OT: The other sports thread (NFL, MLB, NBA....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
If Tulo can't come back they aren't going to win. With him, most definitely. However, having Pennington in the line up isn't good enough come playoffs. Need Tulo.

After today's news it sounds like Tulo might be back even before the playoffs start. I don't see him not starting the post-season at SS.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
After today's news it sounds like Tulo might be back even before the playoffs start. I don't see him not starting the post-season at SS.

Their success hinges on it IMO. They haven't been the same team since he went down. He sort of brings it all together, whereas without him they can still win but more things have to go their way.

Such a stupid and avoidable injury too.

habfan1968

Dec 19, 2006

Thats great new for us then, I want this for Toronto sports as much as I don't like the Leafs. I would rather listen to constant Jays praise then the annoying Leafs hype.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
In any case, I'd much rather have an Astros discussion with macavoy right now than the boring Jays talk. :sarcasm:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
In any case, I'd much rather have an Astros discussion with macavoy right now than the boring Jays talk. :sarcasm:

Altuve is so soft, damn. I accidentally bumped the wall in my hallway earlier and it was more contact than the "hit" that took him out of the game.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Altuve is so soft, damn. I accidentally bumped the wall in my hallway earlier and it was more contact than the "hit" that took him out of the game.

Yeah, the ESPN crew kept saying "elbow to the head" and all I was seeing was Correa's glove brushing/slapping his face.

habfan1968

Dec 19, 2006
Dallas is going to run right over Atlanta. Expect a massive possession differential. And Oakland to win on the road? That's brave, even if it is the Browns.

I think Oakland may be turning a corner this season, at least I am hoping. This is a key game for them to show they can.

It's funny about Atlanta, they get no respect. No Romo means they have to rely on a run game, any coach will have his team prepared for that.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
So the Astros are now barely clinging to the second WC spot (will be 0.5 games up on LAA if the Angels win their game tonight). Oh, how "the mighty" have fallen.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
So the Astros are now barely clinging to the second WC spot (will be 0.5 games up on LAA if the Angels win their game tonight). Oh, how "the mighty" have fallen.

Inexperience, plain and simple. The Springer injury took a lot of their mojo and when he came back, they could never put it back together.

I don't know what the H happened to our bullpen. Up until the All Star game it was like second best in the AL.

I'm at the dentist getting a root canal and seen the 5-4 go ahead run before I got called to the back. See that they got a bunch of insurance.

Now I hope this root canal goes as well as the game today.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
A 10-8 win in a game featuring Archer/Price. :laugh:

The Jays infield was poop today.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Dallas is going to run right over Atlanta. Expect a massive possession differential. And Oakland to win on the road? That's brave, even if it is the Browns.

The Falcons are pretty good, I don't think Dallas gets through them. Not much faith in Weeden.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Inexperience, plain and simple. The Springer injury took a lot of their mojo and when he came back, they could never put it back together.

I don't know what the H happened to our bullpen. Up until the All Star game it was like second best in the AL.

I'm at the dentist getting a root canal and seen the 5-4 go ahead run before I got called to the back. See that they got a bunch of insurance.

Now I hope this root canal goes as well as the game today.

Things could have ended up very differently if Hamels didn't nix a trade to the Astros, not that I'm complaining since the Phillies got 5 prospects in the deal but if I recall correctly the offer from the Astros was said to be really good as well.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
Things could have ended up very differently if Hamels didn't nix a trade to the Astros, not that I'm complaining since the Phillies got 5 prospects in the deal but if I recall correctly the offer from the Astros was said to be really good as well.

Yea apparently we offered more. I don't know what the H happened to Kazmir, he pitched lights out his first 2 games, then he returned to his sugarland Skeeter's form since then. But starting pitching hasn't been our problem.

All year long, we never had consistent hitting, we've been too reliant on the long ball. This off season, we need to add a consistent bat, Altuve and Correa are our only consistent hitters, we need more people on base.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I think Oakland may be turning a corner this season, at least I am hoping. This is a key game for them to show they can.

It's funny about Atlanta, they get no respect. No Romo means they have to rely on a run game, any coach will have his team prepared for that.

So far so good for my prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad