OT: The other sports thread (NFL, MLB, NBA....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Didn't know who to cheer for between the Seahawks and the Packers. I like both teams. But I don't really have a team in the NFL since we don't have a local team.

The OT rule is sooooo dumb.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
The Pack don't dog the onside kick, they win. If that wounded duck 2 point attempt gets knocked down, they win. If the Pack convert in the red zone in the first half, they win.

It was one of the strangest games in recent memory.

Mynameismark*

I like the OT rule in the NFL. What about it don't you like?

A coin flip can determine the outcome. If you win it, you can score and that's it. The other team should have one chance to come back or win it. You can get up to field goal range and score and win. The other team should have a shot to beat that, or tie it.

As it is, they get no shot. So the coin flip mostly determines the winner.

The Seahawks deserved their win, but I hate the OT in the NFL.

Anyways, just like last season between the Hawks and Niners, the superbowl is determined in the NFC title game. The AFC champ wont win.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
A coin flip can determine the outcome. If you win it, you can score and that's it. The other team should have one chance to come back or win it. You can get up to field goal range and score and win. The other team should have a shot to beat that, or tie it.

As it is, they get no shot. So the coin flip mostly determines the winner.

The Seahawks deserved their win, but I hate the OT in the NFL.

Anyways, just like last season between the Hawks and Niners, the superbowl is determined in the NFC title game. The AFC champ wont win.

Yeah, this.

Both teams should have a go at it.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
I hope Brady gets his fourth ring, but I have a feeling the Seahawks will clamp down on him and Wilson will bounce back from these 4 interceptions and make some big plays.

Apr 28, 2010
Yeah, Connor looked amazing. Most anticipated fight for me: Connor-Aldo. Should be awesome!

He looked really good tonight. Still so damn cocky though..

Really... if we can fetch a clip it would be great for future encounters with Bs fans.

I know it's not hockey but still, Im pretty sure at least 80% of that crowd are Bruins fans.

They should be ashamed of themselves, lol.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
He looked really good tonight. Still so damn cocky though..

I know it's not hockey but still, Im pretty sure at least 80% of that crowd are Bruins fans.

They should be ashamed of themselves, lol.

Its hilarious. They keep bashing the chant whenever they hear it vs the Habs... but secretly they love it and will use it in other events?

Its like catching a macho friend of yours playing with dolls... or a cat fraternizing with a mouse... and other stuff.

Subban signed e5

Jun 21, 2012
There are something like 36 balls that can be used in the game. They weren't necessarily using the same ones.

ah okay. would explain why Luck was overthrowing his Receivers and Brady was completing every single throw. I am a Patriots fan and it really gets boring winning with Controversy all the time

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
ah okay. would explain why Luck was overthrowing his Receivers and Brady was completing every single throw. I am a Patriots fan and it really gets boring winning with Controversy all the time

Because the Colts Oline couldn't keep luck off his fanny?
I'm sure that having under deflated balls made laggarret Blount so much more of a wrecking ball.

There was that confusion in the third where they thought they had a kicking ball, but aside from that, meh. It might be because the Colts play in a dome, and Brady just has the experience of playing in inclement weather. Or, just on an outside chance the pats were better in every facet of the game and trounced the colts.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
Was extremely disappointed in the Packers not going after Sherman (especially after the injury) ... While watching the game, I thought that they didn't play with the killer's instinct. However, I would have never thought that that would have come back to bite in the ass like that.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

Luck flat out sucked. The Patriots would have won anyway, I am sure but this is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad