The Out of Town Thread XCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analyzer*

Brewer got traded for a 3rd. Surely, our dman who are far worse than Brewer will garner a 2nd.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Not sure if anyone has watched Brewer lately but he's a hot mess. He's just big, in fact he's not even much better than Allen.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
10835044_10152831622759462_7435633616993119169_o.jpg

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Don't know if Bosch is coaching tonight for Chicoutimi but it might be the first time a coach is fired during a game :P.

Yeap, fired during the game. So was the GM.

Last edited:

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
@mlbtraderumors: Blue Jays To Acquire Josh Donaldson From Athletics For Brett Lawrie, Others

Jeff Passan @JeffPassan
Full trade: Josh Donaldson to Blue Jays, A's get Brett Lawrie, pitchers Kendall Graveman and Sean Nolin, SS Franklin Barreto. Deal done.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Sidney Crosby: 33 points, 22 games.

Tyler Seguin: 30 points, 23 games (18 goals).

Incredible. What a blunder, seriously.

Habs have been missing a first line centre for years. Nill picked up two in two off-season with the stars.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
@mlbtraderumors: Blue Jays To Acquire Josh Donaldson From Athletics For Brett Lawrie, Others

Jeff Passan @JeffPassan
Full trade: Josh Donaldson to Blue Jays, A's get Brett Lawrie, pitchers Kendall Graveman and Sean Nolin, SS Franklin Barreto. Deal done.

Beane is high on Barreto, but huge gamble in picking up the oft injured Lawrie. Donalson goes from a home park suppressing RHB homers to one that enhances them to the same extent as Cellular Field. Donaldson in that lineup is going to be huge. Anthopoulos, what a GM.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Beane is high on Barreto, but huge gamble in picking up the oft injured Lawrie. Donalson goes from a home park suppressing RHB homers to one that enhances them to the same extent as Cellular Field. Donaldson in that lineup is going to be huge. Anthopoulos, what a GM.

I really like this deal though for Oakland. Case of buy-low sell-high trade for Beane as he always does. Picks up some good youngsters as well. Lawrie's potential has always been very high. As you said, has to stay healthy but big upside for Oakland if it works out.

Samardzija also rumoured to be traded.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Habs have been missing a first line centre for years. Nill picked up two in two off-season with the stars.

You know the way we are here though.

Ovechkin? ROFL WOULDN'T TOUCH THAT WITH TEN FOOT POLE.

Same **** for spezza.

Mind you...kind of sucks they were both divisional opponents, I would've loved either one. Always liked Spez., those who played GM Connected with me know my go to line was Spezza-Kessel combo. I once had Kovalchuk to complete that, my life was complete.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal

What Jim Nill really needed was to get out of under Holland in Detroit, he's a bright hockey mind. He could have ended up in Montreal if the right circumstances had been in place...

Michelangelo

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I really like this deal though for Oakland. Case of buy-low sell-high trade for Beane as he always does. Picks up some good youngsters as well. Lawrie's potential has always been very high. As you said, has to stay healthy but big upside for Oakland if it works out.

Samardzija also rumoured to be traded.

The key for me is they got one of the premier third baseman in the league without giving away one of Pompey, Sanchez or Stroman, arguably their three best young MLB ready players. That's down right miraculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad