OT: The Other Sports Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
Felix out as well. Only Shapovalov is left. He'll take on Busta, who went through due to Djokovic being disqualified.
Felix needs a new coach. He wasn't prepared for Thiem's heavy shots. I was so disappointed. I was sure he'd do better. Not necessarily win but able to show his great talent . His coach shld have better prepared him.Bah!

Reactions: Adam Michaels

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Felix out as well. Only Shapovalov is left. He'll take on Busta, who went through due to Djokovic being disqualified.

Shapo is the most fun to watch out of the Canadian crop from the men's side.

Raonic's game is predicated on his serve. There's nothing really inspiring about his game.

FAA doesn't seem to have a killer instinct.

Posposil has charisma but his talent level is a notch below these guys.

Shapo on the other hand leaves it all out on the court, and he has alot of flare to his game. He reminds me of Monfils in the sense that he is a bit of a showman, but not in a bad way.

We will see how things unfold, but if you were to ask me today which of these guys is most likely to win a slam at some point, its Shapo. However, if FAA can put it together, he can be even more dangerous than Shapo himself.

Certainly, FAA is the one that comes with more hype than Shapo, but right now Shapo is just the better player IMO.

Reactions: HelloBellyvo

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Felix needs a new coach. He wasn't prepared for Thiem's heavy shots. I was so disappointed. I was sure he'd do better. Not necessarily win but able to show his great talent . His coach shld have better prepared him.Bah!

Come on he's 20 (he just turned 20 a few weeks ago). Thiem at that age was no match for the top 4 either. He was still a junior-major age (u20) at the beginning of this calendar year. Most players his age are playing ITF or challenger tournaments. He's the youngest player in the top 30. The closest 20 and under player to him is Jannik Sinner ranked 71st.

Last edited:

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
Come on he's 20 (he just turned 20 a few weeks ago). Thiem at that age was no match for the top 4 either. He was still a junior-major age (u20) at the beginning of this calendar year. Most players his age are playing ITF or challenger tournaments. He's the youngest player in the top 30. The closest 20 and under player to him is Jannik Sinner ranked 71st.
I agree with what you say but if his coach had better prepared his score would have been more respectable.
even Thiem was a bit surprised that he wasn't more challenged. Anyways I'm sure he'll get to the top .......with another coach.

Reactions: Adriatic

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I agree with what you say but if his coach had better prepared his score would have been more respectable.
even Thiem was a bit surprised that he wasn't more challenged. Anyways I'm sure he'll get to the top .......with another coach.
Thiem was also a lot fitter. The match was basically over after the first set.

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
I just read that the 2021 Olympics would be the games that conquered Covid..or maybe I'm paraphrasing..Anyone else read this?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Freaking disaster so far. Offence completely out of sync and not the defence is breaking down. Need to regroup for the second half.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I just read that the 2021 Olympics would be the games that conquered Covid..or maybe I'm paraphrasing..Anyone else read this?

Of course they're going to say that.

All the countries' scientists and lab techs that are usually invested on perfecting PEDs and steroids to make them undetectable at the Olympics, now have their talents diverted and focused upon resolving the virus. :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
uv3VdX6.jpg

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Shapovalov loses the second set 6-5.

Edit: forgot that you can't win a set 6-5. So Shapovalov tied it 6-6 and are now in a tie break.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Shapovalov has lost the third set in a tie break like he lost the second one.

But he won the 4th set 6-0 and has forced a 5th and final set. Busta gave up once Shapo went up 4-0. Almost like he was trying to get this set over with to start the 5th one quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad