Status
Not open for further replies.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
EDIT: delete

I think Noob was being sarcastic

That said i am tired of Crosby being used as the measuring stick and golden boy of the league. Like really tired. Yes he is good and one of the best but he is not Wayne Gretzky or Mario Lemieux. The gap between him and the other top guys like Stamkos is not very wide at all.

Hell people will call me nuts but if i'm going into the playoffs i consider taking Kane over Crosby.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Crosby's contract was signed in a different cba and he is so superstitious he chose to go with 8.7.

His loss

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Yeah, I only figured out Noob616 was sarcastic after he added the smiley. I haven't been following the Subban hoopla closely, so I missed it at first.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I think Noob was being sarcastic

That said i am tired of Crosby being used as the measuring stick and golden boy of the league. Like really tired. Yes he is good and one of the best but he is not Wayne Gretzky or Mario Lemieux. The gap between him and the other top guys like Stamkos is not very wide at all.

Hell people will call me nuts but if i'm going into the playoffs i consider taking Kane over Crosby.

You are nuts, look at the supporting casts. Hockey is not basketball, you need a whole team to win - especially now. Two of the best centers in the world will not carry a team through a **** defence and goalie....this isn't the 80's anymore

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
You are nuts, look at the supporting casts. Hockey is not basketball, you need a whole team to win - especially now. Two of the best centers in the world will not carry a team through a **** defence and goalie....this isn't the 80's anymore

That's fine. I am not expecting my position to be popular at all. But to me when it come to the playoffs...well it's all about the playoffs. Forget the regular season numbers , i want guys who always being it and are clutch as hell. Crosby may have the better stats but Kane has been a better big game player than him , at least in the NHL imho.

And i know that supporting cast is important but i'm not just talking about winning the cup. I'm talking about the guy you want more when things are on the line. Patrick Kane has been absolutely stellar in those situations. Drew Doughty also come to mind

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
LOL! Kane and Toews contracts = our top two lines (albeit before Gallagher gets a raise)
Patches - 4.5
Desharnais - 3.5
Gallagher - .87
Paranteau - 4
Plekanec - 5
Galchenyuk - 3.225

= 21.095

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Wow, Lightning fans on the main boards have gotten seriously arrogant about their team :laugh:

Don't like this team. They're just a bunch of similar players, who don't complete each others particularly well.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Wow, Lightning fans on the main boards have gotten seriously arrogant about their team :laugh:

Don't like this team. They're just a bunch of similar players, who don't complete each others particularly well.

I think you're selling them short. They have a Top 3 player in the league and a Top 3 goalie last year. They now have the depth up front and on defence after this summer. It's a scary team.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I think you're selling them short. They have a Top 3 player in the league and a Top 3 goalie last year. They now have the depth up front and on defence after this summer. It's a scary team.

Add to this a certain Jonathan Drouin. The Bolts will be solid.

I'm not saying they'll bust for sure. But seeing comparisons to Chicago and teams as such makes me think they're getting overrated quite a bit. I personally don't see Drouin having the impact of a MacKinnon in his future, I don't see Bishop repeating next season, and I see quite a couple of guys on that roster who might have a sophomore slump.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

Not sure they are that scary.

Stamkos is an excellent player, but he lost one of the best playmakers in hockey in St.Louis, so it will affect his production.

Bishop had a great year but he was 27, is it a fluke or is he really a top 10 goalie...jury is very much out on that. They also got great production from some pretty unknown rookies...will they maintain it, are they Conacher II or will they have a sophomore slump?

TB might stick as a top 4-5 team in the conference, but they could also slip to 7-8-9-10 range.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Reading their fans makes me wish they crash and burn ala Sabres 2011-2012 after their "great" offseason. So much arrogance.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I'm sorry... but that's ridiculous :laugh:
Yeah we got swept, did not have our Vezina nominated goal-tender and had a horrible back up. Had a disallowed goal, where in 29 other arenas would of counted. Sorry but excuses will be made, and these excuses are legit.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
@DanyAllStar15: Yeah, Hollywood Heatley is in the ****in house can't wait to stroll around on boardwalks in my flip flops and push kids off skateboards

Heatley signed with the Ducks :laugh:

bigtimehockeyfan999*

:laugh:

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
LOL! Kane and Toews contracts = our top two lines (albeit before Gallagher gets a raise)
Patches - 4.5
Desharnais - 3.5
Gallagher - .87
Paranteau - 4
Plekanec - 5
Galchenyuk - 3.225

= 21.095

6 players for a total of 0 cups

pine*

Patches - 4.5
Desharnais - 3.5
Gallagher - .87
Paranteau - 4
Plekanec - 5
Galchenyuk - 3.225

= 21.095

4 cups vs 0.

145 playoff points vs 72 playoff points since 2009-10

Last edited by a moderator:

Em Ancien

Sexy 2nd Rounder
Mar 12, 2008
Mount Real Life
4 cups vs 0.

145 playoff points vs 72 playoff points since 2009-10

Regardless of their merit (and they have been key contributors to championship runs), the problem with both of them getting such a high cap hit is it becomes extremely difficult to build a team around them when about 2/7th of next year's cap is going to be tied in 2 players.

They will be around 70M$ in used cap next season and have only 15 players signed. That's a whole line and bottom pair to sign on about 4M$ with 0 wiggle room. I really hope for them the cap keeps increasing at a good rate because they're going to be dealing a lot of their vets.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
The Hawks have destroyed their depth...both guys are good players, but 10.5M per for 8 yrs...:shakehead

The only thing I would be worried about if I signed these two is injuries..........and if they have healthy careers..........they are both worth it!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia