OT: The Other Sports Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
After a very strong first set, Bouchard drops the second set 6-1. So now we're off to the third and final set. Whoever wins this one, wins the championship.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Genie was off to a really bad start to the 3rd set. She was down 4-1. She makes it 4-3. Tig wins the next one to make it 5-3. Bouchard wins two in a row to tie it.

But Tig wins the next one to make it 6-5. Bouchard needs to win this one to push it to a tie-break.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Bouchard loses in the final.

Genie had her ups and downs. But she battled back and pushed Tig to the end. Great job by her this tournament.

Debbie Downer here

but did Bouchard get any real competition in that tournament? I see that she beat a 35yo Kuznetsova but anyone else?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Debbie Downer here

but did Bouchard get any real competition in that tournament? I see that she beat a 35yo Kuznetsova but anyone else?

I didn't watch all week. I only watched today's match. Although I followed her progress since the Quarter-Finals.

She obviously didn't face the elite of the tennis world here. But she wasn't even ranked. She got in as a Wild Card. And she played 7 matches in 7 days. She had to go through two rounds of qualification before officially entering the first round of the tournament.

Here is hoping it could get her going a bit. Because the talent is there. It's just her focus hasn't been 100% on tennis the last few years.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Looks like it'll be another season where Davante Adams is litterally the only guy Rodgers has any trust in on the entire packers offense! He better not get injured again or things will be f***ed.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
No wonder Vegas had the Ravens as the favourite win it all. That offence looks sick.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Arguably the best QB in the entire league right now for my money. He doesn't have the best arm but nobody had bigger game breaking abilities.
I'll take Mahomes as my #1, but Jackson's close. He just needs to prove it in the playoffs this season.

EDIT: Only 9/10 for 159y so far :help:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Might be the worst team in the NFL if they don't improve on their week one performance.
There aren't going to be many teams that beat the Bills this season, I don't think. NYJ got manhandled, but that was to be expected.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Kamara is having a great game.

I'm one of his biggest doubters, but he's bringing it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad