I have been practicing my Jedi skillz

ExxNXoluTMmDHKMtUBK1_Cat%20Force.gif

For kovabro

cgYVVOFoRnGacuwgXA74_Game%20Show%20Soda%20Chug.gif

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Speaking of Star Wars, if anybody here has any connections to Disney, Bad Robot or Abrams please help this guy get his dying wish. He's terminally ill and a massive Star Wars fan and is not expected to live long enough to see the premiere. His wish is to see the movie before he passes away.

http://m.click2houston.com/news/loc...ents-dying-star-wars-wish-goes-viral/36136054

SPRING, Texas -
A terminally ill cancer patient has been a "Star Wars" fan from the time he was 8 or 9 years old and now his dying wish to see the new installment is going viral.

Some 12 years ago Daniel Fleetwood was even the subject of an article in his hometown newspaper for camping out for tickets.

His greatest hope now is also his dying wish: to see the latest installment of the movie before he passes away.

"Judging by how progressive the disease has gotten in the past two months," Daniel says, "I really don't think that I'll be able to make it.

"The Force Awakens" is scheduled for nationwide release on Dec. 18.

Back in July Daniel's oncologist gave him only two months to live from a rare form of connective tissue cancer called spindle cell sarcoma. By that count Daniel should've already passed away but believes he's hanging on to see the movie.

"I just love Star Wars," he says. "With everything I got I love Star Wars.

Daniel is in hospice care at home now, spending as much time as possible with his wife Ashley and hoping beyond all hope to see the Star Wars film before time runs out.

"It's a commitment and he still has that commitment, that drive, and that love and I think that it's a beautiful thing," says Ashley. "Even if it's just a movie. That's magic for a lot of people."
Daniel is hoping the makers of the movie, Walt Disney Studios will allow him to see the final version of the movie even if it's a screening supervised by studio executives.

"I really don't think that I'm gonna make it," Daniel says. "Please do what you can. Help me."

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I have a couple Dell machines, not too bad overall. Had an issue with one but the repairs were free since it was under warranty. Still have a 5150c I purchased in 2006 and it's still running with Windows 7.

Currently have an HP laptop and it seems to be alright.

RP, everytime you put the word 'rubbish' into one of your posts I have a shot of brandy in the morning. Carry on, good sir! :laugh:

How do you even function???

The next two RP and Taylor encounters will go down like these

CA9creXSRuPz6GpiyHiE_nba-butt-grab.gif

VXKi6btfSeu7Aw6jWN6s_VR%20Old%20Man.gif

She's in for a big surprise the next time she goes on a morning jog...

camuflagem-2.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Mittens*

Is this real? He tipps the mug back when its in his face and the level does not go down at the front edge like it should?

The Japanese can pull of some crazy crazy stuff on the game shows and adult videos

scryan

May 1, 2013
Practice turkey is almost done!
Never cooked one before, but planning to smoke one for Thanksgiving so I figured I'd give it a shot ahead of time. Now to figure out to do with all this turkey meat...

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
Practice turkey is almost done!
Never cooked one before, but planning to smoke one for Thanksgiving so I figured I'd give it a shot ahead of time. Now to figure out to do with all this turkey meat...

I've smoked turkey twice on a Charcoal Weber, came out delicious!

I have a Weber Bullet smoker now, need to try it out that way. Thanks for the inspiration!

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
Anyone catch Ash vs. Evil Dead last night? Was exactly what you would expect from Raimi and Campbell!

GROOVY!

scryan

May 1, 2013
I've smoked turkey twice on a Charcoal Weber, came out delicious!

I have a Weber Bullet smoker now, need to try it out that way. Thanks for the inspiration!
aq35pIa.jpg

Came out pretty decent. Probably should have cooked hotter, the skin wasn't crispy enough.
Tasted good, but a couple spots in the breast turn kinda to gel? Think it had to do with the butter/chicken broth injections I game it...

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I'm a sucker for a beautiful film. Case in point - Prometheus.

It does look fantastic, but story-wise definitely top 5 worst all-time. So brutal.

I was willing to give Microsoft a second chance after enjoying my Xbox One so much. The Xbox One is such a phenomenal platform. Everything about it is perfect. From Kinect, to the TV integration, to the UI, to the games - it's simply perfected executed. The idea of having a device that was very portable, had an optional keyboard for when I do and don't want it, and above all else, a full executed OS (all my work sites are heavily detailed and basically useless on a phone; multiple layers and such) was very attractive. The build quality and design is fantastic. The keyboard case (now with proper keys) is top notch. And the pen is just as advertised. However, Windows is still an acquired taste. There were no glaring problems, but rather many smaller ones. I just couldn't get past them all. It's a bummer because I really wanted to pick one up. I want a tablet UI with a full OS backbone. It doesn't translate well to a tablet.

Interesting, I've had the exact opposite experience with my xbox one. I loved my 360 but the one has been total garbage. The first two I had were eating my discs. Like literally chewing the inner ring on them. The blu-ray player UI is complete crap (we really need to pop up an overlay menu instead of using the disc's native menu?). It can't understand a god damn thing I say to it to the point I've just given up trying. Games have looked good when they're not locking up, but the titles worth playing have been few and far between. Gave up on The Witcher and Alien: Isolation after a few hours each, which really is unheard of for me. I did really enjoy Ori and the blind forest though. Visually beautiful and a fun little platformer, again when it wasn't crapping out. I'm interested to see what the next update brings and what it's backward compatible with, but so far it's been a huge downgrade. I'd rather have my 360 and get my PS3 back to play blu-rays.

It's cute seeing you guys talk about Linux. Always good to see more converts. :)

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Discs? Who still buys games on disc?

Well, even if you want to pretend that people haven't been collecting DVDs and Blu Rays for the last 20 years, at 10-20GB each game the xbox one has a piss-poor amount of storage to buy all your games on digital download going forward. That is unless every time you want to play an older game you're willing to wait an hour to download it again.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Well, even if you want to pretend that people haven't been collecting DVDs and Blu Rays for the last 20 years, at 10-20GB each game the xbox one has a piss-poor amount of storage to buy all your games on digital download going forward. That is unless every time you want to play an older game you're willing to wait an hour to download it again.

It even gets worse when your ISP has data caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad