The Out of Town Thread CVIII - Free Agency Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Re: is Bieksa better than Emelin...

Not today that's for sure, I live in Vancouver and catch 10-15 games, 3-5 per year live and Bieksa has really lost a step. Dude is very popular in this market and has been a warrior but he's a #5/6 these days on a team with any depth at D.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
MXD said:
You cannot have Galchenyuk OR Frolik (preferably Frolik) if you have Saad.

Well Habs have 6.7M in cap, if Eller is included it leaves MTL with 10.2M. Gilbert getting moved would leave Habs with 13.0M for Saad, Galchenyuk, Frolik/UFA RW. It's possible, would be easier if someone is crazy enough to trade for a Desharnais+Gilbert package but that likely is negative value to most teams.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
That return for Saad was huge, especially when you consider he is an RFA and may want 5.5 plus.

We don't even have a Dano in our system. Dano produced pretty well as a 20 YO in the NHL and is going into his 4th season of pro hockey next year. If Chicago was looking for a young roster player with upside, we don't have any comparables.

All the deals so far, other than Hamilton, have been brutal. I'm glad we aren't willing to give up a young NHL ready talent (do we have any?) for 55 point / 6MM per year players.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'd like Korpikoski. I mean, totally a bottom-6er, but a good one.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Can you really blame the guy though ? :naughty:

If anything, I have more problems with Richards allegedly not disclosing the situation to the Kings than with the situation itself.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
OxyContin?
Really?

It is a seriously addictive narcotic and a controlled substance, so you must have a prescription with you when crossing the border with it.

If you mix it with alcohol you get a high - sort of heroin-lite - but it is also a lethal combination. Derek Boogaard died from mixing oxycodone and alcohol.

If Richards is mixed up with that crap, I actually feel sorry for him. It took Chris Nilan down for a lot of years too. Obviously, there's more to Richards story, and who knows how much is going to come out about it, but I hope he really does have a legal prescription.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Nobody talking about the T.J. Oshie for Yakupov deal some guy was talking about on twitter? Was it already proved false?

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
So I guess LA had a reason to terminate Richards' contract. And here I was saying they had no reason. Oxycodone is a hell of a drug.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
So I guess LA had a reason to terminate Richards' contract. And here I was saying they had no reason. Oxycodone is a hell of a drug.

hard to blame a guy for being addicted to pain killers especially after the abuse he put his body through for that very same team, the kind of abuse that was a big part of bringing 2 cups.

but then again, its just a piss-poor excuse by lombardi to rid himself of a contract so **** him

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
hard to blame a guy for being addicted to pain killers especially after the abuse he put his body through for that very same team, the kind of abuse that was a big part of bringing 2 cups.

but then again, its just a piss-poor excuse by lombardi to rid himself of a contract so **** him

Yup, beating your wife and carrying a ****load of mdma/cocaine is okay in Lombardi's books.

I guess that's what happens when you're on a good contract

HabsDieHard*

The NHLPA is almost certainly going to appeal this and it's hardly a lock that it holds up either.

Dagenais Bar Down*

I'm glad we aren't willing to give up a young NHL ready talent (do we have any?) for 55 point / 6MM per year players.

Saad is 2 years older than Dano for gods sakes. Didn't realize Saad hit his ceiling at the age of 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad