The Out of Town - Losing to your own zamboni driver - Thread Part 41

Status
Not open for further replies.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Would this Ayres/Carolina story still feel quite as big as it is if this happened against, let's say, Ottawa or Buffalo?

I feel like it being against the Leafs has magnified it in a way that Scott Foster vs. Winnipeg was not.

Reactions: DAChampion

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Would this Ayres/Carolina story still feel quite as big as it is if this happened against, let's say, Ottawa or Buffalo?

I feel like it being against the Leafs has magnified it in a way that Scott Foster vs. Winnipeg was not.

It is I think, although Ayres played longer than Foster and he is also an employee of Marlies, which I think definitely plays a role.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
It is I think, although Ayres played longer than Foster and he is also an employee of Marlies, which I think definitely plays a role.

That Winnipeg team was better across the board than TOR (that was their West Finals year), but WPG was already locked into 2nd place in their division and the Leafs are fighting like hell just to get in.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I just realized that this guy is going to have to go in tomorrow and flood the ice for them at practice.

I suddenly started laughing hysterically. When my wife asked me what happened, I told her and she started laughing too.

How the hell do you lose to your own zamboni driver???
Well, It all starts with the Shanaplan.......this team are a bunch of clowns, none bigger then Dumbass

Reactions: angusyoung

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It is interesting that the Islanders are better without Tavares, and the Leafs are worse with him.

Perhaps he's actually not that great a player in spite of his offensive numbers.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Well, It all starts with the Shanaplan.......this team are a bunch of clowns, none bigger then Dumbass

upload_2020-2-23_9-25-57.jpeg

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Awesome! Was he really their Zamboni driver?

He's the Zamboni Driver for the Marlies' arena. He's also taken part at practices for the Leafs and the Marlies when they decide to give their goalies a rest for practice.

This is why he had a Marlies mask for the game and had blue pants. He was wearing is Marlies gear he wears at the Leafs/Marlies practices.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
He's the Zamboni Driver for the Marlies' arena. He's also taken part at practices for the Leafs and the Marlies when they decide to give their goalies a rest for practice.

This is why he had a Marlies mask for the game and had blue pants. He was wearing is Marlies gear he wears at the Leafs/Marlies practices.
How the heck did they sign him? LMAO one of the best hockey stories ever! Seriously!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How the heck did they sign him? LMAO one of the best hockey stories ever! Seriously!

They didn't sign him. There are emergency goalies at every NHL game should the rare occasion come up where both of a team's goalies get injured (as was the case last light for Carolina). He is there to play for either team if they need it.

It was the case a few years ago in Chicago with Scott Foster.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
They didn't sign him. There are emergency goalies at every NHL game should the rare occasion come up where both of a team's goalies get injured (as was the case last light for Carolina). He is there to play for either team if they need it.
I may get a Canes jersey with “Dave” tackled on it! Beautiful story!

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

It was the case a few years ago in Chicago with Scott Foster.

Anyone knows who is our emergency guy at Centre Bell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad