OT: The Other Sports Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Tuned out of the Williams/Azarenka match to watch some NHL.

Azarenka ended up winning the second set 6-3. So now they're in the third and final set. Serena seems to have injured her ankle and having it taped up right now. Azarenka is up 1-0 in the final set.

Reactions: HelloBellyvo

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Not looking good for Serena...at the moment

At last year's final against Bianca, Andreescu was up 5-1 in the final set. Serena was able to make the comeback and tie it 5-5. Bianca ended up winning the next two games to win it 7-5.

Serena is one of the few who can mount a comeback. Although I also don't see her coming back to win this one. Azarenka is up 5-2 now.

Reactions: HelloBellyvo

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
At last year's final against Bianca, Andreescu was up 5-1 in the final set. Serena was able to make the comeback and tie it 5-5. Bianca ended up winning the next two games to win it 7-5.

Serena is one of the few who can mount a comeback. Although I also don't see her coming back to win this one. Azarenka is up 5-2 now.
You're right regarding last year's open when Serena tied the stet but there wasn't a crowd cheering for her this year. I wonder if that made a difference this year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Genie Bouchard is off to the semifinals in the Istanbul Cup.

In the US Open, Zverev beat Busta in one semifinal. Busta won the first two sets. But Zverev won three in a row to win the match. Right now, the other men's semifinal between Medvedev and Thiem is being played. Thiem won the first two sets, but Medvedev is up 4-1 right now in the third set.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
There are a lot of sports I only watch "when it counts", such as the MLB World Series, the NFL playoffs (and even then, haven't watched a lot of football in the last years), UEFA Euro/FIFA World Cup, but I always had a hard time watching basketball. I did watch a bit of the Raptors journey to glory last year, and tonight I watched the end of their game 7 against the Celtics. Usually I hate the end of NBA games that just drags endlessly at the end of the 4th quarter, but tonight I actually liked the show (even if it was foul after foul). Hey, maybe I could watch some basketball next season!

Edit: One of my cats was sitting on my lap hypnotized by the Raptors game!

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Someone can explain me how to like to watch WWE? Im in quarantine cause of covid. I had time to kill after the games islanders/bolts. Thats just awkward to watch. The only word who came in my mind when i was watching this is fake/fake/fake again. Lol. If people can vote for trump, people may watch this circus. Probably they are the same people. I don’t know. Im just trying to put my brain off during WWE and im not able

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You guys need to adjust your diets. :laugh:

I did. Thanks to @dinodebino , I've stopped buying Almond milk. He mentioned in a post that he got off of it after checking the list of ingredients and opted instead for skim milk. I checked the list too and couldn't figure out most of what was in it, so I moved on to lactose free milk.

Does this qualify as an adjustment? :sarcasm:

Reactions: sandviper

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Genie Bouchard won her semifinal match and is off to the Istanbul Cup Final. Obviously she's not facing the game's best as most of them either opted out or decided to compete at the US Open.

But it's still good to see her have success because even in these lower tournaments, she was struggling against "lower" competition.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Boston eliminated Toronto, again, in a different sport this time. :laugh:

Man, as if I didn’t hate the Bruins enough... I grew a strong dislike for the Celtics.

Frustrating game to watch... felt like the Raptors lost the game more than Boston winning it. Credit to the Celtics since they capitalized on every mistake we made.

Reactions: Runner77

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Man, as if I didn’t hate the Bruins enough... I grew a strong dislike for the Celtics.

Frustrating game to watch... felt like the Raptors lost the game more than Boston winning it. Credit to the Celtics since they capitalized on every mistake we made.
Gonna be though for Raptors going forward without a go to guy. Hopefully they can attract a free agent because they still have a solid foundation, they just need that cherry on top they had last year.

Reactions: Runner77

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Gonna be though for Raptors going forward without a go to guy. Hopefully they can attract a free agent because they still have a solid foundation, they just need that cherry on top they had last year.

Agreed. I know some people were hoping Siakam would be that guy but he has too many holes in his game and lacks basketball IQ. On the radio today, I liked this take; When Kwahi was here, he was Batman and Siakam was Robin. It’s ok to be Robin, but you need a Batman, which this team doesn’t have.

They are a hard working and resilient team, but that can only take you so far. Elite talent wins games. Sounds like a hockey team we cheer for...

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Agreed. I know some people were hoping Siakam would be that guy but he has too many holes in his game and lacks basketball IQ. On the radio today, I liked this take; When Kwahi was here, he was Batman and Siakam was Robin. It’s ok to be Robin, but you need a Batman, which this team doesn’t have.

They are a hard working and resilient team, but that can only take you so far. Elite talent wins games. Sounds like a hockey team we cheer for...
I agree, Siakam is a solid player but he's not that guy.

Reactions: sandviper

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Great start by Genie Bouchard in the Istanbul Cup Final. She won the first set 6-2. One more set and she wins the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad