OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I am shocked - shocked - to not see a Kick Six reference in there. But then again, they were using a Bama fan as their sales target...
It was done this offseason so they used the most recent games as references. I loved the “You’ll be home for Christmas” being sung to the Ole Miss fan. Also “No one beats Kentucky 32 years in a row” was pure genius. The “Alabama fan” is the main guy in most of these skits.

Here he is as Arkansas begging his mom to let him play football this season.

Reactions: adsfan and Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It was done this offseason so they used the most recent games as references. I loved the “You’ll be home for Christmas” being sung to the Ole Miss fan. Also “No one beats Kentucky 32 years in a row” was pure genius. The “Alabama fan” is the main guy in most of these skits.

...Somehow I'd gotten it into my mind that it was "recent", and then I take a look and find out it was SIX YEARS AGO. :scared:

I'm too young to be having senior moments. :(

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Wow Vols In OT. Even if they win this looks terrible. These guys are going to be lucky to win 3.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Dear Tennessee fans,

I lived with 40 years of this kind of crap.

You dont get used to it.

Dont worry you'll still beat UK.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Wow Vols just lost to BYU in OT.

It's not just that they lost in OT.

They gave up a 64 yard pass play with 22 seconds remaining while trying to protect a lead.

That's definitely 1990s Kentucky level fail.

Reactions: Adz

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Dear Tennessee fans,

I lived with 40 years of this kind of crap.

You dont get used to it.

Dont worry you'll still beat UK.
I don’t think any other SEC fans fell sorry for the Vols given how much they used to run up the score on everyone else. Their Blackhawks/Red Wings level of obnoxious fans has dwindled drastically now.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
IMHO football is on a slow decline period. It’s one of the highest declining high school sports, with some districts having to go to 6 on 6 football. It’s not bad here yet but I see more and more star players going baseball over football, like Sonny Gray did.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
The Browns might actually have a winning season this year. They have 12-win talent but it might take them 3 games to stop kicking themselves in the head.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

This is what Bret Bulimia did to the Arkansas program.

On behalf of the state of Wisconsin, I want to say "sorry". Thanks for taking him off of our hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad