OT: The other sports thread (NFL, MLB, NBA....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Pounding continues, 15-1 now. Congrats Blue Jays on clinching Division!

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
And now Smoak. 13-1. Ladies and Gentlemen, meet your AL EAST Pennant winners.

Apparently I have a delayed feed. Well done boys.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It's my 44th birthday tomorrow and I was 22 the last time they clinched the east and won a world series. I think we are on to something.:laugh:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
D. POMPEY CF
C. PENNINGTON LF
E. CARRERA RF
C. COLABELLO DH
M. HAGUE 1B
J. THOLE C
M. KAWASAKI 3B
D. BARNEY 2B
J. DIAZ SS

World Series winning line-up right here for the 2nd game of the double-header.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It feels like it's been a big party for the last 10 days in the Jays clubhouse :laugh: . Bautista looks especially happy, with good reasons. It would have been a shame to see this guy never play a playoff game with the run he's had in the last few years.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
What a complete and utter mess this Baltimore series has been. The weather just wrecked it and cost Toronto at least a game most likely (had to dress two scrub lineups instead of one).

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Crazy last 3 minutes in the Pit vs Bal game. Pit should have put the game away, but NO......so were off to O.T

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Man I keep getting screwed this year, it's insane. The spread is eating my ass up every freaking time.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Got to meet with one if the investment managers for the Bronfmans family fund today. Got some cool info about the expos.

Told us nothing is close really. Met with the commish on multiple
occasions. The public won't fund a new stadium, and nobody in the private wants to take that risk now. So MLB won't come until new stadium is built. He also talked about the CAD/USD exchange and mentionned that because of that, no 100% canadian investors want to do it. That if the expos came back, it would necessitate an American owner (likely the current owner of the team being relocated) to remain majority owner and entertain the possibility of having local co-investors. Said that if a team came back, the Bronfmans would invest in it as oke of those co-investors

That's what I recall. If i rmemeber anything else I'll let you guys know

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Got to meet with one if the investment managers for the Bronfmans family fund today. Got some cool info about the expos.

Told us nothing is close really. Met with the commish on multiple
occasions. The public won't fund a new stadium, and nobody in the private wants to take that risk now. So MLB won't come until new stadium is built. He also talked about the CAD/USD exchange and mentionned that because of that, no 100% canadian investors want to do it. That if the expos came back, it would necessitate an American owner (likely the current owner of the team being relocated) to remain majority owner and entertain the possibility of having local co-investors. Said that if a team came back, the Bronfmans would invest in it as oke of those co-investors

That's what I recall. If i rmemeber anything else I'll let you guys know

Thanks for the info.
It doesn't sound good that we will be seeing the expos back anytime soon. That sucks but it is what it is. They would need a owner with crazy deep pockets to build a stadium, buy a team and bring it to Montreal. The owner would have to be baseball/Expos fan that doesn't care about the money....which eliminates most billionaires:(

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
I believe thats why he said that they would need the owner of the team being relocated to remain a majority owner, and sell a minority to multiple co-investors, which would dilude the overall cost and cost of the stadium

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I believe thats why he said that they would need the owner of the team being relocated to remain a majority owner, and sell a minority to multiple co-investors, which would dilude the overall cost and cost of the stadium

No I understand that and sorry for not making myself more clear. But to find such a owner willing to move his team to another country seems like a very long shot. Which is why I think it will be a very long time before we see the expos. Even if the Tampa owner wanted to do this it still would be a big process to make it happen.
-getting the land
-getting the investors
-building a stadium
-breaking Tampa lease.
-the Canadian dollar
-MLB owners agreeing on the move

Just seems like too many moving parts. If it was a Canadian billionaire building the stadium and buying a team I could see this happening in the near future. 100% owned by Canadians just like the Blue Jays. But now as it I don't have a much hope.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Nice to see the Jays starting regular lineup tonight for a change. :naughty:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
In might kill someone if the Stros miss the playoffs

I know it's not the same, but I'm going to be pissed if the Phillies end up missing out on picking 1st overall, been a while since they have been able to pick 1st and to lose it in the final weekend after being the worst team in baseball all year will suck. I know the draft has a few highly thought of arms and the Phillies badly need a future #1 type pitching prospect, but it's also the bonus pool money and being 1st in the rule 5 (the guy they got last off-season from Texas Rangers has been our best hitter, sad I know but he's good for the rebuild)

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Another Tulo start - another Jays win. Some things change, but some don't. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad