TSN: The Oilers and Lucic

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
I think poeple are looking at it the wrong way. Maybe get a player to make Lucic look good and problem solve. Enter Krejci.

Reactions: Estlin

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Where's the fans that were defending lucics production two months ago because he had a good 11 game stretch?

Lol

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
How much is Edmonton willing to retain?
What about Lucic@50%+Benson+unprotected 1st this year
for
Leivo, Lupul@50%, Fehr, SJ'S 2nd and Picard?

Lots of pieces going both ways.
This offer alone isn't worth a top 10 pick, let alone the rest of it. wtf are you on..?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The best option is to keep him around until the next CBA when they change the buyout rules. The other option is to put him on LTDI and make him disappear. Lucic seems like a proud guy, I’d give him this offseason to drop some weight and work on his speed.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Hall + Eberle < Larsson + Lucic + The Older Strome apparently didn't work out like they thought it would...

Also selecting Benson over Debrincat (McDavid's linemate and good friend)
And the Griffin Reinhart disaster.

Maroon - McDavid - Debrincat
Hall - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Beauvillier - Barzal - Eberle
Caggiula - RNH - Kassian

Reactions: TML1967

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
This offer alone isn't worth a top 10 pick, let alone the rest of it. wtf are you on..?

Lol Lucic at 3 million is something EVERY TEAM would take on. But we have to add a top5 pick + good prospect to take back Toronto's trash. Hillarious

Reactions: ivanlwan

Jan 21, 2018
Also selecting Benson over Debrincat (McDavid's linemate and good friend)
And the Griffin Reinhart disaster.

Maroon - McDavid - Debrincat
Hall - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Beauvillier - Barzal - Eberle
Caggiula - RNH - Kassian

You're assuming Debrincat and Barzal would be the same players today if they were drafted by the Oilers who have no idea how to manage young players.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
eriksson for lucic. 1 less year on his deal, brings home Lucic and fits the power forward with skill we are after.

Too bad that this deal wont happen though.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Lucic plus unprotected 1st to Vegas? Depends if they want to keep Perron and Neal. Downgrade one of the two to Lucic for about the same money they'll be asking for and they add a lot to their future.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Honest question for Oiler fans. What was the expectation you guys had when you signed Lucic? Both from a point perspective as other contributions.
He'd be worth about 6 million for about 3 years. Provide 50-60 points and play physical. For the most part he's lived up to that.

Then for the 2 years after that be around 40-50 points, show signs of slowing down. Be a little bit overpaid, but still contribute some.

The last 2 years of the contract is where I think he will be really bad, and will likely be bought out or try to move the last year or so of the contract to a non-contender.

Its not a good contract, and I would have personally passed on Lucic. But he is far from worst in the league. I'd take him over the other UFA who were signed that summer in Ladd, Eriksson, and Okposo. I think the Oilers should stand pat with the contract until the last 2 years or so when it'd be cheap to move.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Mcdavid must feel like an idiot for taking a discount to stay with this team. He should have taken a max contract and told the oilers to take a walk. Maybe the lack of cap space would have forced Chiarelli to actually work on building a team.
Or maybe, unlike most Leaf fans, he doesnt have a blind hate for all things Oilers and sees a future here.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Lol Lucic at 3 million is something EVERY TEAM would take on. But we have to add a top5 pick + good prospect to take back Toronto's trash. Hillarious
Ikr, such a garbage offer. I'm not the biggest fan of Lucic (He's wildly inconsistent) but even I know at 3m, he'd be on one of the better contracts in the nhl.

Jan 21, 2018
Ikr, such a garbage offer. I'm not the biggest fan of Lucic (He's wildly inconsistent) but even I know at 3m, he'd be on one of the better contracts in the nhl.

do you not understand the major problem with Lucic's contract is term?

3M locked up that many years is still an anchor if Lucic's play continues to decline each year. there are better contracts than that which have been bought out.

i don't expect the Oilers to retain 50% AND give up a lottery 1st. actually I don't expect them to do either, Lucic is stuck on that team unless they can find a similar albatross contract to swap. but even at 50% that's a bad contract, that's how bad Chiarelli is at his job.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think poeple are looking at it the wrong way. Maybe get a player to make Lucic look good and problem solve. Enter Krejci.

There is a direct correlation between the ‘Lucic looks like ass’ timeline and ‘Oilers lose RNH 4-6 weeks with broken ribs’ timeline.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The best option is to keep him around until the next CBA when they change the buyout rules. The other option is to put him on LTDI and make him disappear. Lucic seems like a proud guy, I’d give him this offseason to drop some weight and work on his speed.

I think Spector wrote in a column in training camp that lucic worked out with Terrell Owens in the summer. TO in his mid 40's is still in amazing shape. Don't think whatever they did worked for milan.

Reality was he'd be worth the $6 mill for 3 years, around 50 odd points per year. Show signs in years 4&5 of a degradation. Closer to the 40 point range. Then years 6-7 be down close to 30 points and offer no physical presence.

But, you do not hand out a contract like that unless you really benefit from years 1-3, like contending for the cup. Otherwise, when Connor is on his new deal, it becomes an anchor.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Lucic plus unprotected 1st to Vegas? Depends if they want to keep Perron and Neal. Downgrade one of the two to Lucic for about the same money they'll be asking for and they add a lot to their future.

There is a massive amount of overrating what it would take to move Lucic’s contract in here.

Dumping the whole thing and not taking any salary back and retaining a bit to make it more palatable are wildly different things; no chance does Edmonton give up an unprotected first rounder this year to move him. 2019 or 2020 maybe but with that puck looking like it could be top 5 in a great draft class? Dream on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad