The Out of Town Thread XCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
According to their fanbases, both of those guys are the next great superstars in the NHL! The hype for both of them is getting ridiculous.

What's headscratching about this is they weren't even drafted in the same year or in similar spots in different years. One plays in the AHL, one's in Europe. They're completely different types of players. And why the Wings vs the Leafs? Do they still have pent up frustrations from years back?

Geecko

Aug 21, 2012
Toronto won by a big margin against the Ducks. Ottawa is having a good lead at the moment... we managed to score only once. :(

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
ANA got blown out by TOR and is looking at another blowout in OTT tonight. Yet they beat us. :(

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
On a spectrum, Tokarski+Beaulieu is probably even closer to the actual value of that number 1 pick than Price+Subban.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

Habs win tomorrow.

in both scenarios, arguable the best d-man and goalie in the league for a kid who has not even played a game in the nhl... when both teams windows are wide open/just about wide open for a Stanley cup and depend upon no 2 players more than the ones listed.....is it just me or is the sportsnet crew the most idiotic bunch of ****ing bafoons that ever fell out of the ****ing sky....what a gong show...give me back the cbc crew for christs sake.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

just logged into twitter to post on Damien cox's tweet to find that I've already been blocked :laugh: clearly not the first time he was a raging lunatic

ninjagaiden

Oct 1, 2014
is cox that far off? mcdavid is projected to be another crosby like talent, he was set to break records before breaking his hand

as a starting point i don't think it is all that idiotic of a proposal

maybe a counter with 1st for subban/tokarski

i don't know who i would part with first, who is easier to replace?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
is cox that far off? mcdavid is projected to be another crosby like talent, he was set to break records before breaking his hand

If we traded Price and Subban we could say good-bye to any cup aspirations for another 5yrs.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Honestly. What's all this talk of McDavid? Even if you extricate Edmonton's first pick, there's no guarantee it's the first overall. And even if it is, you have a 1/5 chance only of winning the lottery. You'd need to also get Buffalo's pick, assuming they're the bottom 2 teams, and they might not be, to even have less than coin flip odds for McDavid. Statistically, you actually require all top 4 picks to creep over 50% odds. It's absolutely insane.

Those are crappy odds and I would not move Price or Subban for that, never mind both. Cox is a moron, maybe the worst "insider" in the business.

Last edited:

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Habs win tomorrow.

5OQ29NO.gif

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

Yes. Cox is that far off. And I'd wager McDavid won't be even close to Crosby.

The draft can be very random, and no player is a guarantee to become a star at the NHL level. Even if they do, how much time will it take for him to develop exactly? You're trading an established, core piece of the team for a *possible* superstar, most likely 3 or 4 years until he's at a similar level to the piece you traded for him, and that's if he reaches that level to begin with. You're severely postponing your chances at a cup, while pissing away the good years of a lot of your core players, for a very small payoff at the end of it... Which is no guarantee.

Some people around here thought Subban wasn't worth MacKinnon last year. That kind of trade sure would look good today.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
McDavid will be Crosby/Malkin level and may go point per game in his first NHL season.

I would offer Plekanec or Eller, Gallagher or Sekac, Fucale, Beaulieu or Tinordi, and a first ... but only after the lottery was won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad