OT: The OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2012
Earth
I went to Webber Academy from grade 3-9, so I know all about those rules. There was a rule that you couldn't have any facial hair. One of the older students in high school had really fast-growing hair, and despite shaving every day he got in trouble all the time for having stubble before the end of the day. It was sad.

My high school is from 9-12. We are allowed facial hair :laugh:. We are not allowed to have mohawks...and if you show up with a mohawk they force you to shave it at the school in the hairstyling class.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Guys, all your problems would be solved if you went to a public school, not some private/catholic school. ;)

You can have all the facial hair you want

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Guys, all your problems would be solved if you went to a public school, not some private/catholic school. ;)

You can have all the facial hair you want

My mum was the head of said private school at the time, so I wasn't really given a choice. :laugh:

I moved to the west coast for grade 10 and went into the public system. I didn't immediately take advantage of my new freedoms because, well, I couldn't.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
My mum was the head of said private school at the time, so I wasn't really given a choice. :laugh:

I moved to the west coast for grade 10 and went into the public system. I didn't immediately take advantage of my new freedoms because, well, I couldn't.

And did you like public school better? That should be an obvious answer ;)

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I liked straight As and scholarships. I didn't like having to buy my own clothes. Believe it or not, I actually liked wearing a suit to school. Felt fancy as ****. :laugh:

:laugh:

Which one had the better "social life"?

I don't know, private school seems to be so fake and everything from what I've gathered

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
:laugh:

Which one had the better "social life"?

I don't know, private school seems to be so fake and everything from what I've gathered

Not really. I have never been a terribly social person. In the private school, I made friends, just not with the a-holes. Realistically, the image of private schools comes more from the behaviour of parents than of students (and given my mother's position, I heard all about the parents). I've always been a pretty cynical person, though, so it kind of hinders me from liking people and wanting to spend time with them in either setting.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Not really. I have never been a terribly social person. In the private school, I made friends, just not with the a-holes. Realistically, the image of private schools comes more from the behaviour of parents than of students (and given my mother's position, I heard all about the parents). I've always been a pretty cynical person, though, so it kind of hinders me from liking people and wanting to spend time with them in either setting.

right.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I was such a little **** head in school. I once got expelled from all public schools in Calgary so had to attend some education program for social rejects. Got expelled from that too because I skipped too much :laugh:

Pretty strange how I turned out to be a decent and somewhat successful citizen...?

FYI, I skipped class a lot to go to Juvy courts and make subtle threatening gestures (as a prank) to all the kids testifying against the hoodlums. They're moms would come to their rescue and reem us out. Pretty good grades when I attended though...

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010

People are weird, flawed, unethical and stupid as a whole. But we need them and they make us feel good. Thank goodness there's a few good folks out there, right?

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I was such a little **** head in school. I once got expelled from all public schools in Calgary so had to attend some education program for social rejects. Got expelled from that too because I skipped too much :laugh:

Pretty strange how I turned out to be a decent and somewhat successful citizen...?

FYI, I skipped class a lot to go to Juvy courts and make subtle threatening gestures (as a prank) to all the kids testifying against the hoodlums. They're moms would come to their rescue and reem us out. Pretty good grades when I attended though...

What in your right mind made you think of that? :laugh:

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
1390622_10151631092840213_1528649193_n.jpg

Aug 3, 2010

See me after class. :shakehead:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad