LeBrun: The Penguins are trying to move Alex Galchenyuk

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Galchenyuk has his flaws for sure but the guy has pretty much constantly been above 0.50 PPG in his career. How is that not NHL quality? He's one-dimensional but there are loads of players with similar traits in the league.
No man, you can’t have this guy in your top 6 and be a contender. And he’s not suited for the bottom 6. He’s essentially useless.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Your point seems to be that Neal scores only by tips and tap ins around the net, thus Galchenyuk not being able to do that kind of thing if he was on the Oilers. That's wrong. A significant amount of Neal's goals as a Pen were from the slot area.
Regardless of what Neal has done in the past the role in which he’s currently thriving is as the net front guy on the pp. That’s the only role that hets interchanged on that unit and we give minutes to one unit.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
He doesn’t have the IQ, don’t you remember he constantly tries to dangle himself out of situations and it rarely works. He has a great shot, that’s it. Not an NHL caliber player, time to go to Russia for him.

I think he has the IQ - he is positionally pretty good it’s just he’s not really doing much most of the time. He never seeks out the play he seems to always want to have the puck come to him so I’d call his problem laziness.

The only real thing that bothers me about his game is how he will tend to leave the defensive zone early - again laziness related ie always wanting to be set up with the puck instead of creating the play.

My only other really concern with him is whatever re-occurring leg injury (knee?) that keeps happening.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Regardless of what Neal has done in the past the role in which he’s currently thriving is as the net front guy on the pp. That’s the only role that hets interchanged on that unit and we give minutes to one unit.

you brought up the past with Neal. Either way he shouldn’t even be part of this thread. This is about chucky and his value. Neal is not a comparable due to the size and length of his contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->