The Out of Town Thread part LIV - All Talk From Around the League Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Notice how Carlyle's teams are on these lists 3 of the 4 times?

It's the way his system is, the Leafs might get out shot, but they are terrible shots in general. There have only been a handful of games where the Leafs were out-chanced by their opponents.

If you say so. The 07/08, 08/09 Ducks were 16th and 11th in the league. Advanced stat sites only track back to the 07/08 season but judging by the Ducks 06/07 and 05/06 SF-SA from the nhl.com team stats page, they likely ranked even higher during those seasons.

Another stat, Leafs' 10.6 shooting% is the highest of any team dating back to 07/08 (as far as the site tracks). Only 3 teams from 07/08 to 11/12 even cracked 9.25% over a season. Only the 09/10 Capitals cracked 10% (10.39) before this season. This seasons' Leafs at 10.6, Lightning at 10.18 along with those Caps are the only teams to crack 10%.

'Out-chanced' is pure subjectivity. What is a scoring-chance and what isn't?

Nonetheless, my point was more geared towards the Leafs fans' post where he calls the fluky Habs are going downhill and the Leafs are going up.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Maybe some day MTL could be as good as a team that makes the playoffs once a decade in a shortened season!

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
''mild'' concussion for the nose.

Poor guy, how will he find his way to a bowl of fruit loops?

As for the leafs, you can bet that their number 1 priority now (since they have all but locked up 5th and will stay there) is to keep hoping that we drop to 4th and not Boston. Their worst nightmare is the latter scenario and I feel like they really want to play us cuz losing to us would have a well-prepared arsenal of excuses (despite them finishing 2 above us last year).

That last game of the season could decide it all. They have 2 chances directly in their hands to make their dream come true of avoiding Boston. We have to surge for 2nd seed. This should be on the wall and in MT's speeches. Not to avoid the Leafs, but to win the division. It's happened once in farrrrr too long, we need to do it again before they abolish the current system. That and it will cause a massive leaf fan meltdown/hike in diaper sales in the TO area.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Poor guy, how will he find his way to a bowl of fruit loops?

As for the leafs, you can bet that their number 1 priority now (since they have all but locked up 5th and will stay there) is to keep hoping that we drop to 4th and not Boston. Their worst nightmare is the latter scenario and I feel like they really want to play us cuz losing to us would have a well-prepared arsenal of excuses (despite them finishing 2 above us last year).

That last game of the season could decide it all. They have 2 chances directly in their hands to make their dream come true of avoiding Boston. We have to surge for 2nd seed. This should be on the wall and in MT's speeches. Not to avoid the Leafs, but to win the division. It's happened once in farrrrr too long, we need to do it again before they abolish the current system. That and it will cause a massive leaf fan meltdown/hike in diaper sales in the TO area.

Not sure why they'd rather play MTL than a real banged up BOS team missing Bergeron and now Marchand.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Maybe some day MTL could be as good as a team that makes the playoffs once a decade in a shortened season!

The Habs last 20 years is nothing to write home about it, there are better ways to argue than this.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Yes, the 8 playoffs series MTL has played since the lockout is definitely on par with the 0 TOR has played.

Yet both teams have the same number of cups in those years. I say, big deal.

Do you have a ranking system for your favorite 1st round exits? 2nd round?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

maybe only the teams (fans) with more than a single cup in the last 20 should be allowed to say anything...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Like I said, it's extreme. The criticisms in the GDT are extreme. The praise is often extreme as well. He's a good goalie, period. It's not about perfection. It's about consistency.
Well, that was my point wasn't it? So I'm not sure why you disagree with what I'm saying. No matter what the guy does some folks on here will ***** about him.

For Pete's sake we've got a poster named Careycost on here...
They wanted him to play more of a team game and once he started playing that way his ice time increased.
Totally dumb. MT was an idiot for that.

He's done a good job but the way he handled Subban was flat out stupid, ditto with Bergevin. I'm just glad that PK was willing to sign for way less than what he was worth rather than demand a trade. He gambled and won but it could've easily goe the other way and we'd have been so screwed.

Instead it's PK who may get screwed out of the Norris for no reason...

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Well, that was my point wasn't it? So I'm not sure why you disagree with what I'm saying. No matter what the guy does some folks on here will ***** about him.

For Pete's sake we've got a poster named Careycost on here...

It's extreme on BOTH sides. The lovers and the haters.

Danadiens

Apr 20, 2004

So success is counted in ups only?

So Vancouver, San Jose and such have sucked the last 10 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad