The Out of Town Thread part LIV - All Talk From Around the League Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
You are far off base here, Bs fans if you ever really payed attention do not wish injuries on another team. Like to see a good hard clean hit, same as you I would suppose. If another team takes a run at one of our guys, we do like to see some payback, same as your fanbase again, I am sure. Emelin broke his stick in Seguins ribs,hence payback. I think the Bs were a little shaken about the Marchand hit, considering the concusion history with this team,Savard,Bergeron,Horton Etc.

This is my favourite part right here :nod:

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
You are far off base here, Bs fans if you ever really payed attention do not wish injuries on another team. Like to see a good hard clean hit, same as you I would suppose. If another team takes a run at one of our guys, we do like to see some payback, same as your fanbase again, I am sure. Emelin broke his stick in Seguins ribs,hence payback. I think the Bs were a little shaken about the Marchand hit, considering the concusion history with this team,Savard,Bergeron,Horton Etc.

LOL you've been a member for what 3 weeks now? You have no idea about your fellow bruins fans on this site :laugh:

hemispheres

Mar 13, 2013
boston,ma.
Unless you are talking about a different incident, there is no way Emelin broke his stick in Seguin's ribs the time Chara went after him. It wasn't even a vicious cross check, maybe it caught Seguin where there are no pads...but it's something you see 15-20 times a game and mostly along the boards and in front of the net. I'm sure Chara himself cross checks opposing players harder than that every game.

So you admit that it was a crosscheck., that did not get called. Not saying it was vicious, actually looked pretty mild but the stick did break. Yes Chara does bend the rule a litle bit at times but don't say your team does not.

Analyzer*

So you admit that it was a crosscheck., that did not get called. Not saying it was vicious, actually looked pretty mild but the stick did break. Yes Chara does bend the rule a litle bit at times but don't say your team does not.

Every team does. Just like every team dives.

To add, sticks break on a pass from time to time.

Reimer did play well last night but he and the leafs suck at the shootout. Fortunately for them that doesn't matter in the playoffs. .

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
But that's literally what half the board thinks will happen to Subban/Emelin if they don't "answer the bell" when they ought to. It's this ******** tough-guy mentality that I hate.

NO ONE SHOULD FIGHT UNLESS THEY WANT TO.
NO ONE SHOULD BE AFRAID OF LOSING THEIR CAREER BECAUSE OF THEIR PLAYSTYLE.

Marchand's a diving, whiny rat but he shouldn't be a victim to a dirty hit - no one should. It just sucks that the Bruins fanbase wishes that upon every single one of our players like it's no big deal.

I agree with 99% of the post but not all of the bruins fanbase is like that. There is a lot of "he'll get whats coming to him for not wanting to fight our goon" talk though.

Not all Bs fans are like that but some are pretty addicted to violence. :laugh:

I'll never understand it but I'd rather not generalize. If you're a guy who likes clean hockey then I won't say a single thing against you as we all want a safer game.

There was no 'payback' with Emelin, was an accident IMO. I hope bruins fans aren't going around yelling "don't poke the bear!!!" as this is really a casualty of a physical game.

I'm not sure Bs fans care about concussions unless it's their team. They call pacioretty 'maxi-pad' because he got injured.

Whatever, end of the day it's a rivalry but there is a difference in culture and many would love for you to believe Bruins play the game the right way and we'd say the opposite. That's how it goes.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

It was borderline in terms of what I saw on the replay. As I said if you watch an NHL game with a fine tooth comb I'm sure you see 15-20 cross checks like that and maybe 2-3 get called in a game. I have seen a ton of much more severe cross checks NOT get called, mostly in front of the net.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
out of bounds ?

Come on man, this B team would put any olympic diving team to shame, and that while constantly whining about other teams diving and whatnot. As their diving leader they also happen to have whiny and dirty player, B. Marchand.

With that said, not only thinking Marchand faked it is not out of bound, but id does make sense.

The guy you're speaking of happen to do everything in his power, when playing, to deserve all the mocking. There's a reason why Chara skated the whole distance to fight Emelin while NONE of the other B on the ice did anything to Volchenkov, not even talking to him. They just waited and went back to their bench once B.M. got up.

Even the other B players, his own teammates, doubted he was hurt afterall. So, don't blame fans for doing the same.

Believe me, I'm no defender of Marchand. The whole league knows about his diving crap. But in this case, when he was clearly injured and LEFT THE GAME, calling him a faker is obviously wrong and, worse, in poor taste.

Each of us draws the line somewhere. I might hate everything about the player but won't gloat over his injury.

I hate seeing payers injured. Because they are people with families....but....knowing Marchand, who lives nearby, I can say he is not a person, he is human filth. So I feel good about the poetic justice this brings about. I have so many experiences that undeline his total narcisism....but I digress. Couldn't have happened to a better nose. Maybe he can get Dr. Recchi to treat him, if he wasn't faking it :thumbu:

I remember your previous post with your specific personal details. It stuck with me. Your personal experiences with Marchand puts you in a different category than any fan - Habs or Bruins - so even though I don't like reading that stuff, I understand where you're coming from.

Most Bruins fans are like you - pretty cool, mature fans who can keep a sports rivalry in perspective. But there's a minority of loudmouthed Boston fans who keep ruining it for the rest of you. Those are the guys who fly their hate proudly and, unfortunately, did gloat over Emelin's injury. It's all there on a thread in Boston's board.

If you're going to play the "Payback" card for Emelin, then be prepared for fans around the league to describe Marchand's concussion the same way. It's not a route any of us should go down, IMO.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Believe me, I'm no defender of Marchand. The whole league knows about his diving crap. But in this case, when he was clearly injured and LEFT THE GAME, calling him a faker is obviously wrong and, worse, in poor taste.

Each of us draws the line somewhere. I might hate everything about the player but won't gloat over his injury.

precautionnary measures for all we know - happens nowadays, he may be hurt, but we have yet to hear from their team what kind of injury he has, while everyone scream concussion, he may very well not have any.

RealCity

Nov 14, 2008
MontREAL
If you look closely you can see Marchand say to the trainer as he was being helped off the ice "I was trying to draw a 5..."

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
precautionnary measures for all we know - happens nowadays, he may be hurt, but we have yet to hear from their team what kind of injury he has, while everyone scream concussion, he may very well not have any.

If he plays tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if it was another 'trying to draw five' Marchand moment. But then again we won't know until Dr.Recchi gives us his word.

Mully

Oct 7, 2008
Halifax, NS
I like posting on other boards because it's the only way to discuss both sides of an issue. The Bruins board represents the other side. Yeah, I dig the privacy here among my fellow Habs fans, but opinions get stale if they're confined to one perspective.

Latest example was the thread on the Bruins board about Emelin's injury, which set a new low with a pile-on of ugly comments by some of their posters. I responded. I'd like to think the point was made and accepted with some grace.

I'd also like to think that level of crap wouldn't fly here, which is why I think the 'faking' comment about Marchand is out of bounds. I hate the player and, by all accounts, dislike the person. But the guy is hurt and shouldn't be mocked.

I for one appreciate your perspective over on the Bruins board. I hope reading this thread made you realize that unacceptable levels of crap fly on both sides of the fence.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I agree with 99% of the post but not all of the bruins fanbase is like that. There is a lot of "he'll get whats coming to him for not wanting to fight our goon" talk though.

Not all Bs fans are like that but some are pretty addicted to violence. :laugh:

I'll never understand it but I'd rather not generalize. If you're a guy who likes clean hockey then I won't say a single thing against you as we all want a safer game.

There was no 'payback' with Emelin, was an accident IMO. I hope bruins fans aren't going around yelling "don't poke the bear!!!" as this is really a casualty of a physical game.

I'm not sure Bs fans care about concussions unless it's their team. They call pacioretty 'maxi-pad' because he got injured.

Whatever, end of the day it's a rivalry but there is a difference in culture and many would love for you to believe Bruins play the game the right way and we'd say the opposite. That's how it goes.

Can I know what you are exactly? It seems 75% of your posts are on the Bruins boards, kissing their fans' *****.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl 13m Sounds like Detroit Red Wings and Jimmy Howard are on the verge of coming to terms on a 6 year deal paying in the range of 5.3 M per #TSN

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Jimmy Howard apparently about to sign a 6 year @ 5.3 M per year deal. LOL.

Detroit has lost its ways.

Price gets 6.5 per year.
Howard gets 5.3 per year.

That's around 80% of Carey Price's salary. Howard is about 80% of the goalie Price is.

I don't see the big deal. That's market value for a #1 goalie.

Nitehowl

Jul 28, 2005
BC Canada
Did anyone see the video of Henrique hitting Kreji in last nights game. Never thought i would say this but it was a dirty hit on a Bruin (but the thought process of those fans? is downright scary on their boards)Dont' think I would feel safe to visit that city with the way they see things. I wonder if they encourage goon squads for the Red Sox and the Celtics(anybody goes near a player...just beat the crap outta them...LOL

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Did anyone see the video of Henrique hitting Kreji in last nights game. Never thought i would say this but it was a dirty hit on a Bruin (but the thought process of those fans? is downright scary on their boards)Dont' think I would feel safe to visit that city with the way they see things. I wonder if they encourage goon squads for the Red Sox and the Celtics(anybody goes near a player...just beat the crap outta them...LOL

Blame the bad ice

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yeah right... :laugh: I'm sure Dr Recchi would agree.

And the Bruins don't dive too right? Just give it up.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad