Feb 15, 2010
Guam

...there is a way out

0PrHq4E.png

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa
I made this thread because im sick of the bs in GDT! I want to hear about the good things we are doing! IMO we are very close to being at the level we were playing at the end of last season. Get some points on this road trip and come home for 4 straight games. Those are the games we really need to step up in.

That's fine but Optimism threads can be full of BS too.

GDTs are immediate and mostly visceral, during and right after. If you weren't upset last night, you're a liar. Guarantee you the team was pissed off.

Now on to the thread topic:

Sergei Brobrosky lost that game for us last night. I was having Denis flashbacks. My optimism about him has taken a hit.

Overpaid under-performing Wiz and Anisimov I'm optimistic will stop sucking.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Hockey seasons are long and all the teams go through different iterations, that's what makes a long season so interesting and entertaining. If we were undefeated now, there's no way I'd trust that as a true indication of the abilities of this team, any more than I trust the latest slump, at this stage of the season, to be indicative of who this team is.

That said, can we please just lock this jinx-a$$ thread already??

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I'll throw my hat in.

In the last two games, I think we are starting to see the emergence of young Ryan Johansen. Dude has been a monster not only on both sides of the ice, but in the faceoff circle. He's finally getting rewarded for his efforts with some points.

Jenner is obviously improving, but he needs to round out some of his mistakes. Should be no problem with time.

Anyone else think Cam looks a bit like a smaller Giroux without the dangles?

What? Cam has some of the best dangles on the team! I mean I know you saw that coast to coast beaut, and that wasn't his first!

The way they played after the 3-0 deficit tonight had me hopeful that they have finally woke up and are ready to start the season.

But on a side note, it took this team to start abysmally last year before going 19-5-5. I don't see either of those happening this year. As long as we can take steps over the next 2 seasons I'd be happy. If we can finish around or above. .500 this season and can improve upon that next season I think we'll be fine.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well, by comparison to the rest of the Metro, we're not half bad. :laugh: :shakehead

I like what I see from the team most of the time, but we've lost a bit of coherence. We need to get that back.

And what the flipping hell has happened to Wisniewski? :whaaa?:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Well, by comparison to the rest of the Metro, we're not half bad. :laugh: :shakehead

Not to dampen the optimism but I'm pretty sure only Philadelphia is below us in the the Metro standings. But I am optimistic that we can stay ahead of them if we win tonight.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
As of today, before the game, CBJ have 3 of the top 50 centers....(no minimums taken) McKenzie(58.5), Ansimov(55.1), and Johansen(54.5). And Dubinsky makes it in at #81 with 50.9%

However, if you take TOI into affect.. Johansen, Ansimov and Dubinsky are waaaay higher up.

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
Due to the weakness of the Metropolitan and Columbus' voracious appetite for loser points, the CBJ are 3 points out of 3rd in the division and entering a 6 game stretch where they play Edmonton (x2), Calgary, and Nashville.

TL;DR ALL ABOARD

0PrHq4E.png

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Well, technically, 4 points out as we lose the tie breakers. :p

This season is resembling last seasons. At least we are ahead of our pace set last season, although I would be surprised if we put together a 29 game stretch like we did last season (19-5-5).

We'll probably struggle to get into the top 3 in the division; the division might be weak but the top 2 are probably set even though the Pens are showing some weakness.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So. Wisniewski. 16 points in 20 games. How 'bout that.

Oh, and we have a five-game "points streak" thanks to the OTLs. When was the last time I heard that one...? :)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
At least being in the East now, we don't have to go back to Edmonton till next season.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Well, as bad as the CBJ are they are .500 so far in this 5 game tour of Canada...

Ottawa:win
Edmonton:loss
Cagary:win
Vancouver:loss

If they can man up in Toronto on Monday and win with Mc in net all will be fine... bench Bob for a few games, I'm tired of seeing soft goals by our starter, I'd rather see soft goals by our back up as it's expected.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Well, as bad as the CBJ are they are .500 so far in this 5 game tour of Canada...

Ottawa:win
Edmonton:loss
Cagary:win
Vancouver:loss

If they can man up in Toronto on Monday and win with Mc in net all will be fine... bench Bob for a few games, I'm tired of seeing soft goals by our starter, I'd rather see soft goals by our back up as it's expected.

lmao. Double standards? Thats asinine. How is it in any way acceptable for Richards to pat McElhinney on the back after a bad goal and say "don't worry, you'll get it next time!" but if Bob let in the same goal he would say "Are you serious? Sit next to me on the bench, you're done tonight." That's not fair, every goalie should be held to the same standards.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
lmao. Double standards? Thats asinine. How is it in any way acceptable for Richards to pat McElhinney on the back after a bad goal and say "don't worry, you'll get it next time!" but if Bob let in the same goal he would say "Are you serious? Sit next to me on the bench, you're done tonight." That's not fair, every goalie should be held to the same standards.

Yep. 5.625 mill Vezina winner and a 600k McBackup - definitely should expect the same from them.

Now if only Bob would get up to McB's level things would be better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad