WC: 2024 Team USA

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Better last period and I think they will improve game by game. Pretty bad coaching at the end but it is what it is.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
I’m encouraged by that game. We spent the whole game overlapping each other…that will clean up. We’re a threat.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
The Worlds are one thing, but we can’t be bringing soft and one-dimensional players like Caufield, Zegras, Gaudreau to a best on best international tournament. Hoping we learn that lesson. We have way too much talent now to be bringing guys that are so easy to play against

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Early loss is not the worst thing to happen to a North American team at international tourneys. Swedish players are more used to the ice and the style of it all.

The USA only has to get better as a team, figure out how to work together a little more each game. Lots of talent.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Gaudreau struggling.

Hopefully the powerplay can get it going after some more games. It's generally tough for a USA PP on the big ice. The subtle stuff makes a big difference.

The Worlds are one thing, but we can’t be bringing soft and one-dimensional players like Caufield, Zegras, Gaudreau to a best on best international tournament. Hoping we learn that lesson. We have way too much talent now to be bringing guys that are so easy to play against
Caufield would need to score 50 next season to really even have a shot. There are better players for his hypothetical role and he's not a down roster kind of player.

Same as others, but he jumps out as a guy who doesn't fit into Olympics in any way. Crazy to think how that "Class of '01 Births" isn't that young anymore, they turn 23 during the 2024 calendar year, blink and they'll be 27 and at their peaks. The time sure flies...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
From what I saw, Farabee was flying- find more ways to get him out there. He looked good almost every damn shift.

Gaudreau - Nelson - Boldy will start to click- they had a lot of chances, it will start to fall into place. Boldy was arguably the best forward out there. Gaudreau tries to do too much at times and that is when he is at his worst. He really had a rough last 5 minutes or so for the team.

Zegras looked invisible, shell of himself. I hope its simply rust but this kid needs a boost in confidence. He is way too good to look that disinterested out there.

Caufield- hit the f***ing net! - If he hits the net on 2-3 of those shots, this game might be in OT...

The defense was fine. Sanderson took a few bumps but hopefully he is ok - Vlasic and Petry played well - transition game shouldn't be an issue, sustaining in zone pressure was the issue today which is shocking with some of the ground and pound forwards we have here.

Jones and Werenski were solid out there, clear #1 pair. Luke Hughes is really f***ing fast....

Goaltending was mediocre, we all knew that going in. Lyon isn't going to win us any games and hopefully he doesn't lose us any. Not sure if Nedlejovic gets the net to see what he can do tomorrow...

4th line did all the little things expected, they played well, drew some penalties, didn't cost us anything.

Smith looked good, him and Leonard rotating on that 3rd line made some sense. I bet they get some more ice time tomorrow being back to back...

Frustrating first game because the talent is there. This team should be in the final 4 when it is all said and done. Regroup and clean some of this shit up which will happen,.

Last edited:

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I’m pretty biased but Boldy looked great, keep getting him the puck and good things will happen. Liked the efforts all around, but some missed assignments and leaky goaltending were the difference. Was not a fan of the Tkachuk - Zegras - Caufield line, they really struggled to get and maintain any kind of possession 5V5. They may do well against the weaker teams but I have concerns about that group in medal rounds right out of the gate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad