The Out of Town - Losing to your own zamboni driver - Thread Part 41

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Rangers pushing for 17th overall

Yup... Goes to show that a competent GM can match & surpass MB's efforts even when intentionally focusing on building for the future.

Thanks for further highlighting the incompetence of our management.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
while our playoff hope are still minimal, i have to admit i am starting to want it just to have that over the leafs super built championship caliber team.
Even though , unlike the great MB, i do believe once you are in, nothing will happen.

Just the Leafs not making the playoffs would be enough for me to feel good in the summer despite our bad season

Reactions: angusyoung

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Anyone knows who is our emergency guy at Centre Bell?

It could be Karel St-Laurent, who the Habs invite from time to time to fill in for practice when they give Price a rest. But I don't know.

Someone asked Chantal Machabée if Marc Denis would be the emergency goalie at the Bell Center. She said there was a time he was, but he is no longer on the list.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
8309CE48-9615-4052-B1C5-D6805FD8A0CA.jpeg

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Move the team from Mtl to Houston...then see what happens. Guaranteed Cup contender within 2-summers

Location of the team matters little.

Bad management is bad management, no matter the tax or language or climate considerations.

Over the past 5-10yrs...

Raptors >>>> Knicks
Patriots >>>>> Cowboys
Liverpool >>>> any Italian club
Bruins >>>> Stars

Building a winner starts from leadership. Period. Until that is taken care of, all the other factors are mute points.

Reactions: DAChampion

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Lost in all of this Maple Leafs fiasco is Florida’s inability to muster any relevancy. They flat out don’t get anything done ever. Huge contract to Bob, career season by Huberdeau, injury free Barkov, great support cast in Hoffman, Dadonov, Trochek. First overall pick Ekblad, veteran Stralman... new HOF coach.

Yet, still same old Panthers. How are they not above the Leafs!?

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Just curious why I'm seeing "shit" all over the place. I got in some serious shit for using that word before, what gives?

They loosened up the rules concerning the filter. That particular word is no longer filtered. It's ok as long as you're not using it to flame other posters.

Reactions: DAChampion

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Yes, they are truly the Maple Laffs! Instead of being the sieve that he should have been, he had the audacity to stop eight shots after giving up two straight goals. He wanted a claim to fame moment rather than show that he was a homer true and true.

Sheldon Keefe’s message once again fell on deaf ears as his forwards refused to blast away at the emergency goalie. It was agonizing for Keefe when that power play chance produced zero shots on net. Should the Laffs missed the playoffs by two points, they ought to fire this Zamboni driver/practice goalie.

I have to give the Canes forward credit for their tenacious forechecking and backchecking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->