Status
Not open for further replies.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
The Olympics are Golden for dad jokes
“How do they get those horses in the pool for water polo”
“Where do you find a Handball Racquet?”
“Why don’t they feed that team more often they keep calling them Hungary?”
Hey now, I know plenty of dads who can make bad jokes without sounding like idiot.

Jul 12, 2007
Lol, looks like they won’t win another one for another 100 years.
Nationals just as bad with the demolition of their team.

Jul 12, 2007
So now the Dodgers have a rotation of Urias, Kershaw, Buehler, Bauer, Price, and Scherzer. They really need 1 or 2 more SP.
And now they have Trea Turner and nowhere to play him. Unless they bench one of Seager, Bellinger, Mookie, Taylor, etc.
Haven’t seen a fully purchased championship like this since George the Boss was still kicking.

Reactions: PredsV82

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Wow, no Mets $ for Rocker. Hard pass. Looks like they think he’s hiding something medical from them.

Wonder where the truth lies. Mets say medical's are a concern. Rocker's camp says independent doctors show no issues.

Jul 12, 2007
Ahh, so the Didgeridoos weren’t done with their pitching staff.

They signed Cole Hamels. Apparently his arm fell off 2 years ago, but he’s throwing really well again.

Maybe they’ve invented something new, a staff of seven pitchers, all of them the ace. Greinke wants in on this too.

Well, they also got Duffy from KC, so it’s at least 8 in the rotation !

Last edited:

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
"Vanderbilt is a 21½-point favorite against ETSU"

upload_2021-9-5_7-18-38.png

"The ETSU football team chalked up one of the biggest upsets of the first week of college football with the Buccaneers taking down Vanderbilt 23-3 Saturday night at Vanderbilt Stadium."

Thanks from an ETSU graduate, it's a good morning in the Johnson City area.

Reactions: LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
What the f***? Kentucky isnt hapless like Vandy. Kentucky is competitive in football and oh by the way a national power in basketball.

If UT wasn’t such a good bball school now one might argue that maybe they should actually get moved out instead of Kentucky.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
People forget that sports are more than just football and basketball. Vandy sucks at football and hasnt been good at basketball in years but they have what, 2 national titles in baseball now?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
"Vanderbilt is a 21½-point favorite against ETSU"

View attachment 463748

"The ETSU football team chalked up one of the biggest upsets of the first week of college football with the Buccaneers taking down Vanderbilt 23-3 Saturday night at Vanderbilt Stadium."

Thanks from an ETSU graduate, it's a good morning in the Johnson City area.
Okay, I'm a Vanderbilt "fan"--I cared enough to find it and watch on my phone. UTK is always first because I'm an alum but I'm a TN school fan overall and BFF is VU fan. But if it's two TN teams I just go with my heart and by the end of the first my heart was with ETSU. So honestly, this was pretty fun to watch. Your coach used to be a coach on UTK back when we were good (late 90's), hadn't thought about him in years. I can tell you from sad experience that one must never underestimate an underdog. It was one of the smaller directional Carolina teams that taught the Vols a hard lesson (want to say Western Carolina), and we almost lost to Akron one year. Brigham Young also kicked our butts. All "surprise" losses.

That taunting penalty was crap. Should have been 27-3.

Edit: Just for you FF.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Until Vandy makes exceptions for athletes it's never going to be good in football. You may get a year or two where they are ok but it won't last long. Those type of student athletes have several options to chose from.

You also gotta be willing to chunk a ton of money at it too. I don't think that's a booster issue but the school not wanting to use the money for athletics.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I never cared about ETSU football, they even went without a team for quite a few years. Their basket ball was really good in the early 90's which was fun. I even got to be at the '92 playoff game in Atlanta when we beat Arizona in the first round. That was so much fun, I got to sit in a corporate box with just 3 friends, we had a refrigerator full of beer during an event that alcohol was not sold to fans, having row after row of Arizona fans just in front of us with beer sitting on our counter irritated some of them to our extra pleasure, especially as they filed out past us enjoying our celebratory beverages.

Reactions: Adz

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Until Vandy makes exceptions for athletes it's never going to be good in football. You may get a year or two where they are ok but it won't last long. Those type of student athletes have several options to chose from.

You also gotta be willing to chunk a ton of money at it too. I don't think that's a booster issue but the school not wanting to use the money for athletics.

Agree. Outsider point of view says it's a vicious cycle. VU -- do you throw money at a program where many fans don't show up til halftime and then leave before the end? I'm sure the university encourages donors to give to other programs -- and from both viewpoints why not use the money somewhere it's valued?

One thing about UTK is that there is always interest. Neyland and the Strip on Cumberland is its own little city on home game days and that means money for the city and school. Football is part of the culture. Even during these, the bad years, there are fans. People donate money to the football program in an effort to bring back the glory years because we had them. GPA/Character is valued, but only insofar as it moves the program forward. If your suspension keeps UT from getting a win, you are a persona non grata til it's over and you can score again.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I've heard it discussed by insiders that Vandy donors are mostly people who do not care about athletics and the board of directors represent that when approving budgets. It just is what it is, everyone involved with that program knows that 3-4 wins is the annual expectation and making bowl games are the rare exception when everything goes just right.

Of course, going 0-8 is a rare exception too and got Derek Mason fired. As the head coach, you don't have the high pressure situation of having to win the division and league every year, but you can't embarrass the school either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad