The Out of Town Thread LXXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Em Ancien

Sexy 2nd Rounder
Mar 12, 2008
Mount Real Life
If he heard it on the radio, I wouldn't expect him to necessarily get the name right. But there's still no official confirmation which is what is the biggest question mark.

Players With Fewer Than Three Years of Professional Experience.

Any Player with fewer than the required years of professional experience set forth in Section 10.2 shall have no right to Free Agency except as provided in this section. Upon expiration of such a Player's SPC, the Club to whom the Player was last under SPC shall be entitled to make that Player a Qualifying Offer under the terms and conditions set forth in Section 10.2(a)(ii) above. A Club which makes this Qualifying Offer will have the exclusive right to negotiate with any such Player. In the event no such Qualifying Offer is made, the Player shall immediately become an Unrestricted Free Agent pursuant to Section 10.2(a)(iv)
above.
There we go. Guess case is closed.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
If he heard it on the radio, I wouldn't expect him to necessarily get the name right. But there's still no official confirmation which is what is the biggest question mark.

The CBA itself is confirmation that the twitter dude is talking out of his ass.

The two players are exempt from offer sheets.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Would have make PERFECT sense to offer sheet Smith while we're still negotiating with Subban....:shakehead

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Good terms for Ottawa, but man did this team regress since their mini Stanley Cup against Montreal last season. I hope they continue to be a joke for a long time.

Everything went right for them that season. All of their question marks over-achieved. Reminds me kind of like this past year's Habs but Habs have some better pieces. Don't think Ottawa will be as bad this year as they were last year.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Everything went right for them that season. All of their question marks over-achieved. Reminds me kind of like this past year's Habs but Habs have some better pieces. Don't think Ottawa will be as bad this year as they were last year.

They turned Spezza into Legwand and Hemsky into Chiasson. I'll say there's a pretty good chance Ottawa will be one of the bottom teams in the league this year, but you never know.

They certainly didn't improve.

Would have make PERFECT sense to offer sheet Smith while we're still negotiating with Subban....:shakehead

That could have been very ugly.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Eh most of our question marks underachieved aside from Price. Everyone had a down year except for Pacioretty, and even he was criticized a fair bit. All of our UFAs from last season massively disappointed and Diaz regressed into playing himself out of the NHL.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Is Craig Anderson still the no.1 goalie over there?

Their defense looks like ****.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Eh most of our question marks underachieved aside from Price. Everyone had a down year except for Pacioretty, and even he was criticized a fair bit. All of our UFAs from last season massively disappointed and Diaz regressed into playing himself out of the NHL.

You're right. A lot of players had bad seasons last year. But Max had a career year and Price was excellent. Throw in Vanek. It is worrying, though..the amount of players who had their worst seasons last year. IMO, it has a lot to do with the coaching. Habs lucked out a lot of wins last year. I just don't see that happening again if the majority of the players have career low totals and we are in the bottom 5 on 5 relying on Price to bail us out every night. Look at the numbers and it's :amazed: how the Habs ended up doing so well last year.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
The A's are just awesome

I'm hoping it's their year. AL East being quite average, Tigers showed signs of weakness (still a very good team). Toughest competition comes from the West with Seattle and LAA.

Sucks they'll probably lose at least one of Forst and Zaidi to a team in search of a GM. Padres would be smart to pickup either one of them. Guessing there will be some changes in Arizona too sooner rather than later.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
and e. kane in winnipeg basically didn't deny. i wouldn't gut my team or part with even one core player for this guy. if he can't fit there, doubt he'd fit here. media would eat him alive and fans would turn on him very quickly

Last edited:

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Do Toews and Kane think they're better than Crosby?

Do they think they deserve to be the highest paid players in the league?

So selfish. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Do Toews and Kane think they're better than Crosby?

Do they think they deserve to be the highest paid players in the league?

So selfish.

el oh el

not selfish at all. You ask for the moon and you bargain down from there. Not their fault their team gave in to them at such a high number. Are the owners selfish for not taking a pay cut themselves for the good of the business?

I for one enjoy seeing players get paid as much as they want. Good for Patrick & Johnathan as human beings. Let them count cash all day if they want to, it isn't my money lol.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
el oh el

not selfish at all. You ask for the moon and you bargain down from there. Not their fault their team gave in to them at such a high number. Are the owners selfish for not taking a pay cut themselves for the good of the business?

I for one enjoy seeing players get paid as much as they want. Good for Patrick & Johnathan as human beings. Let them count cash all day if they want to, it isn't my money lol.
Comments like these make you go :facepalm:

Apples and oranges.

I forgot the :sarcasm: smiley. I don't think Toews and Kane are selfish (well I do think they are but I also think everyone is and don't have a problem with people looking out for their own self interest) and I don't think there's any problem with the contracts.

I was satirizing the whining about Subban's rumoured 8.5M making him the highest paid defenseman in the league ignoring Weber and Suter get 14M and 12M. Same thing here, Kane and Toews are now the OMG HIGHEST PAID when Crosby gets 12M. Not reasonable to expect Toews and Kane to take 4M less than Crosby just because they can't add BS years to the end of a contract anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad