OT: The OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2012
Earth
You must be a real hoot at parties... :sarcasm:

Somehow that's bad? I know a bunch of corporate employees who always gather to have game nights ranging from Nintendo Wii to Monopoly. There's nothing wrong in playing any game. If you can't let yourself enjoy something for what it is, don't try and make fun of somebody who can. Pretty immature if you ask me.

This just in, Burke just bought Pokemon for Baertschi so he can now learn what it takes to be the best, the very best, like no one ever was... ;)

Baerstchi, the Fire type Pokemon. heard he is a new starter.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA

Somehow that's bad? I know a bunch of corporate employees who always gather to have game nights ranging from Nintendo Wii to Monopoly. There's nothing wrong in playing any game. If you can't let yourself enjoy something for what it is, don't try and make fun of somebody who can. Pretty immature if you ask me.

This just in, Burke just bought Pokemon for Baertschi so he can now learn what it takes to be the best, the very best, like no one ever was... ;)

Tears

May 27, 2012
Earth
Heavy duty mechanics are in such high demand its unbelievable. Its like trying to find a ninja for hire. Being a technician can be a lot of work, while operating equipment can be a lot of fun. You certainly picked a trade capable of finding work.

Not my first choice, I am more of a history guy. My uncle is a Heavy Equipment Tech, and he told me what he did, and it sounded interesting.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
I love how Hallett spent about a minute trying to find out Sean Monahan's living arrangements. :naughty:

I pointed out at least a month ago that she seemed far too interested in Sean and you people said I was juvenile. Well look at me now

900x900px-LL-00d4bfb6_its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net

Hoot at parties. :laugh: Yea ok you go to a party a bring up pokemon and see how long ppl stand near you. :biglaugh: Unless its a super fantastic Pokemon dress up party. We know all the ladies flock to those. :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with getting together and playin boards games, Wii etc. Wii bowling is a blast. But grown men playing a childhood game to this day ie Pokemon is IMO just plain weird. That's immature? No sir. Grown ass men playing Pokemon is immature.

Funny thing is I've had this debate on HF boards A MILLION TIMES! Guys just cant let it go. They will play and defend Pokemon to the death. Sad really.

Anyways, WAY off topic now. :laugh:

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Not my first choice, I am more of a history guy. My uncle is a Heavy Equipment Tech, and he told me what he did, and it sounded interesting.

Not a lot of work in history I don't imagine. Perhaps a tour guide mmchiger

Aug 3, 2010
Hoot at parties. :laugh: Yea ok you go to a party a bring up pokemon and see how long ppl stand near you. :biglaugh: Unless its a super fantastic Pokemon dress up party. We know all the ladies flock to those. :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with getting together and playin boards games, Wii etc. Wii bowling is a blast. But grown men playing a childhood game to this day ie Pokemon is IMO just plain weird. That's immature? No sir. Grown ass men playing Pokemon is immature.

Funny thing is I've had this debate on HF boards A MILLION TIMES! Guys just cant let it go. They will play and defend Pokemon to the death. Sad really.

In my experience, people seem to love delving into the nostalgia of their childhood. I haven't met a single person who doesn't recall some toy or television programme without some fondness in their words - ladies love talking about that too if that matters. I'm not much of a Pokemon fan but it's just a game, just like hockey. If you can agree that it doesn't take blood, sex or gore to have fun, why bother arguing? And if you are of the opinion that "mature" ratings is what makes something more fun, then from what I remember, Pokemon's pretty dark anyways. It's basically cockfights for kids. "You're my best friend, now bash that ****er's face in!"

But really, it's not what you or someone else likes that would ever bother me. It's what you want to try and make fun of somebody for - trying to imply that they're a loser or something because they still like something you don't like. You clearly didn't understand that message the first time I talked about it and you couldn't leave it alone.

Apologies that this did get off-topic but what a mindset to have. Just let people enjoy what they enjoy.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA

Pokemon was a big part of a lot of peoples' childhoods, mine included. It's inevitable that you're going to have nostalgia for that. On a side note, the games are addictive as ****.

Also, arguing that playing Pokemon is immature means you could argue playing GTA5 is immature. How is allowing yourself to take the fantasy and adventure of Pokemon at face value different from doing the same with GTA5? You're never going to catch Pokemon in real life, but you're never going to steal a Hummer and drive a bunch of hookers off a cliff, either.

Aug 3, 2010
Not a lot of work in history I don't imagine. Perhaps a tour guide mmchiger
If you want to have a degree in history but don't want to be a teacher or a researcher, you're pretty much screwed.

Trades are always where it's at in this province anyways. Electrician, machinist, what have you; the money will be here for those jobs.

I don't hate the arts or anything, but liberal arts degrees always make me shake my head a little. IMO they're OK as a minor but not as a major...

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
In my experience, people seem to love delving into the nostalgia of their childhood. I haven't met a single person who doesn't recall some toy or television programme without some fondness in their words - ladies love talking about that too if that matters. I'm not much of a Pokemon fan but it's just a game, just like hockey. If you can agree that it doesn't take blood, sex or gore to have fun, why bother arguing? And if you are of the opinion that "mature" ratings is what makes something more fun, then from what I remember, Pokemon's pretty dark anyways. It's basically cockfights for kids. "You're my best friend, now bash that ****er's face in!"

But really, it's not what you or someone else likes that would ever bother me. It's what you want to try and make fun of somebody for - trying to imply that they're a loser or something because they still like something you don't like. You clearly didn't understand that message the first time I talked about it and you couldn't leave it alone.

Apologies that this did get off-topic but what a mindset to have.

It's funny cause you're all so defensive about it automatically. I never once insulted any pokemon fans. I said it creeps me out and IMO it's immature. Thats my opinion. You chimed in with yours, and were the first to take shots at me. It is what it is.

I like nostalgia as much as the next guy, but I grew out of things like Ninja Turtle action figures and super nintendo. We can TALK about it, but we don't still ****ing PLAY with them! :laugh: The only video game I play now is NHL, and now GTA V. You can make fun of that and I'm not going to go into a massive defensive diatribe about it. You don't like it? Cool. I do.

And lol @ Pokemon being dark. :laugh:

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Pokemon was a big part of a lot of peoples' childhoods, mine included. It's inevitable that you're going to have nostalgia for that. On a side note, the games are addictive as ****.

Also, arguing that playing Pokemon is immature means you could argue playing GTA5 is immature. How is allowing yourself to take the fantasy and adventure of Pokemon at face value different from doing the same with GTA5? You're never going to catch Pokemon in real life, but you're never going to steal a Hummer and drive a bunch of hookers off a cliff, either.

Well for one you have to be 17 or older to play GTAV, and I wasn't playing GTAV when I was a child. If I grew up playing GTAV, and was still playing it 15 years later, yes then something is wrong. That's how I feel about pokemon. But hey, go hard. Just don't know why all you pokemen have to flip out everytime someone speaks ill of your beloved.

Aug 3, 2010
It's funny cause you're all so defensive about it automatically. I never once insulted any pokemon fans. I said it creeps me out and IMO it's immature. Thats my opinion. You chimed in with yours, and were the first to take shots at me. It is what it is.

I like nostalgia as much as the next guy, but I grew out of things like Ninja Turtle action figures and super nintendo. We can TALK about it, but we don't still ****ing PLAY with them! :laugh: The only video game I play now is NHL, and now GTA V. You can make fun of that and I'm not going to go into a massive defensive diatribe about it. You don't like it? Cool. I do.

And lol @ Pokemon being dark. :laugh:
Just because you're not playing it on a Super Nintendo doesn't make it any different. You're just playing a better looking version of Blades of Steel, and GTA was released on the first PlayStation. You thought you grew out of it but it's the same **** different pile.

Also, I hate to break it to you (in case you're too young) but this age-rating stuff only came about in the last 7 years and started being enforced at the sales counter. When I was a kid (around 12) I could buy and play teen rated or mature rated games - they didn't enforce anything and it's not what the game is rated in maturity that makes you a more mature person. It's not a badge of honour, it's just a board of directors believing that the average individual person is better able to understand the concepts within the game.

Wonder how Baertschi feels about this? :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Just because you're not playing it on a Super Nintendo doesn't make it any different. You're just playing a better looking version of Blades of Steel, and GTA was released on the first PlayStation. You thought you grew out of it but it's the same **** different pile.

Naw bro. Online is a whole other bag of cheetos. I wouldn't play videos games if not for online. Me vs CPU got old to me a longggg time ago.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Well for one you have to be 17 or older to play GTAV, and I wasn't playing GTAV when I was a child. If I grew up playing GTAV, and was still playing it 15 years later, yes then something is wrong. That's how I feel about pokemon. But hey, go hard. Just don't know why all you pokemen have to flip out everytime someone speaks ill of your beloved.

I understand where you're coming from, and the types of people you're talking about, but it's not an all-consuming obsession for most people. Just something that holds nostalgic value, is still honestly fun to play, and lends itself to lots of inside jokes. But yeah, I agree that some people take it too far. It's generally harmless though.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
I understand where you're coming from, and the types of people you're talking about, but it's not an all-consuming obsession for most people. Just something that holds nostalgic value, is still honestly fun to play, and lends itself to lots of inside jokes. But yeah, I agree that some people take it too far. It's generally harmless though.

Yeah if it's still fun I say go for it. Privately, by yourself, go for it. Once you're married, throw it all out. If you don't, the wife will for you. :laugh::laugh:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Hoot at parties. :laugh: Yea ok you go to a party a bring up pokemon and see how long ppl stand near you. :biglaugh:

I'm not sure how this is so funny.

I bring Pokemon up all the time at parties and it seems to get the ladies :dunno:

like all the ladies

ask them what their favorite pokemon is and they'll flock to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad