Blue Jays Discussion: The other trade deadline passeth. You know, the complicated one. (Mod warning post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
KindlyWillingBallpython-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: kb

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Assuming we're not making the playoffs next year, who are some post-hype prospects of former prospects we could get for cheap and give an opportunity to a la Justin Smoak?

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Assuming we're not making the playoffs next year, who are some post-hype prospects of former prospects we could get for cheap and give an opportunity to a la Justin Smoak?

AJ Reed
Steven Matz
Jorge Mateo
Brad Zimmer
David Dahl

Come to mind. Fwiw, McKinney, Teoscar, Grichuk, Paulino, Perez all qualify for that category.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Our high performance dept really is ****. It's obvious that Marcus is not well. Totally incompetent

A trend I have noticed is they seem to let players decide to play. To illustrate, JD can barely throw but they still let him play. Sanchez closes a zipper on his finger and rips it, he plays. Today, it might not be a blister issue though.

If you exclude the corpse of Tulo and JD, who didn't follow the high performance department, Jays positional players have been pretty healthy.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
AJ Reed
Steven Matz
Jorge Mateo
Brad Zimmer
David Dahl

Come to mind. Fwiw, McKinney, Teoscar, Grichuk, Paulino, Perez all qualify for that category.

Drury also qualifies technically.

I disagree on Perez though since he hasn't really been hyped in any sense.

I can def see Zimmer. I really like Reed and Dahl too. He might have reclaimed some of his hype but Pederson in LA is another guy, as well as Smith from the Mets. Still have to look more into it.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I like how it’s Atkins’ fault for everything. Stroman, you suck! Damnit Atkins why rush him? Damnit Atkins why let Stroman dictate when he wants to come back?! Damnit Atkins why are our players getting injured? f*** off. Donaldson went with his own homeopathic route this off season and came to work with a dead arm and dead calf. Stroman came to work with a new arm angle. Sometimes players have giant egos. Shocking I know. And Donaldson and Stroman have 2 of the biggest in the game. Maybe it’s time we really question whether or not Stroman is really going to become a number 1. Or even a solid number 2 at this point. All talent arm doesn’t mean shit if you’ve got your head in the clouds and think you’re shit don’t stink. Atkins really can’t win. Had he moved Donaldson in the offseason people would have been out with pitchforks. Those same people are now wondering why he didn’t. Some fans are just negative and want to blame management or coaching or ownership for everything. Meanwhile players are tweeting out about how awesome they are and which hottie they’re banging and can do no wrong. Atkins has made some questionable moves but all gms have. But he’s done a lot more good than bad with what he was left with (aging, overpaid vets past their prime with nothing available on the farm to help).

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
That's literally Stroman avoiding making an excuse, even though he has an obvious one.

Reactions: canucksfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

I love that he uses "read between the lines" as a means of basically trying to say he's blaming the blister so he can get some eyeballs, but also have plausible deniability so that if Stroman came after him for insinuating that the blister is an issue he can say "but I didn't say that, brah"

That's like ****ty smarmfest tabloid journalism 101.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->