LeBrun: The Penguins are trying to move Alex Galchenyuk

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Melker Karlsson for him and a fourth. Pens kill some cap and get a premier PK guy, sharks get a fourth.

You have the plus on the wrong side there. Karlsson is a crap 4th liner who's heinously bad offensively and only offers "premier PK value" as a guy who gets used on a PK.

The value for Galchenyuk is about a 3rd, based on the Brassard trade from last year. If you think the player you're offering isn't worth a 3rd, it's not a good offer.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
You have the plus on the wrong side there. Karlsson is a crap 4th liner who's heinously bad offensively and only offers "premier PK value" as a guy who gets used on a PK.

The value for Galchenyuk is about a 3rd, based on the Brassard trade from last year. If you think the player you're offering isn't worth a 3rd, it's not a good offer.
Yeah no ones giving you a third. Keep dreaming. I think you should be happy to get rid of the cap hit

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens will trade him for cap space. He was part of a trade and was a risk with his fit as to the Pens. he is a very good 25 year old who works hard and has not been an issue except he simply doesn't offer the style that the Pens value. Moving him to center and fresh start may be something he needs.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Pens will trade him for cap space. He was part of a trade and was a risk with his fit as to the Pens. he is a very good 25 year old who works hard and has not been an issue except he simply doesn't offer the style that the Pens value. Moving him to center and fresh start may be something he needs.

He works hard???? Biggest floater in the eastern conference.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Pens will trade him for cap space.

I think this is wrong. We dont need the cap space, so there is no point dumping him as such. The purpose is to get an asset to use in other trades or to bring down the acquisition cost of someone we need more.

If there is no such trade to make I’d rather we wait and play him, Bjugstad and Lafferty together on the 4th line.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah no ones giving you a third. Keep dreaming. I think you should be happy to get rid of the cap hit

Imagine seriously thinking that past trades don't represent future values of trades. You're the delusional one here to think that you can get Galchenyuk and a pick for a trash 4th liner.

Reactions: Genetic

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Imagine seriously thinking that past trades don't represent future values of trades. You're the delusional one here to think that you can get Galchenyuk and a pick for a trash 4th liner.
That’s how cap dumps work. If a team was willing to pay he would already be gone, by instead rumours have been going around for months while Galchenyuk works his way down the lineup and getting very little points.

Reactions: bernmeister

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That’s how cap dumps work. If a team was willing to pay he would already be gone, by instead rumours have been going around for months while Galchenyuk works his way down the lineup and getting very little points.

Imagine seriously thinking that Galchenyuk is a "cap dump" as a rental.

Your offer is just trash, dude. It's comically lopsided. You have the Penguins adding for a clearly worse player, one that analytically shouldn't even be in the NHL. Galchenyuk being a positive for a powerplay is way more value than Karlsson provides.

Reactions: Genetic

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Pens don't really need the cap space with Guentzel out for the season. If we can deal him in a move for an asset, we will. Otherwise we will keep trying to find a fit for him or just bury him as a healthy scratch until we need an injury replacement somewhere. If it helps us get an asset back, I don't see a big problem with retaining salary on him either. Like I said we aren't tight against the cap with Jake out.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I suspect the main reason no one is biting is because of Galchenyuk's qualifying offer. There's no way he sniffs close to 5M given his performance. So any team acquiring him as to hope he likes the team enough to sign for less. Assuming, of course, he's worth keeping from their perspective.

So why give up a pick when you can just sign him in the off season?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Y'all want Kessel back?

One for one Brandon Sutter.

InfantileSingleBactrian-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Peat

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I suspect the main reason no one is biting is because of Galchenyuk's qualifying offer. There's no way he sniffs close to 5M given his performance. So any team acquiring him as to hope he likes the team enough to sign for less. Assuming, of course, he's worth keeping from their perspective.

Chucky is a UFA. He has completed 7 years in the nhl. This is year 8.

Shoofyou10

Apr 30, 2009
The Burgh
He’s got a great shot and gives a ton of effort. I feel like he’s not shooting enough though. The shot also could help a lot of teams on the PP. but he’s not a great skater and Sullivan doesn’t seem to trust him much and has banished him to the 4th line and the 2nd PP. he doesn’t really fit the game the pens are playing right now but he does have skill and could possibly thrive in a better system for him.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014

He’s going to be a UFA

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

No he’s not.... I’d do Melker for Galchenyuk straight up. That’s pretty close to fair.

for reference though I’d definitely give up a 3rd for Galchenyuk. I’d also be willing to do something like Roy or Suomela+pick for him

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I can see a guy like Chaisson fitting with the pens.
Oilers could try Galchenyuk but idk.

Given how Chaisson is signed through next year, I'd love a trade that's based around those two pieces.
Interesting how they've both got 14 points so far.
I'll admit I haven't watched a Pens game this season so I don't know how Gally has looked, but surely you'd think he'd mesh well one one of our top 2 centers... but then again that's probably what the Penguins were thinking when they acquired him, right?

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

Do you by chance sell used cars?

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad