The Out of Town Thread Part 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
Were they good? Apart from Peter Forsberg I wasn't following the NHL very much when they played.

Very big physical line, they were all power fowards and they had chemistry. Best line in the NHL for a while.

in 1994-1995 (lockout year), Lindros had 70 pts in 46 gp (he won the Hart and Lester), Renberg had 57 pts in 47 gp and Leclair 49 pts in 37 gp. Leclair became a 50 goal scorer after that on that line.

Lindros : 6'4 240 lbs
Leclair : 6'3 233 lbs
Renberg : 6'2 235 lbs

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Very big physical line, they were all power fowards and they had chemistry. Best line in the NHL for a while.

in 1994-1995 (lockout year), Lindros had 70 pts in 46 gp (he won the Hart and Lester), Renberg had 57 pts in 47 gp and Leclair 49 pts in 37 gp. Leclair became a 50 goal scorer after that on that line.

Lindros : 6'4 240 lbs
Leclair : 6'3 233 lbs
Renberg : 6'2 235 lbs

Btw Renberg is a color guy or expert commentator for Swedish TV these days, very calming as well with his northern accent.

Reactions: Zam Boni and Toene

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
If Eichel is available go get him, don't chicken out like with ROR. With 20/20 I would of traded the KK pick or Phoeling which ever it was they wanted.

BUF made a bad trade with ROR. I bet they make another bone head move if they trade Eichel as well.

Domi+1st+KK I am in. At this point I am in on moving anything except for a non-lottery protected 1st round pick.

But everything else is on the table. Prospects/Picks whatever too much time saying oh its to much cost blah blah blah. I remember when Phoeling was too good to give up yet ROR wins a conn smyth.

I give Buffalo whatever they want. The odds of the habs drafting a player and developing them before trading them away that is half as good as Eichel are probably as good as me winning Le Grande Vie.

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
If Eichel is available go get him, don't chicken out like with ROR. With 20/20 I would of traded the KK pick or Phoeling which ever it was they wanted.

BUF made a bad trade with ROR. I bet they make another bone head move if they trade Eichel as well.

Domi+1st+KK I am in. At this point I am in on moving anything except for a non-lottery protected 1st round pick.

But everything else is on the table. Prospects/Picks whatever too much time saying oh its to much cost blah blah blah. I remember when Phoeling was too good to give up yet ROR wins a conn smyth.

I give Buffalo whatever they want. The odds of the habs drafting a player and developing them before trading them away that is half as good as Eichel are probably as good as me winning Le Grande Vie.
I don't think Buffalo will trade Eichel. But if they do, why wouldn't you give up a non-lottery protected 1st? Chances of winning the lottery are slim, and chances of the player turning out better than Eichel are even slimmer. If that's what the Sabres want, give it to them.

Reactions: jaffy27

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

FFFFF**** YEEEAAAHHH!!!

Getting close to going back to the best jerseys in the league.. just need these to come back:

upload_2020-5-29_20-1-54.png

upload_2020-5-29_20-2-11.png

upload_2020-5-29_20-3-18.png

upload_2020-5-29_20-3-43.png

upload_2020-5-29_20-4-0.png

Reactions: Toene

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Anaheim-Montreal-2019.jpg

I loved it last year when Anaheim wore these when they played Montreal last year. One, because I love that logo and those colors. And two, because the visiting team wore dark and home team wore white.

Yes it's about time the NHL went back to the home team wearing their whites at home and their dark's on the road again.

Reactions: angusyoung

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He’s gone through a lockout, a shortened season and now this. That’s 129 games he could have played in. Based off his goals per game rate he missed out on 79 goals.
Hard to argue against him being the best goal scorer of all time. He is damn consistent. And he might've hit 60 this year if we'd had a full season. That is unreal.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

toss suzuki in too, so we're back at square 1 with eichel and no one else. You don't trade for eichel unless you steal him. Giving up all the assets we've acquired in last 3 years is not smart, imo. giving up domi/KK/ and a player like Rossi could be very bad

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I don't think Buffalo will trade Eichel. But if they do, why wouldn't you give up a non-lottery protected 1st? Chances of winning the lottery are slim, and chances of the player turning out better than Eichel are even slimmer. If that's what the Sabres want, give it to them.

Just not a fan of giving up a potential 1st overall pick for Eichel. Too much chance for back fire there. Don't get me wrong I would give up our 8th this year, or even if we won the 2nd or 3rd I would highly consider it. But if the habs traded for Eichel and ended up still being bad enough to win a lottery it wouldn't sit well for me. And with habs luck that pick ends up being the next Crosby or something.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
toss suzuki in too, so we're back at square 1 with eichel and no one else. You don't trade for eichel unless you steal him. Giving up all the assets we've acquired in last 3 years is not smart, imo. giving up domi/KK/ and a player like Rossi could be very bad

Same argument was said about ROR. And Blues won a cup with him as Smythe winner and Buf got almost nothing in return and Bergland went back to Europe.

Spent the last 8 years being conservative watching all our great prospects evaporate into nothing. Didn't work. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again. I remember people arguing we can't give up Phoeling because he scored a hat trick against the leafs and ROR isn't a 1st line center. Don't fall too in love with prospects they will just break your heart. We are still waiting for AG to become our number 1 70 point center. Big Mac, Scherback, Beau, Tinordi all guys we couldn't trade because they will become good one day.

You have a shot at a true elite Center you throw the pieces out there. In the end Buffalo probably will make a bad deal and it won't even cost us that much real talent, just assumed talent. But FLA probably trades for him a bunch of scraps and a decent prospect and then we can as fans whine about how there are all these great centers in our divison and we got nothing.

Reactions: beh3moth

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Same argument was said about ROR. And Blues won a cup with him as Smythe winner and Buf got almost nothing in return and Bergland went back to Europe.

Spent the last 8 years being conservative watching all our great prospects evaporate into nothing. Didn't work. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again. I remember people arguing we can't give up Phoeling because he scored a hat trick against the leafs and ROR isn't a 1st line center. Don't fall too in love with prospects they will just break your heart. We are still waiting for AG to become our number 1 70 point center. Big Mac, Scherback, Beau, Tinordi all guys we couldn't trade because they will become good one day.

You have a shot at a true elite Center you throw the pieces out there. In the end Buffalo probably will make a bad deal and it won't even cost us that much real talent, just assumed talent. But FLA probably trades for him a bunch of scraps and a decent prospect and then we can as fans whine about how there are all these great centers in our divison and we got nothing.
i agree if a good deal could be made, but it's still a lot of assets. st louis gave up nothing like that for ROR - and yes, eichel is better....

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
yes, played 5 years in the OHL. Someone will likely pick him up as he's a blueliner with size and he's crushed the ECHL.

He cleared waivers. Do you think he's worth taking a shot at? Still only 22. So still young enough to develop. He played in Maine where Montreal does have their eye on with their own players. And he was only in his second season as a pro.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He cleared waivers. Do you think he's worth taking a shot at? Still only 22. So still young enough to develop. He played in Maine where Montreal does have their eye on with their own players. And he was only in his second season as a pro.

I wouldn't think so for us since we are knee deep in D prospects and don't have the room unless it's for the ECHL. But I could see some team light on D prospects taking a shot on him for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad