if all of the players on said team’s current list are taken then the team has their pick skipped and the next team will be put on the clock. The team whose pick was skipped will be allowed to take that pick at any point in the draft after their pick is skipped; however, only players available at that time will be allowed to be selected. For example, Team A chooses number 1 overall, but is skipped, Team B chooses AO, Team C chooses Malkin, Team A then realizes they were skipped and makes their selection of Crosby because AO and Malkin were already taken. In the event that a team's pick is skipped and they have not chosen for that pick by the time their next pick comes up they will be removed from the league - at this time the GM's will decide what to do with any players on said team

The NHL player draft will consist of all players in the NHL with more than 25 games experience in a single season or 2 preceding season with more than 6 games experience in the NHL (any player not eligible for the Calder next year). This draft will be 22 rounds. Each team will select 4 forward lines, 3 defensemen lines, 2 goalies and 2 scratched skaters.

An Entry/Prospect Draft will also be conducted. This draft will consist of ALL players that are eligible for the Calder Trophy next year (not having played 25 games in any single season prior nor 6 games in 2 prior seasons in the NHL). This draft will be 8 rounds long and will follow the same rules as the NHL player draft.

Trading

All trades will be sent to the league commissioners. Trades deemed questionable will be researched, IE. The owners involved in the trade will be questioned on why they are doing / how they negotiated the questionable trade. Trades will only be vetoed if cheating is suspected or if one or both of the owners decide to back out of said trade (we will not keep two compliant/legit owners from doing any trade, no matter how questionable it is)

Roster

Each team will have 4 forward lines, 3 defensive pairings and 1 starting goaltender for a given week.

Each team is granted a 62.8M salary cap, penalty for being over the cap is forfeiture of games until the salary cap problem is rectified.

The team must always carry at least 22 NHL roster players, and may only carry 8 prospect players. Any player over the 30 player limit is automatically deemed a healthy scratch and is put on the team's active roster and counts towards their salary cap.

This salary cap will only include players currently on your active NHL roster after the season starts. Any prospects on your team will not count; however, it is important to note that when you DO switch these players into your roster their salaries do count.

During the season. when a team attempts to bring up a prospect player, the player being sent down to make room for the prospect player is put onto waivers for a 72 hour time window. If no team claims the player off of waivers the player is sent down to the prospect team (or cut if that is what the GM wants to do) and their cap hit no longer affects the team. However, if that player is picked up by another team off of waivers the team who put the player on waivers is responsible for half of the players cap hit. The team who picks up the player is responsible for the other half of the cap hit.

In a nutshell...

8 prospect players, as many NHL players as you want (with a minimum of 22). All NHL players count against your cap hit. If you want to send down an NHL player they go through waivers and may be picked up by a team with both teams involved being responsible for half the cap hit. If they do not get picked up they can either go on your prospect team or be cut.

Point System

Forwards

Goal: 2 points
Assist: 1 point
Power Play Goal: 1.5
Powerplay Assists: 1
Short Handed Goal: 3
Short Handed Assists: 2
Empty Net Goal: 1
Game Winning Goal / OT Goal: 2 + original 2 for a goal
Plus/Minus Plus: 0.5
Plus/Minus Minus: -0.5
Hat Trick: 3 + original 6 for 3 goals

Defense

Goal: 2.5 point
Assist: 1 point
Power Play Goal: 2
Power Play Assist: 1
Short Handed Goal: 3.5
Short Handed Assist: 2
Empty Net Goal: 1
Game Winning Goal / OT Goal: 2.5 + original 2.5 for a goal
Plus/Minus - Plus: 1.5
Plus/Minus - Minus: -1.5
Hat-Trick: 5 + original 7.5 for 3 goals

Goalies

Goal: 10
Assist: 3
Win: 1
Regulation Loss: -1
Overtime/SO Loss: 0
Saves/GM > 10: 0
Saves/GM > 20: 1
Saves/GM > 30: 2
Saves/GM > 40: 3
Saves/GM > 50: 4
Goals/GM = 0: 5
Goals/GM = 1: 3
Goals/GM = 2: 2
Goals/GM = 3: 1
Goals/GM = 4: 0
Goals/GM = 5: -1
Goals/GM > 5: -3

The GM's of this league will be:

myself (Agrudez)
Rugs by Resch
Ktown Sens Fan 19

Important League Dates:

Saturday, August 22nd, 10 AM - draft lists will begin being accepted - make sure to send to ALL 3 GM's
Sunday, August 23rd, 10 AM - the commencement of the draft

Last edited by a moderator:

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
new_logos460x235.jpg

I will take the Bruins...I can help as much as possible

Last edited:

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I like the 1 hour time limit rules...very solid and very clear...excellent...and the fact we can have lists as the backup in case we are not available is perfect...couple questions:

1. Salary cap?
2. How many teams?...do we want all 30 or have 20 that are more active?

Thanks.

OilTownHero

Feb 13, 2009
I am in as Los Angeles.

Also, as a seasoned vet of HF I am willing to co-lead this league with you.

Get back to me.

OTH

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I can't figure out how to input an image into a message...seems so easy and I am sure it is, but its starting to piss me off!...I just want the Bruins logo and maybe know how to paste a picture from the web for when i pick a player....help!

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
I can't figure out how to input an image into a message...seems so easy and I am sure it is, but its starting to piss me off!...I just want the Bruins logo and maybe know how to paste a picture from the web for when i pick a player....help!
Click the little mountain thing.. it says insert image... then back space the http crap thats already in there when the box pops up.. then paste the link to the pic in there then click ok

MountainGoat

agrudez*

there is no definite start at the momet, I will be discussing it with others, but the draft time and order will be announced a few days in advance so everyone is prepared.

As for a salary cap, I knew I forgot to add something :sarcasm:

56.8M for a salary cap, as in the real NHL, if you are over the cap you forfeit games until you rectify your salary cap problem, as in the real NHL

agrudez*

Rugs by Resch and Ktown Sens Fan 19 will be the co-gm's of the league along with myself.

Currently we are discussing whether to make this a 20 team or 30 team league. At the moment we have 12 interested managers.

I will continue to keep you posted regularly, I am in no rush to jump into a draft and would much rather have a stable league set up with strong leadership and a clear start time announced well ahead of time to allow for preparation and planning for an active, intense draft.

Keep checking back for more information, and don't forgot to offer critiques of the rules list to begin open dialogues of those rules as well as ask any questions of something you are unsure of, because if you are unsure of something it is because:
A. I didn't clarify it well enough and need to fix that
B. I completely forgot about it when making my prelim rules list :sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:

agrudez*

The GM's have decided to allow teams to pick between any team affiliation: NHL, AHL, OHL, The Q, KHL, Superliga, etc.

Old Time Sauce

Oct 8, 2008
The GM's have decided to allow teams to pick between any team affiliation: NHL, AHL, OHL, The Q, KHL, Superliga, etc.

I would love to join this league...

and does that mean i can name my team the Saint John Sea Dogs of the QMJHL ?

Rugs by Resch

Apr 16, 2009
Upstate Ny
:devils

For the record guys, we are not going to rush into the draft. We are looking for dedicated gm's and once we get a feel for it we will start looking at the draft.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad