The Out of Town Thread Part 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
I added another tweet to the post where the owners say that the reason they fired him was philosophical differences. Otherwise known as Jack Eichel.

Does this bode well for the pipe dreamers of Jack Eichel getting traded?

I vaguely know about Kim Pegula being a wildcard, but don’t know enough about the situation in Buffalo

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Does this bode well for the pipe dreamers of Jack Eichel getting traded?

I vaguely know about Kim Pegula being a wildcard, but don’t know enough about the situation in Buffalo

Sabres won't be trading Eichel this off season. Wait another year with no playoffs and Eichel might want out. If they continue to stall to move up the standings, more frustration will set in.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Agreed, I was thinking more next offseason if Buffalo struggles again. A man can hope :naughty:

If Eichel is on the trade market, we have the youth to trade for him but not player/player. It's possible he demands a trade but they would need to have a very bad season again (or worse). If I'm hoping, Kotkaniemi takes a big step forward next season and is a 60-70 pts center at 20. That's more probable than the Habs lading Eichel in a trade. Just an example of the odds between the two

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With new management in place that will obviously look to make changes, and changes that will be more about the NHL team and not so much the prospect pipeline, they should be a team to target for trades.

Two guys I'd target, and will most likely not be traded, are Reinhart and Ristolainen.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
That ROR trade had to be the start of his downfall. Terrible return for a guy who won the Stanley Cup and the Conn Smythe his first year after the trade.

That Scandella trade, and what MB was able to get in return about a month later, also made Botterill look bad.

"Ryan O'Reilly really isn't much different from Plekanec!"
"Ryan Poehling alone is worth more than Ryan O'Reilly!"
"Bergevin was right not to overpay"

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Never change HFBoards. Ne-Ver Change! The same story keeps playing over and over again and nobody learns a single thing.

"Hossa isn't worth giving up on Higgins"
"I would not give up both Kostitsyns for both Sedins"
"Galchenyuk is worth much more than Ryan Johansen"

... just wait till people say they wouldn't trade Kotkaniemi for Brady Tkachuk.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Sabres won't be trading Eichel this off season. Wait another year with no playoffs and Eichel might want out. If they continue to stall to move up the standings, more frustration will set in.
Agreed. I think this buys them another year and they will be out shopping in force. I'd expect them to try to add as many players like Hall, Dadanov etc. to make them competitive. Another year of not making the playoffs and Eichel will almost certainly ask for a trade. Eichel seems like he's had enough and will go along with the understanding that they need some serious overhauling to the lineup.

Buffalo continues to be a trainwreck and this change only furthers that belief.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Looks like the Jason Botterill parody song from earlier this season worked out great for frustrated Sabre fans today. We need someone to hurry up and write a Marc Bergevin song now. :)

Reactions: Per Sjoblom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad