The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Wasnt watching. Did they actually go for 2 or was it a muffed snap that they tried to convert?

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Vrabel lost this game. They have a bye next week so this will be two weeks of dumb to talk about.

Guys is getting roasted right now for either going for the two point conversion, twice, or the play that was called. The pro two point crowd favored running plays instead of two failed passes.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Vrabel let his team down today. Inexcusable. He needs to realize he's a coach now.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Also those receivers man. Taylor and Davis both let Mariota down on the same drive. Could have been in a position to be kicking a field goal to win it if not for those two ridiculous drops.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Gotta admire the testies of going for 2. But why do it and not go for it on 4th down more often than kicking a million FG’s

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Like the call to go for it. Not the play call. The running game got better as the game went on, Lewis, Henry, and Mariota all had success running, with Henry's TD being as easy as they come.

Definitely some hindsight here, but I don't see why you couldn't punch it in there for the W.

Reactions: triggrman

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Yeah, I have no problem with going for the win, it was just the play chosen. Had the Chargers gotten the ball first Rivers had been pretty good at getting the ball down the field. They could have easily gotten a touchdown and game over.

Reactions: triggrman

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Even though his stats Suck I am impressed with Mariota this season his Wide Receivers are just historically awful. The number of dropped passes are insane. Mariota seems to have fixed the pick 6 and fumbling issue he had.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Fans of bad NFL teams are gonna be hilarious next season when Tua will be draft eligible (if he leaves). I'm not saying he will or won't be good but it's still gonna be funny to see how much fans lose their minds over him, whether it's positive or negative.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Fans of bad NFL teams are gonna be hilarious next season when Tua will be draft eligible (if he leaves). I'm not saying he will or won't be good but it's still gonna be funny to see how much fans lose their minds over him, whether it's positive or negative.
I am sure there will be a lot of “Tank for Tua” signs in NFL stadiums next year.

Reactions: Drake744

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky managed to win a game in the manner that they have lost so very many over the course of my lifetime. I can still remember a game against Tulane from my youth when Kentuck committed two consecutive pass interference penalties and lost on an untimed play.

Strange times we are living in..

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Damn, David Price actually did it. He was unreal. Good for him and Mookie.
He silenced the haters this October!!

Dave Roberts has to be completely committed to the analytics people by pulling 2 pitchers that were dominating just because of pitch count. He wasted 2 of the best back to back pitching performances in recent history, Walker Beuhler and Rich Hill had absolute gems working.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
He silenced the haters this October!!

Dave Roberts has to be completely committed to the analytics people by pulling 2 pitchers that were dominating just because of pitch count. He wasted 2 of the best back to back pitching performances in recent history, Walker Beuhler and Rich Hill had absolute gems working.
Roberts and Friedman can GTFO. Pulls Hill to put in another lefty (who then walks the guy!). Repeatedly using Madsen when he clearly didn't have it. Repeatedly trying to use Jansen in a two-inning role when he's shown he can't shoulder that load in the playoffs (he can't even be relied on to close a single inning stretch). Dodgers had two relievers who were actually effective, in Urias and Baez, and barely used them. The lineup shenanigans to follow the "fancy stats." The entire batting order having no plan at the plate but to "swing for the fences." I don't wonder why I can't watch this crap except for in the World Series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad