OT: The Other Sports Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Thiem wins the Men's US Open.

Zverev was up 2 sets to none. Then Thiem won the next two sets to force a 5th set. And in the 5th set, they went to a tie-break. And Thiem wins it in the end.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Cam Newton with an encouraging start as a Patriot.

Pats defense still look amazing with 3 interceptions and only 11 points allowed.

Reactions: OldCraig71

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
Neither wanted to win this. I don't know who played worse.
You're right. It was painful to sit through. The quality of tennis was really lacking for a match at this level. Maybe no fans played a role. The only positive is someone new won other than the big 3.

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
I didn't watch all week. I only watched today's match. Although I followed her progress since the Quarter-Finals.

She obviously didn't face the elite of the tennis world here. But she wasn't even ranked. She got in as a Wild Card. And she played 7 matches in 7 days. She had to go through two rounds of qualification before officially entering the first round of the tournament.

Here is hoping it could get her going a bit. Because the talent is there. It's just her focus hasn't been 100% on tennis the last few years.
Because of this tournament, Genie got a wild card into the French. Go genie...hang tough!

Reactions: Adam Michaels

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
ESPN MNF coverage is somehow worse than last year's one.

Also, Jones still sucks when it comes to ball protection.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
The butt-fumble isn't as embarrassing as what the NYG OL is doing right now. :(

Both NY teams are pretty bad, but I think the Giants have more talent. The Jets, also, still have Adam Gase.

But Pittsburgh does have 3 sacks and 11 tackles for losses. Barkley at 6 yards after 15 carries is horrible. You’re right that line has been really bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodKiwi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad