The Out of Town - Losing to your own zamboni driver - Thread Part 41

Status
Not open for further replies.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
This Zamboni embarrassment could serve as a motivational tool for both the Leafs and Canes thus eliminating those ridiculously low chances that the Habs have in making the playoffs.

I mean what's more embarrassing too: losing 4 to one of the worst teams in the league or losing a game that was already being lost?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
This Zamboni embarrassment could serve as a motivational tool for both the Leafs and Canes thus eliminating those ridiculously low chances that the Habs have in making the playoffs.

I mean what's more embarrassing too: losing 4 to one of the worst teams in the league or losing a game that was already being lost?
Or it could crush Leafs morale with Toronto fans & media already on suicide watch, pressure on Leafs players will only ramp up, which isn’t a good thing for a team that lacks defensive DNA makeup

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I heard a rumor that a Zamboni driver may have come in and played goal in last nights Canes/Leafs game but I'm not sure which team he played for.

2GjT3Vu.gif

:)

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
I must admit I was still a bit salty with how the Canes management acted arrogant with the entire offer sheet story.

But last night (Car vs Tor) was one of the game I enjoyed the most since a few years.

And now they are selling Aryes tshirts on their online proshop, saying he will receive royalties and they will give some to a kidney foundation too. This is awesome.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Canes are selling Ayres #90 shirts on their website.

David Ayres will get royalties, an amount going to the kidney foundation (he had a kidney transplant years ago).

The description from Carolina Pro Shop:

““Zamboni driver by day, emergency goaltender by night” David Ayres earned First Star honors and saved the day for the Canes in Toronto! Grab your t-shirt jersey to support the Canes’ newest legend!”

Carolina Hurricanes selling David Ayres shirts after improbable win

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Canes are selling Ayers #90 shirts on their website.

David Ayers will get royalties, an amount going to the kidney foundation (he had a kidney transplant years ago).

Carolina Hurricanes selling David Ayres shirts after improbable win

Good on the Canes. Such a great story.

I just read an article about last night on NHL.com and the best part for me was he was seen leaving the arena carrying a case of beer and his equipment inside a Toronto Marlies bag. How great is that. What a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad