The Out of Town Thread Part 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Looks like the Jason Botterill parody song from earlier this season worked out great for frustrated Sabre fans today. We need someone to hurry up and write a Marc Bergevin song now. :)

If I was the commissioner, I'd rather let the Sabres participate to the PO (instead of the Canadiens)....

Don't tell me why :sarcasm:

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
"Ryan O'Reilly really isn't much different from Plekanec!"
"Ryan Poehling alone is worth more than Ryan O'Reilly!"
"Bergevin was right not to overpay"

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Never change HFBoards. Ne-Ver Change! The same story keeps playing over and over again and nobody learns a single thing.

"Hossa isn't worth giving up on Higgins"
"I would not give up both Kostitsyns for both Sedins"
"Galchenyuk is worth much more than Ryan Johansen"

... just wait till people say they wouldn't trade Kotkaniemi for Brady Tkachuk.
Lack of goaltending has been the downfall of the a Sabres. Getting consistent NHL caliber goaltending on a nightly basis is not as easy as most fans make it out to be it seems...

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Ullmark was good for them this year
An NHL season is a marathon - team either needs 2-goalies who perform at the same consistent level splitting duties, or one workhorse goalie who performs consistently. Ullmark had Price numbers in 25-fewer games, and Hutton wasn’t close to his partners numbers. Therein lies the goaltending issue with Sabres that’s been haunting them since Miller left.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Sabres need to implement a Jets strategy - get players from the Niagara-Erie area or upstate Western NY, or they are doomed (similar to Winter-peg focusing their core heavily on Minny boys). Teams who are considered second tier material by players due to geographic location need to bring in players who have a vested interest in being there & not simply going through the motions for a paycheck...same applies for Habs.

I realize many think it’s Molson & MBs fault for not being able to lure named UFAs but Mtl is very much in the same conundrum as Buf player location preference-wise speaking. Habs should own their backyard amateur drafting wise, something they’ve repeatedly sucked at for over a generation.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
5 questions for Rangers in Stanley Cup Qualifiers

1)Who will be their starting goalie?
2)Can Mika Zibanejad pick up where he left off?
3)Will Artemi Panarin and Ryan Strome regain their chemistry?
4)Can their penalty kill help them?
5)Will their history of success against the Hurricanes matter?

5 questions for Canadiens in Stanley Cup Qualifiers.

1) Will Price steal the series despite the talent mismatch and Habs only qualifying in the worst way possible.
2) ?
3) ??
4) ???
5) ????

Saved us all some time...:sarcasm::sarcasm:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I know many people keep saying "Oh this player won't stay with that team if they keep sucking" and it rarely happens, but Jack Eichel is most definitely a guy that will do that imo.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I know many people keep saying "Oh this player won't stay with that team if they keep sucking" and it rarely happens, but Jack Eichel is most definitely a guy that will do that imo.
He seems like a whiney, sniviling type player. But who knows, maybe behind the scenes is even more of a gong show than what we see on TSN, which is bad enough.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The fans in Buffalo will applaud Eichel for actually caring about more than just his paycheck, I have a good friend that is a Sabres fan and he loves what he is seeing from JE.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ok. So Buffalo is losing money and cutting costs everywhere.
Who on Buffalo is worthy of an offer sheet?

Olofsson the only one I would target but I don't believe in offer sheets so I don't see it working.

But even in trade they don't have much of anything I would be interested in since no way are you getting Eichel or Dahlin. I am interested in their goalie Ukko-Pecca but with Primeau there's not a big need there since both would need to be starters in Laval next year. Unless you think someone like Mittelstdat is worth trading for (not eligible for offer sheet) or Tage Thompson but perhaps others would be interested depending on the price.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
5 questions for Canadiens in Stanley Cup Qualifiers.

1) Will Price steal the series despite the talent mismatch and Habs only qualifying in the worst way possible.
2) ?
3) ??
4) ???
5) ????

Saved us all some time...:sarcasm::sarcasm:
The most important question : 1)-2)-3)-4)-5)Anything can happen once you reach the playoffs?

Reactions: KotkaSpicy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad