OT: The OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
How is it Bryzgalov can't find a job, yet Thomas signed a few million and MacDonald won't clear waivers?! Bryz is a former vezina candidate!

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
It's funny cause you're all so defensive about it automatically. I never once insulted any pokemon fans. I said it creeps me out and IMO it's immature. Thats my opinion. You chimed in with yours, and were the first to take shots at me. It is what it is.

I like nostalgia as much as the next guy, but I grew out of things like Ninja Turtle action figures and super nintendo. We can TALK about it, but we don't still ****ing PLAY with them! :laugh: The only video game I play now is NHL, and now GTA V. You can make fun of that and I'm not going to go into a massive defensive diatribe about it. You don't like it? Cool. I do.

And lol @ Pokemon being dark. :laugh:

When you say an activity "creeps [you] out and is immature" you're implicitly insulting the people who engage in that activity. ;)

Aug 3, 2010
How is it Bryzgalov can't find a job, yet Thomas signed a few million and MacDonald won't clear waivers?! Bryz is a former vezina candidate!

And Jim "Net Detective" Carey was a Vezina winner. What's your point?

I think it's his (perceived) personality in the locker room that plays into it. I've heard that his eccentricities just don't quite match up well with some players on the teams he's been on, and that he's been a bit of a diva.

I'm not stating that as a fact, but coupled with the tumultuous past couple of seasons he's had in Philadelphia, I can see how some teams would be reluctant to sign him if it's true. But I will say I'm surprised that he didn't even get a tryout - I thought he'd at least get that.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Well for one you have to be 17 or older to play GTAV, and I wasn't playing GTAV when I was a child. If I grew up playing GTAV, and was still playing it 15 years later, yes then something is wrong. That's how I feel about pokemon. But hey, go hard. Just don't know why all you pokemen have to flip out everytime someone speaks ill of your beloved.

I think I started this lol. I play Pokemon every couple/Few weeks. I just wanted to know why you thought what you thought. Didn't think it would into a big discussion. Oh well. :laugh:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Hey, I'll put it this way, my girlfriend is far more tolerant of me liking Pokemon than she is of me posting for hours a day on HFBoards.

I'm gonna go ahead and reinforce this. :nod:

I'm a 23 year old university student with a girlfriend who plays Pokemon in his spare time. Deal with it.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
My girlfriend would probably way prefer me playing Pokemon instead of the combination of watching hockey, playing NHL 14 and posting on here. At least if I did that, she'd probably enjoy playing along with me. I just never got into it, personally. I've been playing NHL since the pre-Playstation PC titles.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
The biggest thing I remember about Pokémon was that nobody EVER played the card game, yet they all bought the cards!?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
The biggest thing I remember about Pokémon was that nobody EVER played the card game, yet they all bought the cards!?

LOL pretty much

The TCG is pretty big nowadays I guess... I wouldn't know, I don't play, but I guess the tournaments always have good turnouts (from what I've heard)

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Hey hey hey.. Slow down with the Poke-hate.. I don't play on the daily but I did go out and buy a ds just to play, every once in a while I whip it out. I don't think that makes me immature, I work around 120 hours every two weeks, and IMO, I can do whatever the **** I want to pass my time and still be a man ;) (don't go there :laugh: )

Also, GTA V Online is ****in bomb!

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I'm probably going to wait until after my mid-terms to go online, because I know if I go online/try to get online before the exams, I'm going to fail my exams.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I know no one cares but Cervenka is ripping up the KHL behind only Dawes in ppg :laugh:

I really wish that "perfect storm" hadn't happened when he came over last year, between the freak injuries, lockout and team crumbling he never had a chance to establish himself.

I still think he could have been a successful NHL player.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I really wish that "perfect storm" hadn't happened when he came over last year, between the freak injuries, lockout and team crumbling he never had a chance to establish himself.

I still think he could have been a successful NHL player.

Yea I honestly think without the blood clot he would have been an successful 2nd line winger. Its to bad but now he is playing with Kovy so I am sure he will come back with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad