The Out of Town Thread CVIII - Free Agency Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I feel like drugs are common enough that it won't affect the team at all. A lot of people use recreational drugs, including athletes.

Exactly.... And do we know if he is even addicted? If he is, then he needs to get help. If not, then its a non issue as far as the team is concerned, as long as he is professional when he needs to be.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I mock the Habs obsession with character, but while I think Montreal goes too far in trying to crush anyone with a personality, it's nice not having to root for Patrick Kane.

Kane is already one of the greatest American born players of all time, but even before this allegation, we all knew he was a dirtbag at best. Shame to see someone so skilled could be so unlikable, even if he is not guilty in this one case. But the more I hear about this case...

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
CMO4jcmUMAAOlvg.jpg

look at that DISGUSTING logo at the bottom

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I mock the Habs obsession with character, but while I think Montreal goes too far in trying to crush anyone with a personality, it's nice not having to root for Patrick Kane.

Kane is already one of the greatest American born players of all time, but even before this allegation, we all knew he was a dirtbag at best. Shame to see someone so skilled could be so unlikable, even if he is not guilty in this one case. But the more I hear about this case...

I'm quite surprised that there hasn't even been a generic and evasive public statement from Kane's side.

And the girl went straight for a criminal investigation (instead of waiting and going for a civil lawsuit).

If he did it and is promptly punished, a pretty sick event could at least yield some positives. With all the #RapedNeverReported thing going on, could create some momentum.

And yes, regardless of the outcome on that one, the US education system badly needs a better Sex Ed curriculum.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

I like Kane specifically when he wears his playoff beard.
His likeness to Cornelius of the original "Planet of the Apes" is uncanny. :popcorn:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
NFL NBA NHL needs to shed it's "thug" image.

Alleged Wife beaters, narcotics possession, cross border drug smuggling and rape claims.

:shakehead

It's not much different than most walks of life, rich people get a lot more slack because they are famous and can afford expensive lawyers.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
With the Leafs just throwing huge sums of money at people I hope so. I swear they will be the reason if there is ever a Salary Cap for staff.
Boy, are they assembling one of the craziest off ice staff's ever...there is one pile of people going to give Shanny their advice over there.....insane...:popcorn:

Too many chef's in the kitchen??

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Boy, are they assembling one of the craziest off ice staff's ever...there is one pile of people going to give Shanny their advice over there.....insane...:popcorn:

Too many chef's in the kitchen??

More importantly too many outdated and out of touch chiefs.

Lemaire and Lou have not been great for the Devils lately don't see why they should do any better in Toronto.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Did they forget to colour in the maple leafs?

Nah they washed it using Javex to remove all the dirt ;)

The Leafs logo switches from dark blue to white depending upon which colour jersey they are wearing.

Home dark uniform uses the white logo while away uses the dark blue logo. Reason: white on white or blue on blue wouldn't work.

Last edited:

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
More importantly too many outdated and out of touch chiefs.

Lemaire and Lou have not been great for the Devils lately don't see why they should do any better in Toronto.

You guys should start reading some of that stuff, they are only temporary "transition" people. Lamoriello is there for his organizational skills, setting up the structure, some of which he copied from Vince Lombardi ... not for choosing or day to day running of players. Just a mentor for Kyle Dubas.

Instead of just laughing at them like a blind man at the foe, I am reading to see what they are doing and they are building some hell of an organization.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad