Confirmed with Link: The Penguins have named Ron Hextall as general manager and Brian Burke as president of hockey operat

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Brian Burke?

Really? They just couldn't help themselves.

Not to give people hope, @Honour Over Glory, but Reirden did the post practice interviews.

Sully deserves all the criticism he's received but I'd sign him to a lifetime deal before letting Todd be head coach of this team. Hopefully it was only Sullivan taking a call from his new bosses.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Brian Burke?

Really? They just couldn't help themselves.

Sully deserves all the criticism he's received but I'd sign him to a lifetime deal before letting Todd be head coach of this team. Hopefully it was only Sullivan taking a call from his new bosses.
Just let some people have a little hope.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Burke is a no nonsense kind of guy though. We could use someone like that. And Hextall will be doing the majority of the heavy lifting on the roster. I like it.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
BB knows his stuff. Hes always got pretty good takes when hes in between intermissions

Think this combo is good

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

Yeah, I don't think it was anymore than Sullivan having a meeting with the new management.

Also double agree on TR. Woof.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Ol Sonic the Hedgehog lookin' ass

Bjx0-GuIEAAPTek.jpg

img]

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Hextall will be making the decisions so im cool with it. Burke is kind of a wierd choice but whatever.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Excited. Hextall is a great mind for drafting and retooling this squad and Burke is the type of no nonsense leader that will make sure we are on the straight and narrow and won't be scared to make the big move.
All our GM's over the last 30 years have made big moves. That's in the Pens DNA. lol

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
Honestly, these are two great hires. For the people saying Hextall is only good as a rebuild/draft guy this gives them a good balance. Burke knows what a championship roster looks like, while Hextall just has an insane eye for talent.

This team went from Rutherford doing whatever he wanted to having 2 smart and experienced hockey minds making calculated decisions.

This team has been bad at drafting for a few years now.. that won't be the case with Burke and Hextall on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad