OT: The Other Sports Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Anyone surprised that Genie Bouchard playing much better now that covid restrictions have reduced the social life part of her career

Last edited:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
The Jays are getting tattooed by NYY for the third game in a row. The Yanks have hit like a bazillion HRs in this 3 game series.

EDIT: 18 HRs by NYY so far which is already an MLB record for any 3 game series in history.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Shapovalov off to the Quarter-Finals of the Italian Open after winning his match today.

He will take on Grigor Dimitrov next.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Wow! Nadal lost to Schwartzman in two straight sets.

So Shapovalov will face Schwartzman in the semis.

The other semifinal is Djokovic vs. Ruud. A non-seeded player from Norway.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Shapovalov will face Schwartzman at 1PM today. Djokovic is taking on Ruud right now. Djoko won the first set 7-5. They are in the second set right now, and as I write this, Djokovic is leading it 3-2.

Also, the French Open is set to begin next week. Andreescu officially pulls out of the event. She has a knee injury and also due to the pandemic, she says that she hasn't been able to get into proper shape since her training was limited.

It also sucks because one of my favorites, Naomi Osaka, won't participate either.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Djokovic is off to the final.

It was nice to see that they had a limited amount of fans in the stands today. I believe for the semi-finals and finals of both the men's and women's, they allow fans. Even at a limited amount, it made a big difference regarding the atmosphere of the match.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Djokovic is off to the final.

It was nice to see that they had a limited amount of fans in the stands today. I believe for the semi-finals and finals of both the men's and women's, they allow fans. Even at a limited amount, it made a big difference regarding the atmosphere of the match.
While I would tend to agree, for whatever reason I've gotten over the no fans thing in sport way quicker than I ever expected. I hardly ever think about it/notice it anymore. I guess I'm just weird !

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
While I would tend to agree, for whatever reason I've gotten over the no fans thing in sport way quicker than I ever expected. I hardly ever think about it/notice it anymore. I guess I'm just weird !

Same here. I think sports have done a great job with the no-fans experience. Because the quality of play hasn't suffered because of it. But having fans (a limited amount and with masks) today at the Djokovic match, it did feel a lot more like a live match. Authentic reactions to certain plays, shots, rallies. The "ohs" and the "ahs" and the clapping and cheering after, it was good to see it.

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
It's impressive that he Jets were terrible for the last few years (as opposed to being mediocre for a while before). Got high picks, and then really regressed a ton this year.

Adam Gase is the Michel Therrien of football.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Shapovalov loses the first set 6-4. He was down 4-1 and was close to mounting a comeback. But he ends up losing it in the end.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Shapovalov wins the second set 7-5. He forces a third and final set.

I hope Shapo will be good to continue. A trainer was working on his hamstring during the break between the two sets.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What a match this Shapovalov/Schwartzman match is. They are off to a tie-break to decide who wins and advances.

Edit: Shapovalov loses. But this was an absolutely amazing match. Shapovalov is sooo much fun to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: HelloBellyvo

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I was too young to really care about baseball in 1994. I saw a few Expos teams come close, but were never able to make it. I had just started following the Padres in 2005 and 2006 when they made the playoffs and lost to St. Louis both years.

The 2020 San Diego Padres are the best baseball team I have ever been a fan of. And today they clinched a berth in the playoffs. I could not be happier, and more excited about this team! GO PADRES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad