Confirmed with Link: The Penguins have named Ron Hextall as general manager and Brian Burke as president of hockey operat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I mean, Rutherford reported to David Morehouse. Ray Shero reported to David Morehouse. How is this different?
Multiple sources have alleged that Morehouse is a shadow GM; that he demands final say on any deal involving substantial players.

His experience is in political communications. He shouldn't even be consulted on personnel decisions.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
From first glance you’d think ownerships problems are that the team doesn’t have enough in the pipeline and that the team is too soft.

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Multiple sources have alleged that Morehouse is a shadow GM; that he demands final say on any deal involving substantial players.

His experience is in political communications. He shouldn't even be consulted on personnel decisions.
I think Burke will help marginalize Morehouse.

Reactions: Jules Winnfield

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I'm excited. I like both moves.

Brian Burke shows his biggest smile ever seen in public.

28995.jpg

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Interesting. I like the Hextall choice, Burke will be worth it if we can watch his tie slowly unravel on draft day.

Also I know it was a long time ago, but didn't Burke build the Anaheim cup champion team? I know the job he did in Toronto was...yikes, but that's not what he'll be doing here anyway.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Ought to be interesting. Can’t believe I have to root for Ron Hextall and Brian Burke to take my team back to the promised land, but here we are.

or take us back to the X-Gen years...we need new thinking...

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
On the bright side, we'll have a rivaly with the Flyers and Capitals again.

It's only a matter of time until they acquire a few goons to stir shit up vs Flyers and Tom Wilson.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Gosh I hate the old boys club.

I'll keep what I really think for me, but let's just say that I do not like it one bit.

We're all friends here. Flame away. I like it from a standpoint of my perception more so than knowing too much about these guys except the basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad