The Out of Town Thread part LXIX - All Talk From Around the League Here ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewHabsEra*

Im very glad to see the Sens struggling big time so far this year... The way they treated their captain and the heart and soul of their franchise for so many years make me want to puke..

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
No jvr tonight. Imagine once they get back jvr, clarkson, kulemin, fraser and Mclaren.... Wow...

I'd say the other 29 teams may as well just lay down and hand the cup over to the Leafs right now and cancel the rest of the season. :nod:

And Leaf fans wonder why everyone hates them.. :shakehead

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Is it me or Lapierre's hit, if we can even call that a hit, is not that bad. It's unfortunate since Boyle stumble right at the moment Lappy went's to finish his "check".

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
The hit might not be malicious, but Lappy hit Boyle from behind. I'd say it's definitely suspension worthy.

I don't really care that much if Lappy gets suspended or not but I personally wouldn't give him a suspension. It was not that bad, yeah the injury looked bad but that's just an unfortunate circumstance that Boyle was injured on a relatively weak hit. Boyle was stumbling and his face hit the top part of the board. That's was caused the injury.

What I'm trying to say is that first of all, it wasn't a hard hit, for me it's was not textbook boarding or hit from behind, it's just a guy finishing his check on a guy out of balanced at the last moment and it caused an injury.

Eller boading on Hall was much more dangerous IMO. It was more hard, violent that space between Hall and the board could have caused more damage. Also, it was a perpendicular hit, while Lappiere's hit was not.

getzforfighting*

alright lets be real here, what will happen if i wear a ducks getzlaf jersey to the habs game on the 24th? im actually somewhat worried

getzforfighting*

Nothing at all. We're not Bruins fans.

thats great, im only 21 so i didnt know if i was going to get beer poured on me if they won or whatnot haha. Sitting 10 rows behind price cant wait!

also going to the sharks game on saturday and ill be rooting for the habs that night. hope there is a parros shirt i can snag! praying to see him play

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
Only half of us appreciate him though.

Sad to hear that, Price is my favorite goalie in the league. Sometimes I wish fans would just take a step back and appreciate what they got, and be thankful for it. You never know when Pogge, Gustavsson, and Raycroft with be your tenders.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
alright lets be real here, what will happen if i wear a ducks getzlaf jersey to the habs game on the 24th? im actually somewhat worried

There's nothing to be worried... like at all.

Even if you wear a Bruins jersey, if you don't act like a moron, nothing will happen to you.

void

Jan 5, 2006
thats great, im only 21 so i didnt know if i was going to get beer poured on me if they won or whatnot haha. Sitting 10 rows behind price cant wait!

also going to the sharks game on saturday and ill be rooting for the habs that night. hope there is a parros shirt i can snag! praying to see him play

You really have nothing to worry about. Just relax and enjoy the game!

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec

First of all, the Habs have no rivalry with the Ducks.

And second of all, if there's one Western Conference team I'd like to see win the Stanley Cup, it's the Anaheim Ducks just so I could finally witness Saku Koivu lifting the Cup.

Third of all, Habs fans love Getzlaf, he's the big body centre we've always wanted.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
This thread is a nice companion piece to the "trade Plekanec and Markov for whatever you can get since you can't win with guys over 30!" thread.

If this was a year ago I'd be on that bandwagon immediately, unfortunately Asham looked finished out there last year and it doesn't look like it's getting any better.

I'll take your word for it.
(I wanted the Habs to acquire Asham two or three seasons ago, but we have White to do what younger-Asham used to do... I was just thinking of extra 4th line depth in case of more injuries, but most Hab fans here think we have lots of 4th line depth... I guess I'm getting greedy!).

Last edited:

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
The hit might not be malicious, but Lappy hit Boyle from behind. I'd say it's definitely suspension worthy.
I think it's a double standard to want energy line players to finish their checks while also clamour for their suspension everytime something goes wrong.

Lapierre did not raise his elbows, jump up, charge, use his stick or target Boyle à la Strong Hockey Play. The puck was there, Boyle wasn't even fully turned back, if Lapierre totally let up the entire forum would call him a pansy and if the Blues lost the game he would've been benched and made a scapegoat.

It's a bad injury, an unfortunate development and so on. But if you can't finish your check then what is the point of forechecking? All the defence will do is turtle or spin around to neutralize the forechecker's options and I don't want to see that in hockey.

The main forum showed it's true, reactionary colours yet again today. Lapierre is a rat, Lapierre doesn't deserve a spot in the league, Lapierre this Lapierre that.

Enough - it's a full-contact game played on ice at increasingly faster speeds -- there will be slips and accidents and spills and slides. Skates will cut, players will be boarded, some will even get really hurt. That's the sport we watch.

Seems to me that people can coalesce their bloodlust with their gulty concience every time a player happens to get injured. Lapierre isn't at fault here (and frankly, he wasn't in 2010 when he hit Clowe either) tonight, it was the ice.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
I am so relieved that POS lapierre is not on this team anymore. Seems like he is still the same gutless mouthpiece he always was.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany

If you can take a few hecklers (which may not even happen), you'll be fine unless you're the one stirring ****.

But it doesn't sound like that's what you want. So you might get a bit of fun trash talking at most. Doubt you even get doused with beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad