OT: The OT thread - Where we're going we don't need topics. Warning in post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scryan

May 1, 2013
Well, even if you want to pretend that people haven't been collecting DVDs and Blu Rays for the last 20 years, at 10-20GB each game the xbox one has a piss-poor amount of storage to buy all your games on digital download going forward. That is unless every time you want to play an older game you're willing to wait an hour to download it again.
Are they still using proprietary hard drives?

I don't play THAT many games but other console starts at 500gb, so that's like 20 games, with a decent amount of free space at 20gigs a game. Super nice not having to switch discs every time you play something else. I have one disc, and it just stays inside. I don't know that I actually know how to eject it offhand( though obviously easy enough to figure out)

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
You can plug in a usb 3 drive apparently, but right now the drive that came with my xbox is at 41% and I only have 6 games, two of which are small indy downloads. Considering I had like 75 games on my 360, it's just not enough. Really though, my gripe is with the crashing and the blu-ray capabilities. Hopefully they will improve it with a future update, but right now it's very "meh".

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
It does look fantastic, but story-wise definitely top 5 worst all-time. So brutal.

Interesting, I've had the exact opposite experience with my xbox one. I loved my 360 but the one has been total garbage. The first two I had were eating my discs. Like literally chewing the inner ring on them. The blu-ray player UI is complete crap (we really need to pop up an overlay menu instead of using the disc's native menu?). It can't understand a god damn thing I say to it to the point I've just given up trying. Games have looked good when they're not locking up, but the titles worth playing have been few and far between. Gave up on The Witcher and Alien: Isolation after a few hours each, which really is unheard of for me. I did really enjoy Ori and the blind forest though. Visually beautiful and a fun little platformer, again when it wasn't crapping out. I'm interested to see what the next update brings and what it's backward compatible with, but so far it's been a huge downgrade. I'd rather have my 360 and get my PS3 back to play blu-rays.

It's cute seeing you guys talk about Linux. Always good to see more converts. :)

Loved my original Xbox and 360, and love my One even more.

I haven't had any disc problems (fortunately) and I've only had one console problem ever - Xbox 360 Elite crapped out. Microsoft sent me a new one overnight and threw in 3 months of Live.

I agree on the Blu-Ray UI. Haven't used it in a while (I usually digital download stuff to my phone), but I remember it being a disaster.

Kinect works flawlessly for me. I can't even remember the last time I've touched my remote.

Forza has replaced Gran Turismo. I was the biggest Gran Turismo supporter for years and I just couldn't handle their Halley's Comet release cycle. Halo Collection has been a lot of fun along with Titanfall.

PS4 has nothing going on though. I bought one earlier this year and I haven't touched it since. The UI is an absolute DISASTER. Did a 10 year old kid design that ****? I barely touched my PS3 and it looks like I wasted a bunch of money on a PS4. Sony is embarrassing. PS4 is a joke so far outside of the multiplatforms.

Focusing on indies on a $350+ platform =

giphy.gif

Well, even if you want to pretend that people haven't been collecting DVDs and Blu Rays for the last 20 years, at 10-20GB each game the xbox one has a piss-poor amount of storage to buy all your games on digital download going forward. That is unless every time you want to play an older game you're willing to wait an hour to download it again.

It's across the board though. Sony and Microsoft (I won't acknowledge Nintendo because I think they're irrelevant) want everyone to adopt a fully digital portfolio, but ship with a 500GB drive. It's laughable. The cost difference between a 500GB and 1TB drive is so minimal with the volumes they're ordering. Cheap ****s. Gotta add those extra SKUs down the line!

It also annoys me that Apple insists on keeping the 16GB iPhone.

You can plug in a usb 3 drive apparently, but right now the drive that came with my xbox is at 41% and I only have 6 games, two of which are small indy downloads. Considering I had like 75 games on my 360, it's just not enough. Really though, my gripe is with the crashing and the blu-ray capabilities. Hopefully they will improve it with a future update, but right now it's very "meh".

I have an external 2TB Seagate permanently attached to my Xbox One after filling up the stock drive.

scryan

May 1, 2013
It also annoys me that Apple insists on keeping the 16GB iPhone.

16 gig phone is just stupid. its 2015.

Hell my last phone was 32 gig with no external storage... And I was a couple gig away from being up against the limit with my modest music library (**** you, I am not relying on "the cloud" for my music...) and a system backup on hand.

Got a 64gig nexus 6 a while ago, and its been fine for storage... Like 20 gig free. I am not doing less then 64 again though and would be looking more towards 128 whenever I end up upgrading... which may be a while.

I never got the platform exclusive thing though. Most major games come on on both. TBH buy what your buddies have. My and the people I play with have basically always been on PS. Interface may be a little stupid... but I turn it on, then play a game. The one I am usually playing is probably already loaded, the one I probably want otherwise is a tile or two to the left. TBH the stupidest ****ing thing with it, is that while I can have a buddy watch me play live, or hand him the controller over the internet... I can send him pictures, and I am constantly recording so if something amazing happens I can hit a button and save the last 15 minutes of video (which as long as you remember its there.... every now and again is really cool).... I can't ****ing send a buddy a short clip of me playing? Literally the only way to show these videos is to upload them to youtube. Even if you share play, where they can watch your screen... when I go to my library of clips its ****ing blocked out for them? What? I just want to show one of my buddies the sick shot where I sniped the driver out of a bouncing jeep moving at full speed in BF3, or the time when that titan was hiding in his bubble in crucible waving at me through my scope right as it wore off and I sniped his face in... Not worth uploading to public, I just want to show a friend?

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
32GB is pushing it also. I have a 64GB 6 Plus and haven't had any memory issues.

Nexus is sweet. The ONLY Android device I'd consider.

I picked the One because the majority of all my gaming has been on Xbox and I prefer their exclusives. I don't play online so that doesn't really matter. Kinect works great for recording clips - "Xbox, record that."

Captain Mittens*

It want it to be next Sunday. It is just wrong for TWD to do a flashback episode after a cliffhanger

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

scryan

May 1, 2013
It want it to be next Sunday. It is just wrong for TWD to do a flashback episode after a cliffhanger

Man. I can't wait for the next season of breaking bad.

You know, the one where Walt's death, and the entire stand off with Hank turns out to be a hallucination of one of Jessies drug binges, but then he goes to rehab and him and Jane have a super cute wedding.

Oh wait, thats not happening... because that show was ****ing legit, and wasn't going to do gnarly stuff, only to erase it with the weakest, ****ing laziest story telling mechanism EVER (and then he woke up!)

If TWD does something as extreme as killing Glenn, only to draw it out into a TWO WEEK cliff hanger... then be like "lols, naw just playing..." :shakehead

Its always been an entertaining show, where awesome characters deal with/do crazy ****, but I am not sure it is truely a great show. I don't know that it has that depth, I think in some ways its just entertainment.

And if after 2 weeks of leaving you hanging, they just erase what happened... What legitimacy does that have? What legitimacy does ANY dramatic moment have if they are liable to just back up the tape and fix anything that is not comfortable enough for their massive crowd of viewers?
Its the ****ing Apocalypse. Main characters should die. How could all of them survive forever?

scryan

May 1, 2013
Dude, it's a ****ing TV show, relax. Go smoke some meth.

So what, I can't have an opinion on it?

Its a discussion forum... What the hell else are we here to do? You guys are wishing you lost a week of your life so you can see the next bit... But all of a sudden I need to relax if I disagree?

Captain Mittens*

Man. I can't wait for the next season of breaking bad.

You know, the one where Walt's death, and the entire stand off with Hank turns out to be a hallucination of one of Jessies drug binges, but then he goes to rehab and him and Jane have a super cute wedding.

Oh wait, thats not happening... because that show was ****ing legit, and wasn't going to do gnarly stuff, only to erase it with the weakest, ****ing laziest story telling mechanism EVER (and then he woke up!)

If TWD does something as extreme as killing Glenn, only to draw it out into a TWO WEEK cliff hanger... then be like "lols, naw just playing..." :shakehead

Its always been an entertaining show, where awesome characters deal with/do crazy ****, but I am not sure it is truely a great show. I don't know that it has that depth, I think in some ways its just entertainment.

And if after 2 weeks of leaving you hanging, they just erase what happened... What legitimacy does that have? What legitimacy does ANY dramatic moment have if they are liable to just back up the tape and fix anything that is not comfortable enough for their massive crowd of viewers?
Its the ****ing Apocalypse. Main characters should die. How could all of them survive forever?

No one can be Breaking Bad but Breaking Bad.

You can't get this wound up over a TV show man. That reminded me of Peter Gibbons in the beginning of Office Space. Our state has a wonderful medicinal herb program. :) it's not healthy to be that wound up

scryan

May 1, 2013
No one can be Breaking Bad but Breaking Bad.

You can't get this wound up over a TV show man. That reminded me of Peter Gibbons in the beginning of Office Space. Our state has a wonderful medicinal herb program. :) it's not healthy to be that wound up

Perhaps, but the states wonderful medicine herb program provides no protection from employer discrimination...

And speaking of taking things too seriously... I think you guys take a short rant on an internet message board too seriously.

Its like when you say you hate something around someone, and they go "ohhh I don't hate things"
Yes you do. You just don't admit you hate things.
Its OK to not like something, say it... then move on. Its not like I will spend the next weeks constantly consumed with it... but the topic comes up, and I see no issue with calling lazy writing lazy writing, and I make that point not only with a show that did it better, but by pointing out the flaws of undoing something and why its a bad idea long term for the development of a show...
:dunno:

May all be a moot point anyways, looks like the actor who plays Glenn was not listed in the credits of tonight episode.

Kinda slow episode overall, but not too bad.
Was supposed to have taken place AFTER he left the setup he had in the town yes? Why would he leave his fortified setup in that town with all the traps to make camp in a field?

I think I'm gonna watch breaking bad again...

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I'm sorry, but the Walking Dead has been such click bait, soap opera crap since season two it isn't even funny. This show bugs the hell out of me because the morals and questions there of were covered a long time ago and so then what is there? Piss poor action? Really?

The only reason I keep watching is because...

JMO, but give me ZNation any day. Don't insult me with your ridiculousity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad