LeBrun: The Penguins are trying to move Alex Galchenyuk

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
3 organizations in less than 3 years. Where else is he gonna go?
Any other team that needs scoring depth? Lol James Neal was absolutely done completely dog shit yet he still plays in the NHL. I don't give a shit if he's played for 3 teams in under 3 years like that's some kind of revelation :laugh: plenty of decent players are journeymen.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm still waiting to see an example of a similar rental winger to Galchenyuk, in terms of production, contract situation and overall ability, having negative value. Still have yet to be provided one by the people saying Galchenyuk has negative value and sucks.

Reactions: Son Goku

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017
3 organizations in less than 3 years. Where else is he gonna go?
Galchenyuk is on 3rd team in 3 years, Neal is on 4th team in 4 years. Saying Neal is so much better is laughable at best.

Galchenyuk had 41 points last year, Neal 19
Galchenyuk had 51 points 2 years ago, Neal 44
Hell, go to 2016/2017 Galchenuk still had 44 points in 61 games, and Neal 41 in 70.

Galchenyuk is UFA after this season, Neal still has albatross contract. You sir clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Galchenyuk is on 3rd team in 3 years, Neal is on 4th team in 4 years. Saying Neal is so much better is laughable at best.

Galchenyuk had 41 points last year, Neal 19
Galchenyuk had 51 points 2 years ago, Neal 44
Hell, go to 2016/2017 Galchenuk still had 44 points in 61 games, and Neal 41 in 70.

Galchenyuk is UFA after this season, Neal still has albatross contract. You sir clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
Now do the stats for this year. Or go by age. His career doesn’t even sniff neals. Neal had at least 20 goals for 10 straight seasons. Looking like he’s going to make it 11/12.

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017
Now do the stats for this year. Or go by age. His career doesn’t even sniff neals. Neal had at least 20 goals for 10 straight seasons. Looking like he’s going to make it 11/12.

Yeah, lets do that, just to further prove you have no idea what you are talking about

Neal:

48GP: 19G 8A 27 Points
-21, 3 min PPTOI, 16:42 Average TOI

Galchenyuk:

37GP: 5G 11A 16 Points
-3, 1:39 PPTOI, 12:23 Average TOI

Galchenyuk has 0.43 PPG average, Neal has 0.56 while playing double the time on PP (1st pp unit vs 2nd for Galchenyuk) and averaging more than 4 min a game more (on 1st line with McJesus, while Galchenyuk is on the 4th line) As I said, put Galchenyuk on 1st unit with McJesus and play him on 1st PP unit, he has more points easily. And just for the hell of it, Neal had 352 points through his 1st 8 seasons, including 2 monstear years playing with Malkin and racking up 80+ and 60+ points. Galchenkyuk for same time frame has 312 points, including this year. You take away 81 point year that Neal had with pens, and he has less points than Galchenyuk. So much for greater player lol.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Pens fan here.

Galchenyuk is a candidate for not being claimed on the waiver wire, meanwhile having any value in a trade.

Glachenyuk is also not a “rental” in the traditional sense. A rental is a player who is acquired in hopes that said player can help said team down the stretch - or in the playoffs.

The only way a team acquires Galchenyuk from the Penguins is if he is a necessary piece they have to take on in order to get something else they want.

Please do not let my fellow pens fans coerce you into believing that Galchenyuk hasn’t all but played himself out of the NHL. He will get a one year 1 - 2 million dollar “show me” deal this summer. Outside of that, he would be better off pursuing a career in the KHL.

Undoubtedly, one individual in this thread will attempt to contend me on this subject. I refuse to entertain this person because they have shown a propensity to be delusional over this subject.

Glachenyuk is worth zero, and your team will not be acquiring him unless the Penguins have another player or prospect that your team really wants. End of story.

Reactions: MessierII

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
"I refuse to respond to the person who keeps calling me out for being wrong and using actual facts to prove my opinion is wrong, because I want to believe I'm always right without having to defend any of my positions"

It's actually somewhat entertaining to argue with people on here, because even if you're able to completely disprove their argument, they'll just call you "delusional" and act like they won the debate because of that.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Yeah, lets do that, just to further prove you have no idea what you are talking about

Neal:

48GP: 19G 8A 27 Points
-21, 3 min PPTOI, 16:42 Average TOI

Galchenyuk:

37GP: 5G 11A 16 Points
-3, 1:39 PPTOI, 12:23 Average TOI

Galchenyuk has 0.43 PPG average, Neal has 0.56 while playing double the time on PP (1st pp unit vs 2nd for Galchenyuk) and averaging more than 4 min a game more (on 1st line with McJesus, while Galchenyuk is on the 4th line) As I said, put Galchenyuk on 1st unit with McJesus and play him on 1st PP unit, he has more points easily. And just for the hell of it, Neal had 352 points through his 1st 8 seasons, including 2 monstear years playing with Malkin and racking up 80+ and 60+ points. Galchenkyuk for same time frame has 312 points, including this year. You take away 81 point year that Neal had with pens, and he has less points than Galchenyuk. So much for greater player lol.
As if minutes played and points/min raise linearly. What a dumb post.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Ok but WHY ISN’T HE PLAYING with Sid or Geno? Because he can’t hang with those guys, he’s garbage, that’s why he’s on the 4th line. A truly useless player if there ever was one.

you do realize Crosby just has 1 more goal than Galchenyuk right and just came back after missing 28 games i guess

Malkin was out too so was Galchenyuk for a part of the season

Galchenyuk has 1 goal less than Sidney Crosby this year

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

No one said minutes and points/minute raises linearly, but it certainly makes sense to say that Galchenyuk would be producing a **** load more if he was stapled to McDavid's hip on the Oilers top PP unit than how he has been used in Pittsburgh.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
"I refuse to respond to the person who keeps calling me out for being wrong and using actual facts to prove my opinion is wrong, because I want to believe I'm always right without having to defend any of my positions"

It's actually somewhat entertaining to argue with people on here, because even if you're able to completely disprove their argument, they'll just call you "delusional" and act like they won the debate because of that.

this discussion was had on the habs board and it was the same people repeating the same talking points im not sure what Galchenyuk did to them but.......they mad yo

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017

lol, thanks for proving my point bub. If they dont, then why did Neal only put up 19 points last year while he was playing on the 3rd and 4th line getting a lot less minutes per game and 2nd pp unit? Come to think of it, that sound sexactly like Galchenyuk. And would you look at that, Galchenyuk is still putting up more ppg this year playing in the same role Neal did last year. He is sitting at 16 points in 37 games, Neal had 19 in 61. I am pretty certain Galchenyuk will score 3 more points in the remaining 40 games if he stays with Pens and keeps playing 4th line role.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
No one said minutes and points/minute raises linearly, but it certainly makes sense to say that Galchenyuk would be producing a **** load more if he was stapled to McDavid's hip on the Oilers top PP unit than how he has been used in Pittsburgh.
Galchenyuk is good at outmuscling guys in front of the net, winning battles for loose pucks and fighting for rebounds? I have my doubts.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
It would be best to let this thread die. Galchenyuk has no value. There’s not a single team “in the playoff picture” who is going to take a chance adding the guy to their roster.

Could he miraculously turn it around down the road? Anything is possible. As it stands, the only way Galchenyuk is getting moved is as a “throw in”( by the Pens) to a team who really wants something or someone else - enough to take on Galchenyuk too.

There are pens fans who think contending teams are going to be throwing their 3rd round picks at the Penguins to acquire Galchenyuk. That is the level of crazy that Gachenyuks situation with the Pens has drummed up amongst some fans.

Galchenyuk will not be acquired by a contending team. Glachenyuk does not have any sort of value (outside of a 4th liner making 2nd liner money).

End thread/

signed,

A pens fan

Reactions: MessierII

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
lol, thanks for proving my point bub. If they dont, then why did Neal only put up 19 points last year while he was playing on the 3rd and 4th line getting a lot less minutes per game and 2nd pp unit? Come to think of it, that sound sexactly like Galchenyuk. And would you look at that Galchenyuk is still putting up more ppg this year playing in the same role Neal did last year. He is sitting at 16 points in 37 games, Neal had 19 in 61. I am pretty certain Galchenyuk will score 3 more points in the remaining 40 games if he stays with Pens and keeps playing 4th line role.
Last year is irrelevant as Neal has proven this year that it is an outlier not a trend. Maybe Galchenyuk will do the same? Maybe not. The thing is he has never really been a good player. At best he was a one dimension scorer who could put ok numbers in the right situation.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
you do realize Crosby just has 1 more goal than Galchenyuk right and just came back after missing 28 games i guess

Malkin was out too so was Galchenyuk for a part of the season

Galchenyuk has 1 goal less than Sidney Crosby this year

O s*** Crosby is more cooked than we thought?!? What'd you think we could trade him for? Hopefully we could fleece someone before he's a cap dump...

21 points in 18 games is unacceptable. I'm with you bud, let's get this bread!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Galchenyuk is good at outmuscling guys in front of the net, winning battles for loose pucks and fighting for rebounds? I have my doubts.

James Neal is suddenly good at those things? Because I watched him for 4.5 years with Pittsburgh and he didn't show that. He was about as pure of a sniper as you could possibly get.

Reactions: Pens and Flames

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
James Neal is suddenly good at those things? Because I watched him for 4.5 years with Pittsburgh and he didn't show that. He was about as pure of a sniper as you could possibly get.
That’s how he’s scored the bulk of his goals this year. He scored just under half his goals in Pittsburgh on the pp. I know for a fact he wasn’t on the half wall one timing pucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad